the other one is “FOOTBALL” by the way…(get your mind out of the gutter..ha ha)
1. we begin with some sad news……singer/songwriter JOE SOUTH died yesterday at the age of 72…he was an incredible songwriter…he wrote “DOWN IN THE BOONDOCKS”, for BILLIE JOE ROYAL, “I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN” for LYNN ANDERSON, plus the classic “GAMES PEOPLE PLAY.” what a great talent….he’s a member of the GEORGIA MUSIC HALL OF FAME…he had solo hits like “DON’T IT MAKE YOU WANNA GO HOME”, “WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES” and many more…
here’s JOE SOUTH recently….
let’s do a mini tribute to JOE SOUTH….
this is my favorite song of his….”DON’T IT MAKE YOU WANNA GO HOME.”
and here’s “WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES.”
2. here come your weekend funnies….
aaah yes…some political humor….
THIS IS ONE PARTY I COULD BELIEVE IN….
i’m pretty sure i would find a new place to eat….
AMEN TO THE NEXT ONE….
3. on saturday, a legendary comedian turns 90…it’s SID CAESAR…he starred in “YOUR SHOW OF SHOWS.” he had a comedy partner by the name of IMOGENE COCA…
the younger generations will remember SID CAESAR as playing “COACH CALHOUN” on the classic “GREASE.”
here’s SID CAESAR recently…HAPPY 90TH SID!!!
4. don’t ask me why, but yesterday i was thinking about the 1978 film “ICE CASTLES.” i used to LOVE that movie….we had it for our christmas movie at LANGFORD HIGH SCHOOL back in 79 or 80….”ICE CASTLES” was one of those movies that i loved, but you couldn’t let your guy friends know you liked it, or you’d get beat up…ha ha…..however, i shed quite a few tears in the LANGFORD school gym that day….
“ICE CASTLES” was about a beautiful young skater who was destined to do great things, but has a tragic accident that leaves her blind…..then her friend and coach encourages her and she becomes a super duper star….
the movie starred a very beautiful LYNN-HOLLY JOHNSON…she is now 53 years old….
and, ROBBY BENSON was also in the movie…he is now 56…and very hairy…..
5. remember the theme song from “ICE CASTLES?” love love love that song…
it’s MELISSA MANCHESTER with “LOOKING THRU THE EYES OF LOVE.” (with video from the movie)
6. wow…my last friday shift “live” on the radio….i love my friday shows….get me and hopefully everybody else pumped for the weekend…going to miss this…..
7. U.S. representative PATRICK KENNEDY says that his family absolutely loves TAYLOR SWIFT…which means one thing…he’s scared to death that she’s going to write a song about him….
8. the “NATIONAL ORGANIZATION TO REFORM MARIJUANA LAWS” is deciding their political future…the smoky group doesn’t know whether to pick PRESIDENT OBAMA or his opponent RICHARD NIXON….
9. singer JESSICA SIMPSON says that she can’t jog anymore because her “boobs are too big.” hmm..i think i had better start a support group for her and others in her horrible situation….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before. “You’ll get your chance in court.” said the Desk Sergeant. “No, no no!” said the man. “I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I’ve been trying to do that for years!”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND….be sure to come back monday and tuesday for the last two blogs….