****UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO SITUATIONS BEYOND MY CONTROL, THIS WILL BE MY FINAL BLOG……YEP…APPARENTLY THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END TOMORROW…..IN THE EVENT THAT IT DOESN’T, THEN THIS BLOG WILL CONTINUE…..(which means, it WILL continue…hee hee)
your daily blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN….we are closing out 2012 with spectacular deals on pre-owned and on new vehicles…if you have never driven a FORD pickup, you need to stop by…they are incredible……..
check out all of the vehicles at piersonford.com, or stop by and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281, ABERDEEN……MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM PIERSON FORD!!!
1. HERE ARE YOUR FAVORITE FUNNIES!!!! (christmas themed)
wow…even snowmen have bad situations…..
this next one is HILARIOUS….
and, a little SANTA humor…..
2. we have a milestone birthday today….actor JOHN HILLERMAN is 80 today….remember the name? he played “HIGGINS”, on the hit tv show……
here’s one with the star of the show, TOM SELLECK….
and here is JOHN HILLERMAN today at 80……
3. coming up on friday, (providing the world hasn’t ended…), PHIL DONAHUE will turn 77 years old….i’m sure you remember him from his wildly popular talk show……
here’s PHIL DONAHUE today, including one with his beautiful bride, MARLO THOMAS, who is now 75 years old…….
4. here come three of my favorite CHRISTMAS songs…i hope you take time to listen to them……
first of all, this one makes me cry…..it’s ALAN JACKSON with “LET IT BE CHRISTMAS.”
this next one brings chills to me…i think it’s one of the best written christmas songs of recent years…….GEORGE STRAIT had the best version of it, but i couldn’t find it…this is ALAN JACKSON and KEITH WHITLEY with “THERE’S A NEW KID IN TOWN.”
and how about a little fun…this video is GREAT….it’s an group by the name of “STRAIGHT NO CHASER”, and it’s a cool version of “THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS”.
5. my son is home from college…my son, who lives 10 miles from us is coming home to stay tomorrow thru christmas……i don’t need any gifts…..having all four of us together for a few days is a gift enough….it’s funny, the older you get, material things matter less and less………i don’t want to squelch my kid’s fun and their future, but i would give ANYTHING to do all of the years over again from them being born on…..some of my friends think i’m nuts for feeling that way, but i would…they were absolutely the best years of my life…..
6. C’MON HOLLYWOOD…..
it’s “sequel hell” starting in january……apparently HOLLYWOOD can’t come up with any original ideas anymore, because they’re redoing some classics…and i don’t like it at all….i was totally upset that they redid “WILLY WONKA” with JOHNNY DEPP a few years ago…i have never watched the whole thing, because i won’t, but what i saw was horrible…….i had vowed not to watch the upcoming “WIZARD OF OZ” movie, but it’s not a remake……it’s the story of how the wizard got there…so, i might see that….but here are some other HOLLYWOOD movies that should not be touched, but apparently they’ll be more than touched….they’ll be manhandled……
“THE AFRICAN QUEEN”….(are you kidding me?)
“THE BIRDS”…(they will ruin an ALFRED HITCHCOCK classic….)
“A STAR IS BORN”
“MY FAIR LADY” (seriously?)
and finally, ROBERT DOWNEY, JR., playing CHARLES BRONSON’S character in “DEATH WISH.” c’mon…only CHARLES BRONSON can do that role…….
7. there’s a new trend in our country….parents are teaching kids that there definetly IS a santa clause, and there definetly ISN’T a JUSTIN BIEBER…..
8. “JERSEY SHORE” is coming to an end…..dang it…i hope the mayans are wrong…i want to be here to celebrate this…….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A fireman is at the station house working outside on the fire truck when he notices a little girl next door. The little girl is in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the side.
She is wearing a fireman’s hat and has the wagon tied to a dog. The fireman says “Hey little girl. What are you doing?” The little girl says “I’m pretending to be a fireman and this is my fire truck!…”
The fireman walks over to take a closer look. “Little girl that sure is a nice fire truck!” the fireman says. “Thanks mister”, says the little girl. The fireman looks a little closer and notices the little girl has tied the dog to the wagon by it’s testicles.
“Little girl”, says the fireman, “I don’t want to tell you how to run your fire truck, but if you were to tie that rope around the dog’s neck I think you could go faster.”
The little girl says, “You’re probably right mister, but then I wouldn’t have a siren!”
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS….