HEY HOWDY PARTNERS!!!
apparently EVERYBODY isn’t happy it’s friday today…..
your daily blog is sponsored by the wonderful folks at PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN….great lease specials…..tremendous variety of vehicles on the lot…..extremely knowledgeable sales staff, and a service department that is like NO OTHER…come and see us at PIERSON FORD….check out more at piersonford.com
1. YOUR FRIDAY FUNNIES….
yep…we’ve all had days like this…but thankfully for me, they’re getting less…ha ha
a little halloween humor that cracked me up today….
the next one will be understood by anyone who knows BILLY IDOL music….
here’s a good one….
hee hee hee….
and finally, i think i’ll use this one at work sometime….well, maybe not….
2. i heard the name BILLY GRAHAM in the news the other day, so i thought we’d check up on him……yes, he’s still around….BILLY GRAHAM is now 93 years old….he is one of the greatest evangelists this world has EVER SEEN….BILLY GRAHAM also the spiritual advisor to many many presidents, dating back as far as DWIGHT EISENHOWER or earlier…..he has appeared on GALLUP’S list of most admired men and women…guess what? he has been on the list 55 times…FIFTY FIVE TIMES….incredible…
here’s THE REV. BILLY GRAHAM years ago…
and here’s BILLY GRAHAM today at 93…..
3. a guy they called “MR. COLLEGE FOOTBALL” has died….BEANO COOK was 81 years old when he passed away yesterday….in 1982 “SPORTS ILLUSTRATED MAGAZINE” said that BEANO COOK was “arguably the country’s leading authority on college football.”
see if you remember the great BEANO COOK…here’s an early picture of him, and one from the last few years…
4. A NEW “MUNSTERS” TV SHOW? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
and wait until you see how they “modernized” THE MUNSTERS…to me, as a big fan of the show, it’s disgusting……
here’s the new cast….
ummm….the guy in the red is “GRANDPA MUNSTER.” yeah…GRANDPA….he’s played by a great comedian named EDDIE IZZARD…
i don’t think i’ll be partaking of this new show…..just give me the old reruns…..
and just in case you’re craving the opening credits of “THE MUNSTERS” here they are….
5. the vice presidential debate…..oh, the debate…the wonderful debate…the….well, you get the sarcasm…
i’m not giving anyone my politicial information as to who i am going to vote for, but i’ll just say this….they both seemed a bit pompous last night, BUT ONE OF THEM ACTED LIKE A COMPLETE JACKASS…wow…..if that guy was running for president himself, i’d steer clear of him……
anyway, i’m so doggone happy that the election is almost here….elect somebody and then they can get back to doing what they do best…lying to us….
6. should be a great football game tonight…my undefeated WARNER MONARCHS head to FREDERICK to take on the also undefeated LEOLA FREDERICK TITANS…can’t wait for this……
7. speaking of football…GET READY AMERICA!!!!
this is what the MINNESOTA VIKINGS will be doing most the day….CHASING MY SKINS AS WE HEAD INTO THE END ZONE…
seriously though, should be a great game…..we’re having a party at our house, and the only ones cheering for my REDSKINS are me, my sister KRISTA, and my son MITCHELL…and maybe TYLER….but that’s probably it…all the others are VIKINGS FANS….hopefully we shut them up early…ha ha
8. JOKE OF THE DAY:
There was this guy at a bar, just looking at his drink. He stays like that for half of an hour.
Then, this big trouble-making truck driver steps next to him, takes the drink from the guy, and just drinks it all down. The poor man starts crying. The truck driver says, “Come on man, I was just joking. Here, I’ll buy you another drink. I just can’t stand to see a man cry.”
“No, it’s not that. This day is the worst of my life. First, I fall asleep, and I go late to my office. My boss, outrageous, fires me. When I leave the building, to my car, I found out it was stolen. The police said that they can do nothing. I get a cab to return home, and when I leave it, I remember I left my wallet and credit cards there. The cab driver just drives away.”
“I go home, and when I get there, I find my wife in bed with the gardener. I leave home, and come to this bar. And just when I was thinking about putting an end to my life, you show up and drink my poison.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC WEEKEND MY FRIENDS…