HAVE YOU MISSED THE BLOG THIS WEEK? wow…what a crazy week….in addition to being busy at work and handling my church work, i had the flu for a couple of days…only missed a few hours of work at PIERSON FORD, but probably should have stayed home for a couple of day…but when you’re in sales, you kind of need to be there, right? anyway, i’m doing a RARE saturday blog to catch you up on stuff…..
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…looking for a pre-owned vehicle? seriously, we have taken in SO MANY pre owned vehicles in the past few weeks, because we have sold SO MANY new pickups and cars…especially pickups…wow..it’s been crazy…..so, we have specially priced our pre owned lot and deals are a plenty……for more information see our website at:http://piersonford.com/
1. HOW ABOUT SOME WEEKEND FUNNIES?
aah…so, THAT’S where babies come from….
more “baby” fun….
and a little christmas fun for you…….
this one cracks me up…..
2. a legendary comedian turns 79 today….and i truly believe, he’s one of the funniest that ever was….it’s TIM CONWAY…yep…TIM CONWAY is 79….doesn’t seem right, does it?
TIM CONWAY got his big break on “MCHALES NAVY”….here he is with ERNEST BORGNINE….
he also is known for the “short” character DORF…
most people know TIM from the “CAROL BURNETT SHOW”…..he had some of the most hilarious skits i have ever seen….the “OLD MAN”….the “DENTIST” and other……
here’s the gang a few years back….
i am so happy and thrilled to report that i saw TIM CONWAY and HARVEY KORMAN together in concert just a couple of years before HARVEY died…..they were at the FARGODOME, and did all the famous skits that we loved…it was one hilarious night of comedy…..
HARVEY KORMAN died back in 2008 at the age of 81….
TIM CONWAY is 79…and here he is today…the first picture is with comedian/writer LARRY DAVID….
3. here’s TIM CONWAY destroying the cast of “THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW.”
4. remember DAVE CLARK from the “DAVE CLARK FIVE?” they were supposed to be the next “BEATLES”, but that didn’t quite pan out….don’t get me wrong, they had an incredible career with great songs like “BITS AND PIECES”, “DO YOU LOVE ME”, “GLAD ALL OVER” and many more….
DAVE CLARK, the leader of the band is 70 today…let’s feature him and the band….
here’s DAVE CLARK today at 70……
5. and now some incredible “DAVE CLARK FIVE” music….
here’s my favorite “DO YOU LOVE ME?”
another oldie but goodie….”GLAD ALL OVER”….
and “BITS AND PIECES.”
6. there’s not much i can say that hasn’t already been said about the horrible elementary school shooting this past friday in our country…….things have gotten so pathetic in this world…how can anyone pull a gun on a bunch of kids? my heart breaks for those poor parents who had to sit in a staging area waiting for their children to be identified….how horrific is that? so, now we can’t send our kids to movies? we can’t even send them to school? of course we can, and we will continue to do so…..
a couple of personal observations…..
***there has always been evil in this world…it just seems to be getting worse……..what scares me is all the press that these horrible events get…..i worry about “copycats” who want their name in the news….we can just pray that it doesn’t happen again…..
***everyone is worred about gun control….i think about it too…don’t know if it’s right or wrong…but we’re missing the main thing…MENTAL ILLNESS…there’s a lot of it out there, and from what i hear, one of the main problems is that institutions can’t keep people in against their will…i think laws need to change concerning that, IF THAT’S THE CASE…..we just can’t take chances like this anymore……
***i don’t know why these people think they have to take people with them…i don’t beleive in suicide, although, in some shape or form it affects about every one of us…..my comment is this…if this is your plan, take yourself out…..why innocent people with you?
***i cannot imagine how christmas is going to be for these poor parents….all we can do is pray for comfort and support from our GOD…prayer has gotten us thru many horrific events in our lives, and it will do so again…….
7. speaking of christmas, i cannot believe it’s just over a week out….wow…where did time go? i guess it’s time to get my shopping done, right? ha ha…..i’m a last minute shopper, but that’s when i shine…..i don’t like fighting the crowds, and they’ve usually dwindled by the 23rd or so…..
8. i drove to work today on roads that were glare ice…..we received some freezing rain overnight, and man oh man, did the roads take a beating…..my new car, a FORD FIESTA, really took to the roads….i was very very happy the way it handled on snow and ice…..yes, it’s a small car…but hey, it handles well in the elements, and gets 35-44 miles per gallon…I’LL TAKE IT….
9. the movie “THE HOBBIT” is out….critics are having a field day with it….reviews have been horrible so far….everything from it being around three hours long, to the first hour being horribly slow and boring……i didn’t have plans on seeing it, but my son MITCHELL comes home from college on monday, and he’s wishing that i would go with him……hey, i could use a bucket or two of popcorn, so i may just do that…..i’ll do anything to be with my boys…..
10. the one thing we decided we are definetly doing on his break is FINALLY watching the recent movie “THE ARTIST.” they were brave enough to make a silent movie in this day and age….and it won tons of awards….we’ve wanted to see it and have agreed that now is the time…i’ll have a review in the next couple of weeks…….
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two blonde carpenters were working on a house. The one who was nailing down siding would reach into his nail pouch, pull out a nail and either toss it over his shoulder or nail it in.
The other, figuring this was worth looking into, asked, “Why are you throwing those nails away?”
The first explained, “If I pull a nail out of my pouch and it’s pointed toward me, I throw it away ’cause it’s defective. If it’s pointed toward the house, then I nail it in!”
The second blonde got completely upset and yelled, “You moron! The nails pointed toward you aren’t defective! They’re for the other side of the house!”
HAVE A SAFE AND AWESOME WEEKEND….