THE END OF FEBRUARY…HMM..MARCH TOMORROW…AND I TRULY ENDORSE THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE…
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…..with the month ending and a new one beginning we await what deals FORD will come up with for march…but for now, everything stays the same…which means great lease specials on F-150’S, FOCUS’ and more….stop by and see us in the auto plaza, just across from SHOPKO on north highway 281 in ABERDEEN….check out all the vehicles at the following address:
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES TO TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE….(or whatever else you want tickled…..)
about now i wish i had a cat so i could do the following….
i heard good news about gas prices….but i was disappointed in what i found out….
being in the advertising business for over 20 years means that, yeah, i guess i would have to agree with the next one……
i’ve said it before, i’ll say it again…I AM SO GLAD I’M MARRIED….
HMMM..I WOULD LOVE TO SEE VEGAS PROMOTE THIS…ha ha…
2. two famous entertainers have died since we last talked…let’s feature them…
first of all, VAN CLIBURN has died at the age of 78 due to bone cancer……VAN CLIBURN received first place at the 1958 “INTERNATIONAL TCHAIKOVSKY COMPETITION” in MOSCOW….he became an overnight sensation, and even received a ticker tape parade, with over 100 thousand people lining the streets around BROADWAY in NEW YORK CITY….remember him?
here’s the late VAN CLIBURN recently, including one with our own PRESIDENT OBAMA….
3. and, actor DALE ROBERTSON has died at the age of 89….you probably remember him from tv shows like “TALES OF WELLS FARGO”, “THE IRON HORSE”, “DYNASTY” and many others…he also appeared in feature films….
here he is in recent years…..
4. YOU COULDN’T MAKE UP STUFF LIKE THIS EVEN IF YOU WANTED……
MINNESOTA TWINS star, and lifelong MINNESOTA TWINS fan, JOE MAUER and his wife MADDIE are expecting…you guessed it…TWINS….yep…crazy huh? he has a beautiful wife….
and now the fun comments start…i’ve heard things like “WHEN THE FIRST ONE COMES WILL HE JUST PASS IT OFF TO HIS WIFE AND WAIT FOR THE SECOND ONE?” (this makes fun of the fact that MAUER hardly EVER swings at the first pitch…)
or how about this one? “WILL HE BE WEARING HIS CATCHER’S MITT TO CATCH BOTH BABIES?”
wow…some people need to get jobs…ha ha…..CONGRATS JOE AND MADDIE…we couldn’t be happier….
okay..one more.. “WE HEAR THAT IF THERE IS ONE BOY AND ONE GIRL THEY’RE GOING TO NAME THEM PAUL AND MINNY.” (twin cities)….that’s probably my favorite one….
5. the other day i bragged about the awesome food at the new eatery in aberdeen called “ROMA RISTORANTE ITALIANO” in the WARD HOTEL…well, the other night my brother TREVOR and I decided to try out their “wood roasted pizzas.” INCREDIBLE…AWESOME…SPECTACULAR….we ordered a pepperoni with sausage, and it came with great big chunks of sausage….the crust is homemade and is DELICIOUS…and the sauce was wonderful, too….i’m TWO FOR TWO at this new place…time to go again….
6. happy birthday wishes are going out today to actor GAVIN MACLEOD….he played the character “JOSEPH ‘HAPPY’ HAINES” on “MCHALES NAVY”, plus “MURRAY SLAUGHTER” on “THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW”, and he’s probably best known as “CAPTAIN MERRILL STUBING” on “LOVE BOAT.”
GAVIN MACLEOD turns 82 years old today….here is what he looks like today….
7. “HERB TARLEK” from “WKRP IN CINCINNATI” has a birthday today…well, HERB doesn’t…but the actor who played this nerdy radio salesman does…..FRANK BONNER played this hilarious character on one of my all time favorite tv shows….and the reason i got into radio in the first place……..the sad thing? i’ve known a few REAL LIFE HERB TARLEK’S in my life…..
FRANK BONNER turns 71 today…here he is in recent years….
8. alright…this full moon is kicking my butt….i haven’t slept well for three nights…i’m coming down with a chest cold…..and i’m exhausted…….one of my friends had a son who was bit by a dog two days ago….i’ve talked to countless people who have not been sleeping since the full moon……AND THEN I READ THIS ON THE INTERNET…
Animals are also influenced by the moon. One study reports that
animals are twice as likely to bite people during the time of full
All these facts confirm
that it should come as no surprise that, when the moon is full, some people may
suffer from insomnia, nightmares, strange dreams, and
some people even sleepwalk.
guess i’m not COMPLETELY CRAZY….(oh wait…scratch that…yes i am….)
9. ANY IDEA WHO THIS HUNK IS?
WHO IS IT?
it’s PHIL ROBERTSON from “DUCK DYNASTY.”
yeppers…hard to believe, but ol’ PHIL ROBERTSON was quite the football player at LOUISIANA TECH…..are you ready for this?
ROBERTSON started ahead of his backup quarterback…TERRY BRADSHAW….yes, THEE TERRY BRADSHAW…plus, PHIL turned down a chance to play with my WASHINGTON REDSKINS in order to do what he loved best….HUNT…..true story…..
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Barnum & Bailey was transferring the circus from one town to another. The elephants were connected trunk to tail. They came along a railroad crossing and as the elephants were halfway across the tracks, a train came along and killed two of them.
Shortly thereafter, B&M Railroad received an invoice from Barnum and Bailey for $10,000. B&M immediately called Barnum & Bailey and requested an explanation for the charge, writing, “What is the cost of a new elephant?”
Barnum & Bailey responded, “$1,000 each.”
B&M responded, “But, we only killed two of them!”
Barnum & Bailey said, “Yes, but you pulled the buttholes out of eight others.”
A LITTLE TASTELESS..BUT FUNNY….
HAVE A GREAT DAY…