WOW…all i can say is WOW….
yesterday i asked you all to e-mail me and let me know where you read the blog from. we have quite a list so far, but we still need you…
here is where i heard from yesterday:
CRAWTHORNE, ENGLAND (50 miles from LONDON)
VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA
ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA
my good friend LAURIE in AUSTRALIA!!
and i heard from all over our region, with great towns like BRITTON, EUREKA, BRISTOL, ABERDEEN, COLUMBIA, WARNER and more…
i still want to hear from you….
e-mail me at: email@example.com
GUESS WHAT TODAY IS? IT’S ONE DAY BEFORE FRIDAY!!
your daily blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…truthfully, folks, if PIERSON’S wasn’t helping out with the blog, it would have ended…so, we have them to thank!!
NEW FORDS….PRE-OWNED VEHICLES OF ANY MAKE AND MODEL…FANTASTIC SERVICE….ALL AT PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…
check us out at: piersonford.com
1. here are your thursday funnies…
“ATTENTION WALMART SHOPPERS”
i’m glad i didn’t know this next kid when i was younger…..
the next one is dedicated to you poor MINNESOTA SPORTS FANS…who will be even more depressed after my WASHINGTON REDSKINS take you down this sunday!!!
and finally, the older i get, the less funny i find the next one….
2. yesterday we lost an all around good guy….sports star/actor ALEX KARRAS died at the age of 77….
he played a dozen seasons with the DETROIT LIONS in the NFL…
he played the crazy guy “MONGO” on “BLAZING SADDLES.” he even punched out a horse…
but he is best known for playing the dad on “WEBSTER.” his real life wife SUSAN CLARK also starred on the show…and of course, “WEBSTER” was played by EMMANUEL LEWIS….
here is ALEX KARRAS and his wife SUSAN CLARK in their later years…
3. what about that cute little guy EMMANUAL LEWIS? well, i would guess at age 41 he still doesn’t want to be called “CUTE.” here he is..
4. actress JOAN CUSACK turns 50 today…how about that? you probably remember her mostly for being the sister of actor JOHN CUSACK…
JOAN CUSACK had a lot of funny roles in her career…including playing the girl with the body brace on “SIXTEEN CANDLES.”
she also was on “SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE” for a short time…
here’s JOAN CUSACK today at 50….
5. if you are a fan of the movie “SIXTEEN CANDLES”, then you probably know that JOAN’S brother JOHN CUSACK was also in that movie….
6. i always love going to my churches in HECLA and HOUGHTON…but i really love this time of year…why? THE SMELL OF BURNING LEAVES….that’s right, i LOVE that smell…and where i live in WARNER, we cannot burn in town….so, you may find me sitting outside doing some of my work at my churches if someone is burning leaves nearby….
7. speaking of my churches, I LOVE MY SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS….i had some fun with them recently….we have a joint sunday school between the LUTHERAN and METHODISTS churches in HECLA….well, a lot of times my teachers will shorten up the names of LUTHERAN to “LUTH” and METHODIST to “METH.” you can probably see where this is going…..one of my teachers was talking on facebook about the “meth church” and how we need to go over there and sing..i informed her that in a world where drugs are all over the place, we need to keep kids away from a “METH CHURCH.” i think by now that everybody there understands my weird sense of humor….at least i hope they do..ha ha….
8. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A teacher asks her students if they’re Yankees fans. All of the hands go up except for one student. “Okay, Bobby. What team are you a fan of?” “The Red Sox.” “Why’s that?” “Well, my parents are both Red Sox fans, so I’m a Red Sox fan too.” “That’s not a good answer, Bobby. If your parents were both morons, would you be a moron too?” “No, that would make me a Yankees fan!”
I’M HAPPY TO BRING YOU THAT JOKE…HA HA.
HAVE A GREAT THURSDAY…