1. here come your midweek funnies….
sadly, this one is true…..
the next one is GROSS, but FUNNY….
well, you said you wanted one of these….
2. we lost a couple of celebrities yesterday….
first of all, NBC film critic JUDITH CRIST died at the age of 90….she was, supposedly, one of the most despised film critics out there…but, what people forget is this…IT’S ONE PERSON’S OPINION….here she is back in her younger years, and recently….
also, composer MARVIN HAMLISCH died monday at the age of 68…he’s mostly known for “THE ENTERTAINER” from “THE STING”. he also wrote music for “ICE CASTLES”, “SOPHIE’S CHOICE,” “THE WAY WE WERE” and many more….here is MARVIN HAMLISCH a few years back and recently…..
3. speaking of MARVIN HAMLISCH, let’s play some music…this one of my favorite instrumentals of all time…it’s “THE ENTERTAINER” from the hit movie “THE STING.”
4. happy birthday wishes are going out to actress/singer CONNIE STEVENS…she turns 74 today….here she is years ago….
and here is CONNIE STEVENS today at 74….
5. LARRY WILCOX has a birthday today…he played officer JON BAKER, opposite ERIK ESTRADA’S character “PONCH” on the hit tv show “C.H.I.P.S.” LARRY turns 65 today….
here he is back on the show with ERIK ESTRADA….
and here’s LARRY WILCOX today at 65…..
and, in case you’re wondering, ERIK ESTRADA is now 63…here’s what he looks like today….
6. and finally, “RALPH MALPH” from “HAPPY DAYS” has a birthday today….actor DONNY MOST is 59 today…..remember him?
i do believe he actually goes by “DON” today….here is DON MOST today at 59…..
7. it’s amazing how much better a guy can feel with a little exercise…i have been very lazy in that category since i had my hernia surgery a few months back…but, the last couple of days JEANNIE AND I have been walking at night, and i feel much better…even sleep better at night….i am so proud and amazed at my wife’s workout plan…she works out in the early morning, after work, and then goes walking with me….SHE’S AMAZING…
8. a new report claims that the key to dieting is to keep treats out of sight…that’s why i have a blindfold on when i’m eating my twinkies…
9. a rover the size of a SUV landed on the surface of mars on sunday…so far they haven’t spotted any signs of life, other than six STARBUCKS….
10. TOAD SUCK, ARKANSAS has been voted the “most unfortunate town name” in AMERICA…apparently the judges haven’t been to KARDASHIAN BUTT, MONTANA….
11. MICHAEL PHELPS and RYAN LOCHTE admitted that they have both peed in the pool, and many other swimmers probably have too….puts a new meaning to “GOING FOR THE GOLD.”
12. experts say that this season’s drought will result in the worst U.S. corn yield in five years…you know what that means….outrageous prices for MOONSHINE….
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
After a particularly poor game of golf, a popular club member skipped the clubhouse and started to go home. As he was walking to the parking lot to get his car, a policeman stopped him and asked, “Did you tee off on the sixteenth hole about twenty minutes ago?”
“Yes,” the golfer responded.
“Did you happen to hook your ball so that it went over the trees and off the course?” the cop asked.
“Yes, I did. How did you know?” the golfer asked.
“Well,” said the policeman very seriously, “Your ball flew out onto the highway and crashed through a driver’s windshield. The car went out of control, crashing into five other cars and a fire truck. The fire truck couldn’t make it to the fire, and the building burned down. So, what are you going to do about it?”
The golfer thought it over carefully and responded, “I think I’ll close my stance a little bit, tighten my grip and lower my right thumb.”
HAVE A HAPPY HUMP DAY…