IT’S FRIDAY…FEELS LIKE MONDAY, BUT IT’S FRIDAY…..
your daily blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….hey, stop by today if you’re in the area. would love to see you. while you’re here, take advantage of BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNTS….the discounts on new vehicles are already figured in the price…plus the 2013 FORD FUSION is in…and man oh man, is it sharp!!!
1. HERE COME YOUR FRIDAY FUNNIES…
good old MAXINE….this is hilarious…
BRING ON THE HEART ATTACK!!!
hmmm..i never thought about this at the theater…could have used it wednesday night at “LINCOLN.”
i hope somebody brought toilet paper with them…..
2. well, yesterday we had a TREMENDOUS day for THANKSGIVING at my brother and sister in law’s house in MILLER, SOUTH DAKOTA….my sister in law, KELLEY, made an incredible meal for our dinner….we had a little bit of everything, and it was scrumptious….
KELLEY is a huge DALLAS COWBOYS fan, so we suprised her when we showed up….the entire game from the ABERDEEN area showed up in WASHINGTON REDSKINS gear….(most of it mine..ha ha)
and she was the ONLY fan there with the most hated team in football’s apparel on…
KELLEY AND I decided to take pictures before the game, at halftime, and after the game, reflecting on what’s happening at that point….
things started out good before the game….
then came halftime with my beloved REDSKINS up by 25…….
the COWBOYS woke up in the second half, but my favorite team held on for a ten point victory…….
i hope her lips didn’t burn from kissing my jersey…ha ha….
3. as i mentioned, it was a great game to watch….IF YOU WERE A REDSKINS FAN…..
even people that weren’t SKINS fans yesterday commented on how fun it is to watch RG3…..
AND ANOTHER REDSKINS TOUCHDOWN…HA HA
as i mentioned, it was a fun game to watch…my SKINS seem to be for real…and now how important were our four or five single digit losses early in the season…we could be number one in our division right now…..
4. so, JEANNIE and the boys and I got home from MILLER last night around 8:30 and decided to take in our very first early shopping fiasco of our lives…..OUR FIRST AND OUR LAST…..definetly not fun….stores were packed…and unless you were looking for “specific deals”, you didn’t find much…..we went to two stores and were on our way home by 10pm…..we all agreed that this trip was a ONE TIME THING….
5. the movie “LINCOLN” was absolutely incredible…….i can totally see ACADEMY AWARD wins for DANIEL DAY LEWIS for best actor, SALLY FIELD for best actress and the movie for best picture…..superb acting…fantastic story……and it’s fun to see a movie without a ton of special effects…..great great movie…..
***the only crappy part of the night was the two gentlemen in our row who continued to talk OUT LOUD to each other during the movie…they were older and obviously hard of hearing, but still, it’s so annoying…..
***i don’t get a lot of opportunities anymore to spend a lot of quality time with my son MITCHELL…we had a blast that night……two big buckets of popcorn, large pops, some candy, and a great movie…perfect evening with my boy…i just wish TYLER could have been there, too…….
6. JOKE OF THE DAY:
On their 40th wedding anniversary and during the banquet celebrating it, Tom was asked to give his friends a brief account of the benefits of a marriage of such long duration.
“Tell us Tom, just what is it you have learned from all those wonderful years with your wife?”
Tom responds, “Well, I’ve learned that marriage is the best teacher of all. It teaches you loyalty, forbearance, meekness, self-restraint, forgiveness –and a great many other qualities you wouldn’t have needed if you’d stayed single.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND…