SORRY..IT’S BEEN A CRAZY COUPLE OF DAYS…MISSED DOING THE BLOG…..I’LL MAKE UP FOR IT TODAY…
by the way…my name is JAY DEAN….here’s what i would look like on a bust…(insert joke here)
your blog is sponsored by the wonderful folks at PIERSON FORD in the AUTO PLAZA IN ABERDEEN….great selection of new and pre-owned vehicles…check us out on the web at piersonford.com
and don’t forget our FREE HUNTER’S BREAKFAST this saturday morning until 10:30am…hunters, fill up on a delicious breakfast for free before the big hunt….
1. here’s the question for today…
2. YOUR THURSDAY FUNNIES…
hmmm..i always wondered about this….
okay…i admit i have done the following…and i’ll bet you have too….you just won’t admit it…ha ha…
so THAT’S why those cars look like that…
3. happy birthday wishes are going out to a music legend today…CHUCK BERRY is 86…and still out there performing…..remember him? he had hits like “JOHNNY B. GOODE”, “MY DING A LING”, and many many more…
and here’s CHUCK BERRY this year at another honors celebration…..one of the pictures is with PAUL SIMON….
4. and here’s some CHUCK BERRY music to enjoy…
here’s “JOHNNY B. GOODE.”
and how about the classic “MAYBELLENE.”
5. and the very beautiful PAM DAWBER turns 61 today….she, of course, is best known for playing “MINDY” on “MORK AND MINDY”….she played opposite the zany ROBIN WILLIAMS….
here’s PAM DAWBER today, including one with her hubby, actor MARK HARMON…
6. sad news to report….former U.S. SENATOR from SOUTH DAKOTA, and VICE PRESIDENTIAL candidate GEORGE MCGOVERN is in hospice, and as of this morning was unresponsive…..he apparently went downhill quickly, as some people just saw him two weeks ago at a function…..MCGOVERN is 90 years old, and a tribute will follow in the coming days….
7. KIM KARDASHIAN is showing off her halloween costume…..UGH….let’s see, how did this person get famous again? oh yeah, from idiots like me talking about her……
8. in another sign of the upcoming apocolypse, LARRY THE CABLE GUY has released his own line of “TATER CHIPS.” yep..it’s true….saw them yesterday in SIOUX FALLS…..
and to make matters worse? the sign by the chips yesterday said, “OPEN A BAG AND GET-ER-DONE.” heaven help us….
9. you know those situations you get in where they can be life altering? JEANNIE AND I almost had one yesterday….we were sitting at a stop light in SIOUX FALLS, ready to turn right to get on 41st street…busy busy streets, as you know…..well, this gentleman had the walk sign to cross 41st and started to do so, when a young girl came zipping around the corner to the left, and almost ran over the top of this guy…in fact, the guy had his hand on the front of the car!!!!! the girl never slowed down…it could have been a horrible horrible accident that this guy probably wouldn’t have survived…thank GOD everything worked out okay….he even stood by the corner flipping the lady off as she drove away…
10. we were at TARGET in SIOUX FALLS yesterday and i noticed something….couldn’t beleive it….and THESE WERE THE EMPLOYEES….the girls my sons age all had low cut shirts with their chestal area coming out the top of their shirts…the ladies my age had shirts that covered up everything…..my question is this? why don’t all the girls have shirts to cover anything…i mean, yes, i’m a guy…a typical guy…but this young girl who was helping us, leaned over to put something in our bag, and literally they almost fell out of her shirt…left nothing to the imagination…….
11. HOW ABOUT THAT WIND TODAY….don’t know if it’s windy where you are, but where i’m at it’s HORRIBLE…we’re expecting winds up to 65 miles per hours today!!! most of the stuff we have in our yard is stuck in the bushes already..ha ha…
which leads me to some fun…..
IT’S SO WINDY THAT…….
***this morning i had whitecaps in the toilet…
…the dog finally caught his tail.
…birds flew backwards.
…SUVs actually got good gas mileage.
…my little sister got pulled off to Oz.
…I rode the umbrella into town.
…the National Weather Service asked PRESIDENT OBAMA AND MITT ROMNEY to shut up.
…we had dinner on the wall.
…it was raining garbage.
…I walked outside and was undressed.
…the garden was watered with the pool.
…the chickens were plucked before they were slaughtered
NOW THAT’S WINDY!!!
12. my wife and i listened to SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO the whole way to SIOUX FALLS and back….one our favorite channels is “PRIME COUNTRY”…it features songs from the 80’s and 90’s in country music…THE GOOD YEARS IN NEW COUNTRY….we heard a few songs we haven’t heard in YEARS…here are a couple of those songs…
THE TRACTORS with “BABY LIKES TO ROCK IT.”
how about “MY LOVE” by LITTLE TEXAS…
and one more…..here’s “THE BLUEST EYES IN TEXAS” from RESTLESS HEART…used to absolutely go crazy over this song…
13. JOKE OF THE DAY:
The teacher gave an assignment to her fifth grade class :
Get their parents
to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it.
The next day, the
kids came back and, one by one, began to tell their stories.
all the regular types of stuff: spilled milk and pennies saved.
the teacher realized that only Janie was left.
“Janie, do you have a story to
”Yes ma’am. My daddy told me a story about my Mommy. She was a
Marine pilot in Desert Storm, and her plane got hit. She had to bail out over
enemy territory, and all she had was a flask of whiskey, a pistol, and a
survival knife. She drank the whiskey on the way down so the bottle wouldn’t
break, and then her parachute landed her right in the middle of 20 Iraqi
She shot 15 of them with the pistol, until she ran out of
bullets, killed four more with the knife, till the blade broke, and then she
killed the last Iraqi with her bare hands.
”Good Heavens,’ said the
horrified teacher. ‘What did your Daddy tell you was the moral to this horrible
“Stay away from Mommy when she’s drunk.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC THURSDAY…