HERE’S WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE TO A COUPLE OF PEOPLE THIS WEEK…
the “big snowstorm” that was to pound our area, LUCKILY went south of us….we’re looking at an inch or two…although, i did have people say they wanted another foot of snow…..BEGIN THE SLAPPING MOTION……
today’s blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza IN ABERDEEN….
here’s our featured vehicle of the day:
this is a 2008 cadillac escalade that is a BEAUTY….it has 65,000 miles on it, and it completely LOADED with everything you need…for more on this vehicle and others go to http://piersonford.com/ or call us at 1-800-627-1237.
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES….
i’ve had some bad cake in my life, BUT THIS TAKES THE CAKE…..(no pun intended…okay, it was intended)
(hmm…what was that CRUNCH?)
CAUGHT RED HANDED…OR BLUE HANDED….
and here is another great opportunity for a husband to KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT….
hmm…i think if i had to pull this fire alarm, the building would BURN DOWN TO THE GROUND….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to singer MARY CHAPIN CARPENTER…she turns “double nickels today”…..55……MARY CHAPIN is the only artist to have won FOUR consecutive GRAMMY AWARDS for “best female country artist”…she won that award from 1992-1995….
PLUS, here album “COME ON, COME ON” back in 1992 pumped out SEVEN charted singles off one album….the album ended up selling over FOUR MILLION COPIES….remember the songs that were on this album? “THE HARD WAY”, “HE THINKS HE’LL KEEP HER”, “I FEEL LUCKY”, “THE BUG”, “PASSIONATE KISSES”, “I TAKE MY CHANCES”, and a duet with JOE DIFFIE called “NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK.”
***and that wasn’t even my favorite MCC album…mine is “STATE OF THE HEART”, which features great tunes like “QUITTIN’ TIME”, “NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD”, “HOW DO”, and “SOMETHING OF A DREAMER.”
here’s MARY CHAPIN CARPENTER in her earlier days….
i have had the pleasure of meeting MCC a couple of times, and i’ve had the pleasure of seeing her in concert maybe three or four times……SWEET LADY….very passionate about her music….i love that about her……very kind……..just love her….
here’s MARY CHAPIN CARPENTER recently, including one with GARTH BROOKS and TRISHA YEARWOOD….
3. and now, sit back, kick up your feet and enjoy my THREE favorite songs by MARY CHAPIN CARPENTER…..here they are…..
NUMBER THREE: “QUITTIN’ TIME.”
NUMBER TWO: “DOWN AT THE TWIST AND SHOUT.”
AND MY NUMBER ONE: “NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD.”
4. a super terrific actor has a birthday today…his name is ALAN RICKMAN…and although his name may not be a “household name”, his roles surely are…….ALAN RICKMAN turns 67 years old today…..
i think that he played one of the best movie villains of all time…..he played HANS GRUBER in the classic movie “DIE HARD” with BRUCE WILLIS….
he played the SHERIFF OF NOTTINGHAM in “ROBIN HOOD:PRINCE OF THIEVES.”
millions of people know ALAN RICKMAN as SEVERUS SNAPE in all of the “HARRY POTTER” movies….
but, i beleive, my favorite ALAN RICKMAN role is in one of our household’s favorite movies….he played DR. LAZARUS in “GALAXY QUEST.”
i do believe that ALAN RICKMAN is absolutely one of the ten best actors in the world today….here’s ALAN RICKMAN today at 67……
5. our BROWN COUNTY FAIR released this year’s grandstand acts today, and i have to admit, i’m fairly disappointed…..not being a fan of “new country” puts me in a group that really doesn’t care about this year’s lineup……..”JUSTIN MOORE” “BRANTLEY GILBERT” and “GRETCHEN WILSON.” i’m sure we’ll still go because it’s a great gathering, but i SINCERELY hope that the opening acts are some great “classic” names with tons of hits……..
i personally feel that the SOUTH DAKOTA STATE FAIR, which almost NEVER beats our lineup already had us beat with just one artist named…MARTY STUART……
i have been disappointed in recent years that our fair doesn’t do a “legends” night like they’ve done before with CHARLEY PRIDE, CHARLIE DANIELS BAND, KENNY ROGERS and others…….also, i’m sad that they abandoned the “classic rock” night after having superb shows like “38 SPECIAL,” “JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS”, “PAT BENETAR”, and my favorite “THE LITTLE RIVER BAND.”
keep in mind, i’m just one person and my opinion really doesn’t matter….BUT THIS IS MY BLOG…ha ha…….
6. now, with that said, i’ve always been a huge supporter of the BROWN COUNTY FAIR….in recent decades they have “knocked it out of the ballpark” with their entertainment….former president LARRY GERLACH and the booking company that helped him came up with tremendous nights…i think the best night ever was the combo pack of “BROOKS AND DUNN” and “DIAMOND RIO.” both had just broken with three or four huge hits, and graced our stage……i also remember great shows with PATTY LOVELESS, MARK CHESNUTT, DAN SEALS, MARIE OSMOND, THE MONKEES, and dozens and dozens more….well, i guess you can’t hit a home run every year……
7. JAY’S SOAPBOX:
this is getting so ridiculous…….PEOPLE GET THIER FEELINGS HURT AND HAVE TO PUSH FOR CHANGES ALL THE TIME….here’s the latest…a mother from RHODE ISLAND convinced a major pickle chain to change their name from their current name “KOSHER DILL MIDGETS.” she was offended because her daughter has dwarfism…..
now, i completely sympathize with her on her daughter’s condition…i truly thank GOD all the time that my kids were healthy and continue to be healthy……but here’s the deal…BUY A DIFFERENT JAR OF PICKLES…..geez….WE ARE SO TOUCHY TODAY…..it seems like daily people are suing companies and demanding changes that THEY FEEL are wrong…….SWITCH PICKLE COMPANIES…..TRY A DIFFERENT PICKLE…..in my opinion, this opens the door for ANYBODY who has in issue to railroad a company into making changes because THEY DON’T LIKE IT…..i think it sets a horrible precident….
***it’s like this movement to get my favorite football team in WASHINGTON, D.C. to change their name……THE NAME “REDSKINS” MEANS ONLY HONOR TO ALL OF US WHO CHEER FOR THEM…i have friends who are native americans who have told me that they are honored that our team focuses on thier heritage….i know others that disagree and are offended…once again, CHEER FOR SOMEONE ELSE….find another team….
***i make this vow right now…if my team, the WASHINGTON REDSKINS are railroaded into changing their name, I WILL FIND A NEW TEAM…..i think our owner DAN SNYDER has his feet firmly planted in the ground and won’t let it happen on his watch……..but it sucks that WASHINGTON’S own mayor has opened this jar again….LET IT DIE AND PLAY FOOTBALL……i wear the colors proudly…i wear the emblem proudly……i respect the history of the name…and the game…..enough said….
8. did you hear about this? a 104 year old woman in MICHIGAN wanted to get on FACEBOOK…her granddaughter was helping her when they found out that FACEBOOK wouldn’t accept the year 1908 in their category……FACEBOOK has since said they are working on the problem….but for now, this 104 year old woman is about twenty years younger….AT LEAST ON FACEBOOK….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man walks into his bedroom and sees his wife packing a suitcase.
He asks, ‘What are you doing?’
She answers, ‘I’m moving to Nevada . I heard the “ladies of the evening” out there get paid $400 for doing what I do for you for free.’
Later that night, on her way out, the wife walks into the bedroom & sees her husband packing his suitcase. When she asks him where he’s going, he replies, ‘I’m coming too. I want to see how you live on $800 a year.
OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?
It was opening night at the Orpheum and the Amazing Eileen was topping the bill. People came from miles around to see the famed hypnotist do her stuff.
As the Amazing Eileen took to the stage, she announced, “Unlike most stage hypnotists who invite two or three people up onto the stage to be put into a trance, I intend to hypnotize each and every member of the audience.”
The excitement was almost electric as the Amazing Eileen withdrew a beautiful antique pocket watch from her coat.
“I want you each to keep your eye on this antique watch. It’s a very special watch. Its been in my family for six generations.”
She began to swing the watch gently back and forth while quietly chanting, “Watch the watch, watch the watch, watch the watch…. ”
The crowd became mesmerized as the watch swayed back and forth, light gleaming off its polished surface.
Hundreds of pairs of eyes followed the swaying watch, until suddenly it slipped from the hypnotist’s fingers and fell to the floor, breaking into a hundred pieces.
“CRAP ” said the hypnotist.
It took three weeks to clean up the theatre.
HAVE A TREMENDOUS DAY MY FRIENDS……
remember, you can e-mail me to visit anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org