UGH..IT’S MONDAY…..this next one definetly rings true today…ha ha…
the daily blog is brought to you by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…and truthfully, without them, it wouldn’t be going anymore…..so, during thanksgiving time, i’m thankful for them, because i love doing this blog…..the “BLACK FRIDAY” discounts are good thru the end of the month at PIERSON FORD….we have new vehicles galore…the 2013’s keep rolling in, and the 2013 FORD FUSION just came in…what a super sharp car……see all the vehicles at http://piersonford.com/
1. HERE COME YOUR MONDAY FUNNIES….
thank goodness the budget cuts are going everywhere…ha ha…
umm..this next one isn’t just for the ladies…i’ve done this too…many times….
i WISH that they would have had these pj’s for my boys when they were small….HILARIOUS….
and speaking of kids….
what a creative idea this next one is!!!
and finally, a HILARIOUS one…..never thought of this one…
2. this weekend we lost an icon in the entertainment field…..LARRY HAGMAN died at the age of 81 due to cancer…….LARRY HAGMAN has been around for many decades and has entertained millions with his wit, charm, humor, and ability to play a bad guy…even though he was one of the nicest men you could ever meet, according to reports i have read….
i don’t know if you remember this or not, but LARRY HAGMAN was the son of actress MARY MARTIN, who played PETER PAN…..MARY MARTIN died in 1990 at the age of 76….
LARRY HAGMAN got his career break playing MAJOR TONY NELSON in the 60’s hit sitcom “I DREAM OF JEANNIE.” he starred opposite BARBARA EDEN……
however, it was playing the bad guy oil baron, J.R. EWING on the hit tv show “DALLAS” that made LARRY HAGMAN a worldwide star….maybe even “legend.” J.R. EWING was the perfect villian…..you LOVED to HATE this guy……
and, LARRY HAGMAN was part of one of the most seen episodes of a television show in the history of television….the “DALLAS” episode about “WHO SHOT J.R.?” was, at that time, the most viewed episode of television EVER…since then, it has fallen into second place because of the finale of “M*A*S*H”…..
do you remember who it was that shot him? it was the character KRISTIN SHEPHARD, played by MARY CROSBY…..
LARRY HAGMAN is one of those “lucky” celebrities….his name and character from “DALLAS” will be around for decades and decades to come……here’s a couple of later year pictures of LARRY HAGMAN…..rest in peace……
3. I just mentioned a couple of LARRY HAGMAN’S co-stars…let’s find out what they look like today…..
BARBARA EDEN played the super gorgeous “JEANNIE” on “I LOVE JEANNIE.” she is now 78 years old…here she is doing the famous “JEANNIE” move….
MARY CROSBY is now 53 years old…here’s what she looks like today…..
4. there is a horror movie that our son MITCHELL has been umm…”dying” to show us…no pun intended….well, actually it WAS intended….the movie is called “VHS”, and is about a series of horror stories…..MITCHELL said it was one of the absolute best horror movies he has ever seen……we watched it saturday night…it was creepy…it was scary at time…it was gross…..but i wouldn’t categorize it as one of my all time favorite horror movies…of course, i’ve seen many many more than MITCHELL has…..anyway, to each it’s own…….MITCHELL said that we didn’t fully enjoy it, because his mom wouldn’t let us shut the christmas tree lights off and be completely dark…ha ha…..
here’s a picture of the poster of the movie, and the person, i thought, was the scariest of the group…..
5. fantasy football is driving me crazy…..i am in first place, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER….this current weekend i am playing my brother TREVOR…i was blowing him away until the late games yesterday….his players did well, and ELI MANNING went crazy last night…which i’m sure was a bittersweet thing for TREVOR being ELI got those incredible points beating TREVOR’S favorite team, THE GREEN BAY PACKERS….first of all, i NEEDED the PACKERS to win, so that the GIANTS were only one game ahead of my REDSKINS….OH WELL…
anyway, i was far ahead….my brother caught up….and now it comes down to tonight’s game…..he has JONATHAN STEWART from the CAROLINA PANTHERS…he needs his guy to get 16 points to beat me…..my forecast? i think i’m done….ha ha….he should be way able to get those points…..TREVOR stays with us a couple nights a week, and tonight’s one of them…i guarantee we will be watching that one….
6. i saw over the weekend that PRINCE CHARLES says he is running out of time to be king…in a related story, his mother, THE QUEEN, is now sleeping with one eye open…..
7. this is crazy…do you know what americans spend on “black friday?” over ELEVEN BILLION DOLLARS….wow…most of that was in medical bills due to getting trampled…….
8. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A young bride and groom-to-be had just selected the wedding ring. As the girl admired the plain platinum and diamond band, she suddenly looked concerned. “Tell me,” she asked the elderly salesman “is there anything special I’ll have to do to take care of this ring?” With a fatherly smile, the salesman said, “One of the best ways to protect a wedding ring is to dip it in dishwater three times a day.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC MONDAY….