HAPPY VALENTINES DAY……..
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE TAUGHT THIS SPECIAL DAY IS ABOUT…
HOWEVER, THIS IS WHAT IT SOMETIMES TURNS OUT TO BE….
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…..wow..is our lot full of pre owned vehicles…….if you are looking for a pre owned truck, suv, car, or whatever, we have what you are looking for…check out our incredible inventory at: http://piersonford.com/
and, don’t forget that we carry the best new lineup of the best vehicles around…FORDS….including the most awesome pickup ever made….the FORD F-150….NUMBER ONE FOR 36 YEARS IN A ROW….how can you argue with that, right?
1. HERE COME YOUR VALENTINE FUNNIES….
i SO WISH that i had a box of these….
AND NOW….A GREAT VALENTINE’S MESSAGE…..
okay…i have to be honest…this next one made me laugh out loud…..
as did this one, too….
here’s one for the “not so romantic” people out there…..
2. alright, let’s see about a couple of celebrities who are “VALENTINE’S BABIES.” guess who is? FLORENCE HENDERSON…yep..that’s right, “MRS. CAROL BRADY” on “THE BRADY BUNCH” has a birthday today….i was shocked when i saw her age……..ready for this?
FLORENCE HENDERSON IS……….
ONE YEAR AWAY FROM 80……
seems weird, huh?
FLORENCE taught us “WESSONALITY.” remember that?
and here’s FLORENCE HENDERSON today at 79…looking awfully good…including one with DORIS ROBERTS of “EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND” fame……
3. guess who else has a VALENTINE’S BIRTHDAY? it’s SOUTH DAKOTA’S OWN…..PAT O’BRIEN….
did you know that? PAT O’BRIEN was born in SIOUX FALLS….he got his first radio gig at KSOO in SIOUX FALLS…and then went on to big time fame with “CBS SPORTS”, plus “ACCESS HOLLYWOOD” and “THE INSIDER,” among other projects….
PAT O’BRIEN is 65 years old today….here he is recently……
4. SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW THIS PAST WEEKEND…..
well, okay, maybe it wasn’t THAT BAD…but we still had a ton of snow….
here’s a photo from my hometown of BRITTON, SOUTH DAKOTA….
we had upwards of two feet of snow in northeast SOUTH DAKOTA…….
and HUGE HUGE FLAKES OF SNOW…here’s a photo of the BROWN COUNTY COURTHOUSE during the snowstorm….
i have heard reports of people stranded during the storm, and a very very sad story of an area person losing their life during this past storm…stuff like that breaks your heart, but really makes you thankful for having a nice warm home to be stranded in….thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the people who lost their lives in the recent storm…..
5. OKAY…..a tv commericial made me go eat somewhere today…that’s right, a guy who was involved in advertising most of his life, fell victim to advertising…ha ha….
i have been craving the new CHICKEN POT PIE from KFC…..
so, i headed out to my local KFC and ordered one….and….IT WAS GREAT….REALLY GREAT….except for one small detail….
HARDLY ANY CHICKEN….
but what a minute? isn’t “KFC” short for “KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN?” isn’t the word “CHICKEN” right in the title of the store and the title of the meal? well, i would have THOUGHT SO…
anyway, the product is really good…the crust is really really good….i just couldn’t believe the lack of chicken in a “CHICKEN pot pie.” oh well, maybe i’ll try another one and see if it was a one time deal…
6. well, the terror run of former policeman CHRIS DORNER appears to be over….the former LOS ANGELES cop was apparently burned to death in a cabin in the woods after a shootout with his former fellow officers……this is what i find weird about this case and about our society……..apparently MR. DORNER, got a “raw deal” from his police department, which caused him to adhere to a “RAMBO” type lifestyle as he struck back at the cops who were his co-workers and friends…….here’s what really angers me about this…
i have heard people on tv and radio in the past few days actually making a case for MR. DORNER, that he is THE VICTIM….YEAH…THE VICTIM….i heard someone say “well, after the way he was treated, i can kind of understand why he did this.” ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU SERIOUS? hey, we have all had crappy days at work and have all had pukey and crappy bosses and employees who have made our lives hell….BUT IT DOESN’T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO GO BACK AFTER THEM AND KILL PEOPLE….c’mon people…seriously!!!! is our society becoming that sick that some people actually thought that he had grounds for this?
7. the GRAMMY’S were on the other night…i watched a total of…umm…..three seconds of it…and that’s because my remote got stuck on that channel and it wouldn’t switch…..i don’t care for the GRAMMY AWARDS….yes, i have been a huge music nut all of my life, but i’ve really shyed away from the award shows……although, the GRAMMY’S do crazy stuff and actually award people like EMMYLOU HARRIS, WILLIE NELSON and others awards when they weren’t “commercially successful” during that year…the GRAMMYS seem to look at the “craft” of the music….with that said, i still couldn’t watch because i think there is such a group of “no talent” artists in music today….we just don’t seem to have the passion and love and creativity for music that we saw in recent decades…..(OH NO…I’M TURNING INTO AN OLD MAN….)
8. i love ROB GRONKOWSKI of the “NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS”…he is also known as “GRONK.” he’s a great player for them, but is also a young guy who loves to PARTY PARTY PARTY….and it usually gets him in to trouble for it….well, ROB has taken precautions during his latest late nights out…check out his shirt…..VERY FUNNY…AND CREATIVE….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A redneck farmer from back in the hills walked twelve miles, one way, to the general store. “Heya, Wilbur,” said Sam, the store owner. “Tell me, are you and Myrtle still making fires up there by rubbing stones and flint together?”
“You betcha, Sam. Ain’t no ‘tother way. Why?”
“Got something to show you. Something to make fire. It’s called a Match.”
‘Match? Never heard of it.”
“Watch this. If you want a fire you just do this,” Sam says, taking a match and striking it on his pants.”
“Huh. Well, that’s something, but that ain’t for me, Sam.”
“Well, why not?”
“I can’t be walking twelve miles to borrow your pants every time I want a fire.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC DAY MY FRIENDS…