WELL..IT FINALLY HAPPENED…
in case you’re not from my area, we are seriously in the deep freeze today….schools are closed….not much traffic around…..why?
oh, it’s only because the temps are in the TEENS BELOW ZERO and the wind chills are hovering around 40 BELOW…..yep..it’s one cold miserable day…the sun is shining though, which is quite deceiving….the only thing keeping me warm is the following thought……
the blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….we have SERIOUSLY ran out of spots to put our pre owned trucks in…that’s right, we have NEVER EVER seen an assortment of pre owned trucks like this before…and it doesn’t matter what brand you’re looking for, we have them…..and, of course, if you’re looking for a BRAND NEW FORD TRUCK, we have them here as well…..and you know they’re a great truck because the FORD’S are the number one selling truck for 36 years straight!!! THAT IS IMPRESSIVE…….
why not come and see is in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…or visit us on the web at: http://piersonford.com/
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES FOR TODAY……
*****PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON’T LET MY WIFE FIND OUT ABOUT THIS INVENTION…..
geez..you try to say something nice……
how many people believe this one?
and finally, i think i’ve actually done the next stupid act……
2. actor STUART MARGOLIN turns 73 today……you probably don’t remember the name, but you’ll remember him….
he played CAPTAIN PHILLIP SHERMAN in the 1972 season of “M*A*S*H”…
but, STUART MARGOLIN is best known for being JAMES ROCKFORD’S best pal, ANGEL MARTIN in the classic show “THE ROCKFORD FILES.” in fact, STUART won the PRIMETIME EMMY’S OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR twice for his role on that show…he won it in 1979 and 1980….and he’s only one of four guys to do that….pretty cool……..
here’s STUART MARGOLIN today at 73……..he’s on the right, of course….
i know we’ve featured his co-star JAMES GARNER before, but i’ll just let you know that he’s still alive and kickin’ at 84…….here he is recently….
3. there’s another guy celebrating a birthday today that you know, but you might not know his real name…..his real name is HARRY WAYNE CASEY….know who he is? he’s the lead singer of this band….
get it? last name CASEY? K.C.? yep…..he turns 62 today….he was quite a favorite of the girls back then…..
here’s HARRY WAYNE CASEY today at 62….and by the way, K.C. AND THE SUNSHINE BAND are still performing “live”…wouldn’t they be awesome at the BROWN COUNTY FAIR? or the SOUTH DAKOTA STATE FAIR? (HINT HINT HINT)
4. let’s get the blood pumpin’ with a little music from K.C. AND THE SUNSHINE BAND…
here’s one of my faves….”BOOGIE SHOES.”
they even had a huge ballad called “PLEASE DON’T GO.” awesome awesome song…..
and finally, their signature song, “THAT’S THE WAY I LIKE IT.” uh-huh, uh-huh….
5. i have some hilarious friends in my life, and one of them is the very beautiful MEGAN who lives in NORTH DAKOTA….she is a childhood friend of my boys…we used to call her “BACON.” actually, we still do…don’t know if she still likes it or not….ha ha…..anyway, MEGAN about made me spit out my diet pepsi the other night when i read her FACEBOOK post….this is funny……..
“i find it ironic that the colors red, white and blue represent freedom…..until they are flashing behind you.”
6. WOW…WHAT A GAME LAST NIGHT……the MINNESOTA WILD knocked the CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS out of the unbeaten ranks, as the WILD won in a shootout to end the game……for those of you who don’t know hockey, a shootout is the last resort after overtime….it’s when it’s one on one……one player trying to score against the other team’s goalie….PRETTY CRAZY…PRETTY EXCITING….
one of the heroes last night was number seven…MATT CULLEN…..he is a native of MOORHEAD, MINNESOTA, played hockey with the MOORHEAD SPUDS, and went to college at ST. CLOUD STATE….so, he’s a “local boy did good” type of scenario…..here’s CULLEN’S excitement after scoring last night……
i still haven’t missed a game on tv yet…i want so so so badly to go to a game…so, here’s my one time begging?
ANYBODY HAVE MINNESOTA WILD SEASON TICKETS THEY WANT TO GET RID OF FOR A GAME? yeah, good luck with that, right?
7. WIFE TO HUSBAND…”do i look fat?”
HUSBAND TO WIFE…. “do i look STUPID?”
8. my warped sense of humor almost got me in trouble one time on a bus trip where i was the “celebrity chaperone”…..our lovely tour guide came out in a dress and asked me that stupid question, “jay, does this dress make my butt look big?” and, before i could restrain myself, i shouted, “no, your BUTT makes your butt look big.” (thank goodness she has a great sense of humor…..)
9. good night of tv tonight…the series ending one hour finale of “30 ROCK”, and a full hour of new “THE OFFICE” episodes…..it’s also “THE OFFICE” last season, too…..”THE OFFICE” hasn’t been that good this past couple of years since STEVE CARRELL left, but we can’t shut if off, nonetheless…..
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A woman came up behind her husband while he was enjoying his morning coffee and slapped him on the back of the head. “I found a piece of paper in your pants pocket with the name ‘Marylou’ written on it,” she said, furious. “You had better have an explanation.” “Calm down, honey,” the man replied. “Remember last week when I was at the dog track? That was the name of the dog I bet on. “The next morning, his wife snuck up on him and smacked him again.” What was that for?” he complained. “Your dog called last night.”……..
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS……