TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS ONE….
1. here come your monday funnies….
i have to rethink my life…because i LOVE this next idea….
OKAY LADIES..LISTEN CAREFULLY TO THE NEXT ONE….
this next guy must LOVE to party…..
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to actor PETER HORTON…he turns 59 today….do you remember him?
he was one of the stars of the hit tv show “THIRTY SOMETHING.”
he also starred opposite LINDA HAMILTON in the great horror movie “CHILDREN OF THE CORN.”
here’s PETER HORTON today at 59…..
3. speaking of his “CHILDREN OF THE CORN” co-star LINDA HAMILTON, let’s find out whatever happened to her….
i have always thought that she was so pretty….
LINDA HAMILTON is probably best known for playing “SARAH CONNOR” in the movies “TERMINATOR” and “TERMINATOR 2″…
she also starred with RON PERLMAN on the tv version of “BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.”
LINDA HAMILTON is now 55 years old…here she is recently….
4. my beautiful wife and i saw a couple of movies this weekend…well, actually, i saw one by myself and we saw another one together….
on saturday afternoon, i sat down and FINALLY watched the movie “PUSS IN BOOTS.” this is a spinoff of the “SHREK” movies, which we both love….
what did i think? LOVED IT…very funny…lots of cute nursery story jokes just like the SHREK movies…..yes, it’s a cartoon, but sometimes cartoons are much funnies than actual real life movies…
and then yesterday afternoon, JEANNIE AND I finally went to see “HOPE SPRINGS.”
we laughed our butts off in this movie….i’m a huge fan of TOMMY LEE JONES, in fact, he is my favorite actor of all time…taking over from GENE HACKMAN, who has been my favorite for a couple of decades…..love love love him…also, MERYL STREEP is just one legendary movie actress…everything she touches becomes movie magic….
it’s a really really good movie about a couple who have been married over 30 years and try to get thier “spark” back…some pretty funny moments, very romantic parts, and STEVE CARRELL is great as the therapist…highly recommended….
5. some BROWN COUNTY FAIR moments….
***JEANNIE AND I expanded our horizons this past week. not only did we attend our first rodeo, but we, for the second year in a row, went to the demolition derby…we’re really getting into that event….
***we didn’t go to friday’s concert because we had no idea who those guys were, but we did go to saturday’s concert featuring DIERKS BENTLEY….even though we only knew ONE SONG by him, we enjoyed it…he’s a good entertainer and had the crowd singing with him on almost every song…..
***on saturday we picked up one of our favorite things at the fair….kettle corn popcorn…yummy….
***we can’t walk five feet without stopping to talk with someone…JEANNIE hates going places with me…ha ha….
***hats off to the BROWN COUNTY FAIR board members and workers…it was a great fair, and i cannot even IMAGINE how much work goes into it….nice job…can’t wait until next year….
6. THE NFL SEASON IS ANOTHER WEEKEND CLOSER…rookie quarterback ANDREW LUCK is on fire with the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS….have you ever heard him talk? i don’t know what it is, but his voice grates on me…..i have no reason for it, but it just feels like fingernails on a chalkboard when he talks…..
7. ground beef is over $3.00 a pound in many places…do you know what that means for school lunches? absolutely nothing…..people still don’t know what the “mystery” meat is….
8. friday, in a tragic accident in NORTH CAROLINA, a truck hit a car, tipped over and spilled 21 tons of imported beer all over the highway….nobody was killed and nobody was hurt, but yet it was an EXTREME TRAGEDY….
9. a TEXAS pee wee league football team has ruled that a 30o pound 7th grader is too big to play football, and will not be allowed on the field. however, he is eligible to play in the ROSIE O’DONNELL talent show….
10. JOE JONAS says that TAYLOR SWIFT’S new song “we are never ever getting back together” is not about him…however, he can’t deny that her song “THE JONAS BROTHERS SUCK” may be about him….
11. sixty two year old champion swimmer DIANA NYAD began on saturday her latest attempt to swim from CUBA to the U.S…..which reminds me of my biggest athletic achievement….i once walked clear across the living room to change the channel on the tv….
12. JOKE OF THE DAY:
An old man and woman were married for many years, even though they hated each other. Whenever there was a confrontation, yelling could be heard deep into the night. The old man would shout, “When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!” Neighbors feared him. They believed he practiced magic because of the many strange occurrences that took place in their neighborhood.
The old man liked the fact that he was feared. To everyone’s relief, he died of a heart attack when he was 98. His wife had a closed casket at the funeral. After the burial, she went straight to the local bar and began to party as if there was no tomorrow.
Her neighbors, concerned for her safety, asked “Aren’t you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way out of the grave and haunt you for the rest of your life?”
The wife put down her drink and said, “Let him dig. I had him buried upside down. And I know he won’t ask for directions.”
HAVE AN AWESOME MONDAY!!