AS IF HALLOWEEN WASN’T SCARY ENOUGH…
your daily blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….hey, it’s the last three days of the month!! the perfect time to head into PIERSON FORD and find the vehicle of your dreams….many of the incentives could end at the end of the month, so stop by today…..
1. YOUR MONDAY FUNNIES….
this one gave me the giggles this morning….
every day feels the way the next one feels…..
i always wondered about the next one…ha ha…
and last but certainly not least……
2. today we’re going to salute the cast of “FAMILY TIES.” remember their theme song?
here’s the update on the cast:
MICHAEL J. FOX played the son “ALEX P. KEATON”. he is now 51…..
MEREDITH BAXTER played the mom “ELYSE”. she is not 65…..
her tv husband MICHAEL GROSS played STEVEN KEATON…believe it or not, not only were they tv husband and wife, but they share the SAME BIRTHDAY and are THE SAME AGE….65…..how ironic is that?
JUSTINE BATEMAN played the oldest daughter “MALLORY.” she is now 46….
TINA YOTHERS played the daughter “JENNIFER.” she is 30 and shares the same birthday as yours truly…may 5th…..
BRIAN BONSALL played the youngest child “ANDY.”
here is a recent picture of THE KEATON FAMILY from “FAMILY TIES.”
also featured is actress TRACY POLLAN who played ALEX’S girlfriend “ELLEN REED.” and she married MICHAEL J. FOX and they are still married today.
the only one missing is BRIAN BONSALL. here’s a picture of him on the show and a recent picture, too.
3. yesterday was one of my favorite sundays of the church year….”REFORMATION SUNDAY”…it’s the day we lutherans celebrate MARTIN LUTHER. he was a catholic priest who was unhappy with some of the policies of the church, so he nailed a sheet of 95 theses to a church door and caused a revolution, but also started the lutheran religion……
the next thing about MARTIN LUTHER was that he didn’t want all the attention that he received. he didn’t want a revolution to start. he only wanted dialogue with the church. but, the rest is history. i love the story of MARTIN LUTHER and each “REFORMATION SUNDAY” i seem to learn a little more about this amazing man.
4. ARE YOU KIDDING? ELEVEN DROPPED PASSES?
my WASHINGTON REDSKINS lost to the PITTSBURGH STEELERS yesterday in NFL action….they lost fair and square and looked HORRIBLE…i think my WARNER MONARCHS could have beaten them yesterday….the main reason? ELEVEN DROPPED PASSES BY OUR WIDE RECEIVERS…..three or four of them were wide open touchdown runs…….what makes me sad is that it reflects on our star rookie quarterback ROBERT GRIFFIN III, or “RG3.” but it wasn’t his fault. his passes were on the money……..i was actually embarrassed yesterday for the SKINS players….hopefully they regroup this week.
5. other NFL notes…
***of course, i would have CLEVELAND BROWN’S running back TRENT RICHARDSON on my fantasy football bench yesterday when he errupts for 19 fantasy points…he has been hurt and was questionable, so i rested him……CRAP….the BROWNS beat a very bad playing SAN DIEGO team yesterday…..
***i don’t feel bad at all about the DALLAS COWBOYS losing yesterday…don’t like the team…can’t like the team when i’m a REDSKINS fan…plus, i think that JERRY JONES is the most arrogant owner in football…anyway, they literally lost the game on INCHES……..DEZ BRYANT caught one in the end zone, but his knuckles were over the white line…that’s how close it was…….but you can’t win with six turnovers……FOUR INTERCEPTIONS BY TONY ROMO…..
THIS JUST IN….TONY ROMO ATTEMPTED TO THROW AWAY A COKE CAN BUT WAS INTERCEPTED AGAIN…..
***PEYTON MANNING seems to be in all star shape again…man, he looks good…..
***MICHAEL VICK may be benched this week. he has looked horrible this year…..which is okay with me being they are in our division……
***the lowly CAROLINA PANTHERS just about pulled off a huge upset in CHICAGO yesterday…the BEARS needed a last second field goal to beat them.
6. we didn’t get to our movie date night and haunted forest saturday night…..i had “flu like” symptoms saturday night, but felt much better sunday…by the way, the movie “PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4” has been getting killed by critics and fans….they are saying it’s horrible…..i actually didn’t even understand the movie trailer i watched the other day………but, i still have to see it……love to get scared in the theaters………
7. HURRICANE SANDY is bearing down on the east coast…our thoughts and prayers are with everyone out east. this looks like a monster storm. it even has the name of “FRANKENSTORM”, or “THE PERFECT STORM.” hopefully it fizzles, but it doesn’t appear that it will……..
8. JOKE OF THE DAY:
EXPECTANT FATHERS PAY ATTENTION!!! ha ha
Things Not To Say During Childbirth….
— Gosh, you’re lucky. I sure wish men could experience the miracle of childbirth.
— Do you think the baby will come before Monday Night Football starts?
— I hope your ready. The Glamour Shot photographer will be here in fifteen minutes.
— If you think this hurts, I should tell you about the time I twisted my ankle playing basketball.
— That was the kids on the phone. Did you have anything planned for dinner?
— You don’t need an epidural. Just relax and enjoy the moment.
— This whole experience kind of reminds me of an episode from I Love Lucy.
— Oops! Which cord was I supposed to cut?
— Stop your swearing and just breathe.
— Remember what we learned in Lamaze class! HEE HEE HOO HOO. You’re not using the right words.
— Your stomach still looks like there’s another one in there.
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY EVERYBODY…