THE NEXT PERSON THAT ASKS ME IF “IT’S COLD ENOUGH FOR ME” GETS KNOCKED ON THEIR BUTT…wow….don’t know what it’s like where you are but in northeastern south dakota it’s doggone cold….
i think this next one is almost as bad as being outside in the cold naked…ha ha…
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN’S auto plaza…..we have some great lease specials right nowon FORD F-150S….and we just found out that the FORD F-150 is AMERICA’S BEST SELLING TRUCK AGAIN…i believe this makes year number THIRTY SIX…pretty impressive….stop by and see is right now for other great leases on TAURUS’S, FOCUS’ and more…..
1. HERE ARE YOUR FUNNIES….
i had heard of the next one happening, but i DIDN’T REALIZE IT WAS REAL…
hmm…i wondered how they got the lime in there….
i never realized how funny tacos could be….
this next one cracked me up BIG TIME…
2. well, since we last talked we lost a couple of goodies…..in fact three….two baseball hall of famers and a legendary advice columnist…..ladies first….
her real name was PAULINE PHILLIPS…..you probably dont’ know the name…here pen name was ABIGAIL VAN BUREN….we’re getting closer…..her column was known as “DEAR ABBY.” she passed away last week at the age of 94……
did you know that she was sisters with another advice columnist by the name of ANN LANDERS? its’ true…in fact, they were identical twins……EPPIE LEDERER was ANN LANDER’S real name…..she died back in 2002 at the age of 83….remember her?
here are the sisters together…..rumor has it that the girls had a big feud going up until their deaths…..
3. baseball hall of famer EARL WEAVER died on a cruise ship last week at the age of 82….he was a player and manager….he managed the BALTIMORE ORIOLES for 17 years…..he was known for his blowhard attitude and his infamous fights with the umpires……legendary ones…..
but for us SOUTH DAKOTA folks, EARL WEAVER is remembered as being the manager of our own ABERDEEN PHEASANTS back in 1959……
here’s EARL WEAVER recently….
4. a legendary baseball player also died….STAN “THE MAN” MUSIAL was 92 when he passed away last week…..STAN did something that no player today would even consider doing…..STAYING WITH THE SAME TEAM….MR. MUSIAL played 22 years with the ST. LOUIS CARDINALS….he was a baseball ALL-STAR a record 24 times….in fact, he is tied with WILLIE MAYS for that record……..here he is…
and here’s ST. LOUIS’ beloved star STAN MUSIAL in recent years…..
you will probably never find that loyalty in a player ever again…..unless they are paid millions and millions of dollars…STAN didn’t make that kind of money…he played the game for the love of it….a passion that is probably gone in most cases today….
5. happy birthday wishes are going out to actress LINDA BLAIR who turns 54 today…and is still completely GORGEOUS….most people will remember her for her spooktacular role in, i think, the scariest movie ever made…”THE EXORCIST.”
here is LINDA BLAIR today…looking incredibly beautiful…..
here’s one more…and, umm..just in case you’ve been drinking heavily, she’s the one on the left…..
6. well, it finally happened…i’m 48 years old and recently witnessed the all time worst fans i have ever seen……wow…the team was great…the kids were level headed and good sports, but the spectators were incredibly rude. they were slinging comments at the other team and arguing with people in the stands…unreal……even pointing and laughing when their opponents missed a basket….
7. my beautiful wife and i went out friday night for some fun…we took my son TYLER to MAX AND ERMA’S for a great meal, and then my bride and i took off to see the new horror movie “MAMA.” i saw the previews a few months ago and really didn’t want to see it…but we went anyway….GLAD I DID…IT SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME…..it was super super good…..highly recommend this one if you like horror movies……..
this is the first time in YEARS that i have seen two horror movies in a row that were really good…this one and “SINISTER.” keep them coming HOLLYWOOD…i’ll bet they can’t keep that streak going…ha ha…
8. it’s “THE HARBAUGH BOWL.” brothers JIM and JON HARBAUGH will be coaching their teams, the SAN FRANCISCO 49’ERS and the BALTIMORE RAVENS in the SUPER BOWL…..the brothers are already tired of people talking about them being the first brothers ever to coach in a major championship…..being the good guys they are, they are trying to turn the game back on the players, which is where it should be……..should be a great game….my prediction coming up next week….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Three old men were sitting around talking about who had the worst health problems.
The seventy-year-old said, “Have I got a problem. Every morning I get up at 7:30 and have to take a pee , but I have to stand at the toilet for an hour, ’cause my pee barely trickles out.”
“Heck, that’s nothing, ” said the eighty year old. “Every morning at 8:30 I have to take a dump , but I have to sit on the can for hours because of my constipation. It’s terrible”.
The ninety-year-old said, “You guys think you have problems! Every morning at 7:30 I pee like a racehorse, and at 8:30 I crap like a pig.
The trouble with me is, I don’t wake up till eleven.”
HAVE A TREMENDOUS DAY….