HARD TO BELIEVE THAT CHRISTMAS IS OVER ALREADY…….
your blog is sponsored by your friends at PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…our end of year specials are absolutely crazy…..you can save THOUSANDS off of new ford trucks….you can save a bundle on pre-owned cars…..kids home from college? need a different vehicle? stop by today…our selection is incredible….PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….call us at 1-800-627-1237, or just click on the link and check us out…..
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES….
i used to love playing this game…it broken many tiebreakers…ha ha….
MEN…YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED…..
this next one is SO WRONG…SO VERY WRONG…BUT SO VERY FUNNY…..
i LOVE this next one…..
2. my mother in law was born on CHRISTMAS DAY….she is gone now, but she used to say that she always got “ripped off” having a birthday on CHRISTMAS….we always got a kick out of it…..but she’s not the only CHRISTMAS baby…..JIMMY BUFFETT was born on that day…..he turned 66 yesterday…so, let’s salute him…..
here are a couple of early pictures of JIMMY BUFFETT….
JIMMY brought us classics like “MARGARITAVILLE”, “CHANGES IN LATITUDE, CHANGES IN ATTITUDE,” and many more…you’ll hear some music shortly…..
but first of all, here’s JIMMY BUFFETT at 66…and he still loves being on the water…..
3. alright, here comes some JIMMY BUFFETT music for you….
of course, we have to do “MARAGARITAVILLE.”
here’s “CHANGES IN LATITUDE, CHANGES IN ATTITUDE.”
and finally, here’s the classic “COME MONDAY.”
4. well, they say that deaths go in “three’s.” we had two in one day of the classic actors….heaven gained two good guys on CHRISTMAS EVE….
first of all, JACK KLUGMAN died at the age of 90………he starred with TONY RANDALL in “THE ODD COUPLE”, and also had his own show, which i loved, called “QUINCY”…..
here’s JACK KLUGMAN from the past couple of years…..
also on CHRISTMAS EVE, we lost a veteran character actor CHARLES DURNING…he was 89…..he starred in hundreds of productions including “DOG DAY AFTERNOON,” “TOOTSIE”, and “THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS.”
here’s the great CHARLES DURNING recently…….
5. SUNDAY CANNOT COME FAST ENOUGH….man oh man, there are going to be a couple of awesome football games on sunday……both of these games were moved from thier noon start times because of the importance of these games….
first of all, shortly after 3:00 on sunday, the MINNESOTA VIKINGS will host their rivals, the GREEN BAY PACKERS….if the VIKINGS win, they’re in the playoffs…..and the big question is, will ADRIAN PETERSON set the nfl rushing record? he needs over 200 yards to do it, but if anyone can, he can…..
and then sunday night i won’t be able to breathe…my beloved WASHINGTON REDSKINS host their arch rivals the DALLAS COWBOYS sunday night shortly after 7:00……winner takes the division and gets a home game next week in the playoffs……ugh….can’t wait…..
6. MOVIE NEWS:
last night we saw the best movie i have seen since “GRAN TORINO.” yep…we went to see “DJANGO UNCHAINED” starring JAMIE FOXX….it was absolutely INCREDIBLE….great western story, awesome acting, great effects, and an all star cast made this movie my favorite of the year…..
it’s possible that JAMIE FOXX may end up with a best actor nod at the OSCARS, but i’ll be horribly disappointed if CRISTOPH WALTZ doesn’t get a nod for best supporting actor….he SHOULD win that category with his role in this movie……you probably remember him from his incredible role in “INGLORIOUS BASTARDS.”
HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED….fairly bloody, but a great great movie…..
7. a new poll says that two percent of americans are “addicted to christmas”….the other 98 percent cry out loud when they get their credit card bills…..
8. JOKE OF THE DAY: (an oldie but a goodie)
There was a woman who was pregnant with twins, and shortly before they were due, she had an accident and went into a coma. Her husband was away on business, and unable to be reached. While in the coma, she gave birth to her twins, and the only person around to name her children was her brother.
When the mother came out of her coma to find she had given birth and that her brother had named the twins, she became very worried, because he wasn’t a very bright guy. She was sure he had named them something absurd or stupid.
When she saw her brother she asked him about the twins.
He said, “The first one was a girl.”
The mother: “What did you name her?!?”
The Mom: “Oh, wow, that’s not bad! What about the second one?”
Brother: “The second one was a boy.”
The Mom: “Oh, and what did you name him?”
HAVE A GREAT HUMP DAY…