the answer to the next question is….NO!!!! but just hang on, it will get here….
your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…we’re located on north highway 281 in the auto plaza…right across from SHOPKO…if you are in the area, i would love to meet you…..stop by and say “hi”….and if you’re looking for a vehicle, stop by as well…..FORD has incredible rebates and incentives not only on the F-150’S, but also on their awesome lineup of cars including the FOCUS, the FUSION, the FIESTA and more…..and EVERYBODY is lovin’ the ESCAPE……check out all of the vehicles at http://piersonford.com/
1. HERE ARE YOUR FUNNIES FOR TODAY….
okay, i have to admit…this first one just about KILLED me yesterday…i laughed all day long……
AND NOW SOME “HOLY HUMOR.”
i always wondered about the ark…..
wouldn’t you love to fish with this guy? ha ha…
this one is pretty good…..
and finally……..some bragging rights!!!!
2. i go into streaks of listening to music….i’ll start with classic country and play some BUCK OWENS, PATSY CLINE, HANK WILLIAMS, and others….and then i’ll cruise into some good old polka music like MYRON FLOREN, JIMMY STURR, FRANK YANKOVIC and more…….and recently, i’ve been into the soft pop of the 70’s…..specifically “LOBO.”
do you remember LOBO? his real name is KENT LAVOIE….believe it or not, he is now 69 years old….how about that? he had great songs like “ME AND YOU AND A DOG NAMED BOO”, “DON’T EXPECT ME TO BE YOUR FRIEND, ” “I’D LOVE YOU TO WANT ME”, and my personal favorite, “HOW CAN I TELL HER”…..remember him?
here’s LOBO recently…….
3. okay, i can’t tempt you with LOBO hits and not play some….get ready to sit back in your chair and be mesmerized by one of the best voices of the 70’s….LOBO…
here’s “I’D LOVE YOU TO WANT ME.” (dig the hair, man)
i love this next one….”DON’T EXPECT ME TO BE YOUR FRIEND.”
how about a little “ME AND YOU AND A DOG NAMED BOO.” awesome song….
and here’s my favorite…”HOW CAN I TELL HER”……this song gives me goosebumps…..
4. one of my favorite actors in the world turns 83 tomorrow…i’m talking about GENE HACKMAN…what a great actor….83? are you serious? man, this guy doesn’t age……you probably remember GENE HACKMAN from “THE FRENCH CONNECTION”, “THE BIRDCAGE” and hundreds of other roles…….remember him?
he was hilarious on the ROBIN WILLIAMS movie “THE BIRDCAGE”….he even got to dress in drag….ha ha…
here’s the wonderful, awesome, inspiring and incredible actor GENE HACKMAN recently…….
5. well, it snowed here yesterday….i mean REALLY snowed…..how much? well, generally this much around the area…..
that’s right, anywhere from 5-10 inches fell in our area….i was up this morning at 6:00 outside blowing snow…it was pretty easy to move, which i was thankful for……then, i came to work and we had to clean the PIERSON FORD lot…that took about three hours…no biggie…they reward us with pizza, and i’m sure i’ve done worse things for pizza…ha ha…..
6. i had a blast on sunday….my beautiful wife had to run to town to get some things, so i plugged in my jukebox AND RATTLED THE WINDOWS….man, i love doing that…nothing takes the edge off of me like extremely loud music…..i was blasting stuff from “THE FORRESTER SISTERS”, “BUCK OWENS”, “GARY LEWIS AND THE PLAYBOYS”, “THE LOVIN’ SPOONFUL”, “ELVIS”, “HANK WILLIAMS,” and many more………..can’t wait to do it again…….
7. i couldn’t stomach the NFL PRO BOWL the other night…didn’t even watch a play….and the combined score was a record setting 97 points, i believe….hmm…soft defense…lots of offense….nobody wants to get hurt, so they weren’t playing that hard, i’m sure…i hear that the coolest part of the night dealt with now retired star JEFF SATURDAY….he hiked the ball to PEYTON MANNING for many many years, and this past year, his last year in the league, he was getting the ball to AARON RODGERS and the GREEN BAY PACKERS….so, they did something i’ve never heard of before, but i thought it was cool…….JEFF SATURDAY got to hike the ball to both MANNING brothers…which meant one from the NFC and one from the AFC…that’s right, he jumped sides to hike the ball…classy move from both teams…love it!!!
8. i haven’t missed a MINNESOTA WILD hockey game yet….there’s another one tonight….the bad news is, they have lost their last three games….there is much excitement about this team, and so called “fans” are already griping about the lineup…here’s the deal…GIVE THEM A BREAK…..they didn’t get any exhibition games……it’s a short season, and not much practice before the first game…..these guys haven’t played together very well…TRUST ME…they will “gel”….they will be excellent for the next few years…just give them time…..
and by the way, ZACH PARISE is absolutely incredible…he has like five goals so far, and a few assists….he’s fun to watch…and i’m so glad i have a “WILD” jersey with his name on it…..
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man walks into a bar and orders a beer. He takes his first sip and sets it down. While he is looking around the bar, a monkey swings down and steals the pint of beer from him before he is able to stop the monkey.
The man asks the barman who owns the monkey. The barman replies the piano player. The man walks over to the piano player and says “Do you know your monkey stole my beer.” The pianist replies “No, but if you hum it, I’ll play it.”
OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?
Gus, a traveling salesman, stopped at a gas station to use the facilities. The restroom had two commodes, and there was a man already using one of them. They nodded at each other and went about their business. Gus finished first and as he pulled up his pants, some change fell out of his pocket into the bowl. He looked at it for a moment, then threw a $50 into the bowl.
“What did you do that for?!” the other man asked.
Gus replied, “Well, you don’t expect me to put my hand in there for thirty-five cents, do you?”
HAVE A TERRIFIC DAY MY FRIENDS…