WELL, IT’S ALMOST THE WEEKEND…AND IT’S BEEN ONE HECK OF A WEEK…I THINK I NEED TO SIT BACK AND ENJOY A GLASS OF WINE…
I HAVE MY GLASS PICKED OUT…DO YOU?
your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…i’ve always been telling you about the incredible sales team at PIERSON’S, but let me tell you about the rest of the building. we have, undoubtably, the BEST service department around. we have a top of the line accessories and parts department, an incredible body shop department, and our office staff will really impress you with their kindness and determination to give you the best service….it’s all around the best dealership around…PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…
1. HERE COME YOUR WEEKEND FUNNIES….
hey, now THIS is a good marriage…ha ha…
and now, some wise words from the late GEORGE CARLIN….love this….
well, with our kids out of the house, this next one is dedicated to my beautiful wife…..and, unfortunately, it’s true, because she has been on me for a week and half to do this…….YIKES…
and a couple more for you….
2. comedian RAY STEVENS turns 74 today…that seems weird to say…..you probably know RAY STEVENS from great songs like “THE STREAK”, “IT’S ME AGAIN MARGARET”, and many many other classics…..here’s an early picture of RAY STEVENS back in the days of “EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL.”
here’s a picture from the 80’s….
and here’s RAY STEVENS today at 74….i beleive he’s showing off his new project….an 8 cd compilation box set of all of his stuff….that could be fun….
3. how about some RAY STEVENS classics….
this is one of my faves….”THE STREAK.”
i have always loved “EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL.”
and here’s the comedy classic “THE MISSISSIPPI SQUIRREL REVIVAL.”
4. remember the little boy from the horror classic “THE OMEN?” his real name is HARVEY STEPHENS…..he is now 42 years old…let’s check in and see what he looks like today…..
HARVEY played “DAMIEN” the “antichrist” in this classic horror film…..he was one evil little dude!!!
and here is HARVEY STEPHENS today at 42….
5. well, the NFL PRO BOWL is this weekend…and i have two words about that…WHO CARES!!! i just can’t watch this game….they don’t play with passion. it’s more like a touch football game than a real one….no defense either…scores usually end up pretty high…..the only thing i’m excited about this year is the fact that two of my church members are actually at the game…that is pretty cool…..
6. OH MY GOODNESS AM I HOOKED!!!! i can’t walk away from the tv when the MINNESOTA WILD are playing hockey this season…i’ve watched all the games so far, and can’t wait to watch another one…..
the “state of hockey” in MINNESOTA is pretty doggone positive……and a lot of the enthusiasm is based on our two new free agents, ZACH PARISE AND RYAN SUTER…..they were the number one and two in the free agent market in the off season, and NOBODY thought that they would go to the same team, and especially not to a team like the MINNESOTA WILD…but, the WILD’S owner stepped up and put down a TON of cash for the WILD to win….experts are saying that the MINNESOTA WILD could challenge others for the STANLEY CUP even this year!!!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME…
here is PARISE AND SUTER….
7. don’t know if my beautiful bride and i can make it to a movie this weekend, but if we do, i think i’ll recommend the new BRADLEY COOPER movie……
critics are saying it’s a wonderful movie……and it’s up for a ton of awards too…..we’ll see…i might just want to rest my butt on the couch all weekend…..getting to be a tired old man…..
8. JOKE OF THE DAY: