your daily blog is sponsored by the good folks at PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…
1. YOUR FRIDAY FUNNIES…
how about a little “poddy” humor…
i don’t think i could use this toilet….
or this one….
maybe these people should have thought about this sign a bit earlier…ha ha….
something new on our fords…..hee hee
2. have you ever wondered whatever happened to actor/comedian DON ADAMS? let’s find out…..
DON ADAMS is mostly known for playing “AGENT 86” on “GET SMART”…his character’s name was “MAXWELL SMART.”
DON ADAMS died in 2005 at the age of 82…..here he is in his later years…
3. his tv co-star was BARBARA FELDON…she is still alive and kicking at 79…..
4. do you remember the opening and closing credits to “GET SMART?” check them out…
5. last night i watched out MINNESOTA LYNX women’s basketball team beat the LOS ANGELES SPARKS in playoff action…it was kind of bittersweet for me, because the star of the SPARKS is CANDACE PARKER….i have had a bit of a crush on her since her days on my TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS women’s basketball team…not only is she gorgeous, but she’s a very very nice person….
isn’t she a cutie pie? if the MINNESOTA LYNX happen to lose and are knocked out of the playoffs, then i will cheer for CANDACE…but until then….sorry honey….
6. yesterday singer R.B. GREAVES died at the age of 68 from cancer….don’t know him? i think you do….he had basically one tremendously big hit…”TAKE A LETTER MARIA.”
it was a great song…feel free to sing along!!!
7. i really don’t like to talk about the road construction people, because i would HATE to have their job….but i don’t understand how a highway that normally goes 70, has to go down to 40 when nobody has worked on it all week long!!! seems to me that maybe they could remove the signs when they’re not working….
8. last night when my baby and i were watching tv, we happened to catch a new episode of “TWO AND A HALF MEN”, which has been moved to thursday night….
sorry…but didn’t like it….horrible poddy mouth language…not a very good story line…..ASHTON KUTCHER is okay, but he’s no CHARLIE SHEEN….but we did get to see JON CRYER in his underwear AGAIN….i say AGAIN, because its’ been done before…and trust me, it’s not a pretty picture…..(much like if i was seen in my undies…nobody wants to see that…including my wife….)
9. well, apparently MITT ROMNEY did pretty well against PRESIDENT OBAMA in the debate the other night…here is the order i saw on pretty much all the networks yesterday…
1. MITT ROMNEY
2. PRESIDENT OBAMA
3. THE GHOST OF RONALD REAGAN
4. YOURS TRULY…..(a very distant last, i may add)
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
While going through his wife’s dresser drawers, a farmer discovered three
soybeans and an envelope containing $30 in cash. The farmer confronted his wife,
and when asked about the curious items, she confessed:
“Over the years, I
haven’t been completely faithful to you.”
“When I did fool around, I put
a soybean in the drawer to remind myself of my indiscretion,” she
The farmer admitted that he had not always been faithful
either, and therefore, was inclined to forgive and forget a few moments of
weakness in his wife.
“I’m curious though,” he said, “Where did the
thirty dollars come from?”
“Oh that, ” his wife replied, “Well, when
soybeans hit ten dollars a bushel, I sold out!”
YIKES…HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND…