OKAY…FRIDAY IS COMING…ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS…..
your daily blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….have you ever thought about leasing? many people have, and many people do…and THEY LOVE IT…right now, PIERSON FORD has great lease specials on a FORD FOCUS, FORD F-150, and FORD TAURUS….come on in and test drive and see if leasing is right for you….
check out all of the vehicles at:
1. LET’S ENJOY SOME COMEDY!!!
nope….i don’t think this is what they were talking about…..
at first i thought this next one was a bad idea…but on second thought……
WOULD YOU LIKE A LIST OF WHO THE NEXT ONE IS DEDICATED TO?
i could have made a MILLION if i had thought of the next one…..
unfortunately, i could wear the next t-shirt……
2. you probably don’t know the name NED WERTIMER…..have you heard of him? i’m sure you know his big tv role….he played “RALPH THE DOORMAN” on the hit tv show “THE JEFFERSON’S”….he was always playing the good guy opposite the tough words coming out of GEORGE JEFFERSON’S mouth….
NED WERTIMER died on january 2nd at the age of 89……….here he is in recent years….
and now, the only one of the major stars who is still alive is MARLA GIBBS, who played the smart mouth housekeeper FLORENCE JOHNSTON….she is now 81…….
3. rocker PAT BENATAR turns 60 today…SIXTY YEARS OLD…man, the legends are getting older, huh? glad i’m not…(RIGHT!!)
PAT BENATAR is known for big hits like “HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT”, “LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD”, “SHADOWS OF THE NIGHT”, “YOU BETTER RUN”, “HEARTBREAKER”, and many more….i’m sure you remember this beauty….
here’s PAT BENATAR belting out a couple of tunes in concert this past summer……
4. alrighty, here comes some PAT BENATAR music that you can crank up….speaking of “cranking up the volume”, if you lived in KRAMER HALL at NORTHERN STATE UNIVERSITY in ABERDEEN back in 1983, you heard this next song coming out of my room every night during “crank hours.” it’s the birthday girl, with my favorite song by her, “SHADOWS OF THE NIGHT.” i still crank this song every time it comes on…..
here’s one of the all time classics from the 80’s…”HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT.”
i also love this song…”WE BELONG.”
5. also, FRANK SINATRA, JR. turns 69 today…remember him? here is a picture of him with his famous papa……
i never thought that he looked a lot like FRANK SR., but he definetly does in his older years….here’s FRANK SINATRA, JR. at 69….
6. so called “comedian”, BILL MAHER is at it again…..i can’t stand the guy…i think he’s a pompous, arrogant jerk……his newest escapade is that he promised FIVE MILLION DOLLARS to give to DONALD TRUMP if “THE DONALD” produced a birth certificate that would prove that he is not the “spawn of his mom having next with an orangutan.” what a creep…well, DONALD produced the birth certificate, and wants the money to donate to charity…..MAHER isn’t coughing it up……..what do you think? some people say that it’s just a “comedy gag” and he shouldn’t have to give the money…i say “anti up” dude…and next time maybe SHUT YOUR BIG PIE HOLE…..
7. the ACADEMY AWARD nominations were announced this morning, and to no one’s suprise, “LINCOLN” led the pack with twelve nominations, including best actor nod for DANIEL DAY LEWIS, and supporting roles for SALLY FIELD and TOMMY LEE JONES, as well as “picture of the year” nominations………you may remember that i ABSOLUTELY LOVED this movie, and i hope it wins…i’m also thrilled that “DJANGO UNCHAINED” is also up for “best picture.” this may be one award show i have to watch……
8. NO BASEBALL HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES THIS YEAR….that’s right, nobody got the 75 percent needed to make the hall…….some of the newbies included SAMMY SOSA, MARK MCGUIRE and BARRY BONDS, who, obviously, were labeled as “steroid users”, and are probably being punished for that action……..my thought? i’m torn about this…….if they must make the hall, which they probably should because of their awesome careers, they should make a “steroids” wing in the hall of fame with these guys in there…..because, it’s totally possible that some of their numbers were fudged by illegal drugs…….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
One day, a man walks into a dentist’s office and asks
how much it will cost to extract wisdom teeth. “Eighty dollars,” the dentist
says. “That’s a ridiculous amount,” the man says. “Isn’t there a cheaper way?”
“Well,” the dentist says, “if you don’t use an aesthetic, I can knock the price
down to $60.” Looking annoyed the man says, “That’s still too expensive!”
“Okay,” says the dentist. “If I save on anesthesia and simply rip the teeth out
with a pair of pliers, I can knock the price down to $20.” “Nope,” moans the
man, “it’s still too much.” “Well,” says the dentist, scratching his head, “if I
let one of my students do it, I suppose I can knock the price down to $10.”
“Marvelous,” says the man, “book my wife for next Tuesday!”