IT’S GETTING CLOSER….
although, the weekend might not be EXACTLY the way you want it…….did you hear the forecast? of course, it’s too early to know the exact path of a monster storm, but it looks promising that we’ll get hit….
looks like we’re on the edge right now, but hey, we know how things change…..actually, i could use a couple of snow days held up at home…ha ha….
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….terrific lease specials right now on the F-150’S and the FORD FOCUS….if you have ever thought about leasing, stop by and see us….and by the way, our “pre owned” inventory is absolutely crazy….we have begun putting some vehicles behind other vehicles because we’re running out of room…..SO, COME ON IN….you won’t find a better variety of vehicles than we have at PIERSON FORD….we’re in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN….
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES….
face it…the next one is WAY TRUE….
i have a few people i would like to use the next one on….
i have to keep telling myself….”MY SPARK AT HOME IS NOT GONE…MY SPARK AT HOME IS NOT GONE…MY SPARK AT HOME IS NOT GONE..”
LOVE THIS NEXT ONE….
and finally, a little “BABY HUMOR.” ha ha…
2. country music superstar GARTH BROOKS turns 51 today…how about that? GARTH has been around in the music business for a few decades now, and is widely considered the biggest star to ever come out of country music…he certainly has proven that with his millions and millions of albums sold, and his sold out shows everywhere he would go……here’s a couple of early photos of GARTH BROOKS….
and here’s the 51 year old GARTH BROOKS today, including one with his beautiful wife TRISHA YEARWOOD…
3. i have a couple of cool “personal” GARTH BROOKS stories…
*****i was working in radio in LISBON, NORTH DAKOTA when GARTH broke into the business…i will never forget getting his first record in my mailbox…it was the song “MUCH TOO YOUNG TO FEEL THIS DAMN OLD.” i vividly remember listening to it, being blown away, and telling people, that THIS GUY was going to be HUGE…..i was right…many others were right too…
*****while “MUCH TOO YOUNG” was on the charts, i received a phone call…from guess who? GARTH BROOKS…..he told me that he was calling some people in the radio business who reported thier music lists to NASHVILLE, which i did at the time……he said that he wondered what i thought the next single should be after “MUCH TOO YOUNG.” i told him that “NOT COUNTING YOU” should be the next one…and he said “DAMN, THAT’S THE ONE I WANT, BUT THE LABEL WANTS TO RELEASE “THE DANCE.” well, as fate would have it, it didn’t matter which one was released first….they both went number one….as would about every single song that GARTH would release after that……
*****the first time i met GARTH BROOKS was in NASHVILLE at the “COUNTRY RADIO SEMINAR”…..i was blown away with his great attitude and friendliness…i remember that the very first thing he did when i reached out to shake his hand was to introduce his then wife SANDY to me……that said a lot about this man…….
*****one other time that i met GARTH BROOKS was at the RED RIVER VALLEY FAIR in FARGO…i took the love of my life, JEANNIE along, and we happened to catch GARTH backstage during his afternoon warmup…he had sweatpants and a t-shirt on, and meet us under the stage…we must have talked for 20 minutes…it was great…he is, and was, such a great great man……his brother KELLY BROOKS was at that time his manager, and KELLY came downstairs and said, “GARTH, WE NEED TO GET TO THE HOTEL.” GARTH looked at him and said, “HEY, I’LL BE UP SOON…DON’T RUSH ME, I’M WITH FRIENDS.” isn’t that cool?
*****i wish i had my picture along that i could scan in, but i have a couple of nice photos with him…..love that man….wish that we could have remained in contact……
*****my son MITCHELL was born the day after GARTH AND SANDY had one of their girls…..the radio station in LISBON sent us flowers with this message….
“rose are red, violets are blue…you had a baby and GARTH did too.” isn’t that cute?
4. HERE COMES SOME GREAT GARTH BROOKS MUSIC…..
here’s his monster hit of a song that still impacts millions today…”THE DANCE.”
and here’s his classic “FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES.”
5. A GOOD NEWS STORY FOR ONCE…RIGHT?
there’s a gentleman by the name of PAUL MASON who was considered the “fattest man in the world.” certainly not a title that any of us would want to hold…anyway, this man lost 644 pounds…SIX HUNDRED AND FOURTY FOUR POUNDS….he used to weight 980 pounds……what a great success story….now he has to worry about the “flab” that comes with it……
CONGRATS PAUL….KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK….
6. many people have fifteen minutes of fame….many people have used up that fifteen minutes of fame….many people have used MILLIONS OF OTHERS FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME….
with that said, here comes my list of people who need to disappear from the limelight and go back to wherever the heck they came from…..
4. JARED FROM SUBWAY…hey, we’re proud of your weight loss….we’re excited that you can keep it off…but, it’s time to go bye bye……i get to the point now where i have to look away from the tv when he is on….
3. THE KARDASHIANS….(ENOUGH SAID.)
2. FLO from the insurance ads……..hey, you were cute at the beginning……and funny….and humorous…..now, it feels like fingernails on the chalkboard when i hear you talk….AND NOW YOU’RE SINGING WHICH MAKES IT WORSE….
1. HONEY BOO BOO AND FAMILY….listen, here’s the deal…I DON’T EVEN WATCH YOU AND YOU ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF ME…..”reality tv” is going to be one of the demises of this world…..i find MY REALITY hard enough without watching other people’s “so called reality.” and these people sound dumber and dumber every time people talk about them……..GOODBYE….it’s been nice…..(i’m kidding..no it hasn’t….)……
7. with the NFL now off of the tv, i have my sunday afternoons cleared….and i have planned on spending much more time with my beautiful bride…well, she informed me the other day that we’re going ICE SKATING this sunday if the blizzard doesn’t hit…..sounds great…except for a few things…i haven’t skated since high school…..and i’m almost 50….and my bones are getting more brittle by the day….and oh, yeah, did i mention? I’M A KLUTZ……(perfect combination for disaster…ha ha)
8. UGH…I NEED A VACATION….competely exhausted…..and it’s the busy church time of year..LENT is starting next wednesday….we have a vacation planned for june…hope i can make it that long……
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
a man walks into his best friends house and finds him playing chess with his dog….the man says, “wow…that has to be the smartest dog i’ve ever seen.” his friend says, “no…he’s not that smart…i’ve beaten him three out of five games.”
OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE…
what do you call a woman who knows the exact whereabouts of her husband 24 hours a day? A WIDOW…..
AND ON THAT NOTE…HA HA….HAVE A GREAT DAY…