I WOULD TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS FIRST ONE….
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…..today’s special vehicle is a beautiful 2011 FORD ESCAPE….
1. HERE COME YOUR MONDAY FUNNIES….
i do believe this next one is completely true…..
i giggled out loud at this next one……
and while i GIGGLED at the one above, i LAUGHED OUT LOUD at this next one…..which pretty well fits me….
i have always wondered how pharmacists can read my doctor’s writing…ha ha….
and finally….THIS ONE IS CERTAINLY TRUE….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to actress KAREN GRASSLE who played the wonderful mother CAROLINE INGALLS on “LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.” she turns 71 today….she has always been such a beautiful woman….here she is with MICHAEL LANDON and with all the kids on the show….
here’s KAREN GRASSLE recently, still beautiful at 71……
3. also, i found out this morning that actor JIM BACKUS would have been 100 today…ONE HUNDRED TODAY…how about that? JIM died back in 1989 at the age of 76…..you probably remember him from a couple of great roles including being the voice of “MR. MAGOO.”
however, JIM BACKUS is probably best known as playing multi millionaire THURSTON HOWELL III on “GILLIGAN’S ISLAND.”
here’s a later year picture of JIM BACKUS, and his gravesite as well, as we honor him on what would have been birthday number 100…..
4. WOW…WHAT A GREAT MEAL WE HAD ON SATURDAY NIGHT….we decided to check out the brand new italian eatery in ABERDEEN called “ROMA RISTORANTE ITALIANO”. it’s located in the WARD HOTEL on main street in ABERDEEN…….one word….AMAZING….what i had was equal to, or better than anything i have eaten at OLIVE GARDEN…seriously……they give you bread and dipping sauce as an early appetizer…the bread is wonderful……i had a bowl of italian sausage soup….it was INCREDIBLE….and for a meal, i ordered an italian sausage meal that i cannot spell or remember…ha ha…it had italian sausage, angel hair noodles, onions and green peppers and a red sauce…..AWESOME….SIMPLY AWESOME….the aura is great…the service was wonderful…..and the prices couldn’t be beat……my wife, my mom and I ate for under 40 dollars total…and that included a couple glasses of their finest beverages, if you know what i mean……HIGH RECOMMENDED…I WILL BE GOING BACK SOON…..
5. you know what the loneliest part of our house is? the empty phone jacks…..no more home phone…only cell phones…..everyday i walk by and see the empty phone jacks and i just feel sad for them…actually i don’t, because we’re saving a bit of money not having it….but it still seems weird seeing them empty….
6. i didn’t want to see the movie “IDENTITY THIEF.”….i am a fan of JASON BATEMAN, but i’m not in the least bit a fan of “MIKE AND MOLLY” star MELISSA MCCARTHY….she seems to play the same “over the top” person in ever role….and here’s the kicker…..she stole $40,000 dollars or more from JASON’S character, and they become friends? SERIOUSLY? i know it’s just a movie, but i found her so annoying….my wife liked it though….so, the movie has that going for it…ha ha
7. alright, it’s OSCAR TIME…..i’ll tell you who i was rooting for and who actually won….
MOVIE OF THE YEAR: the winner was “ARGO”….starring BEN AFFLECK….i didn’t pick it…i wanted “LINCOLN” to win…i saw both movies and both are incredible, but to me “LINCOLN” was so much more spectacular……
BEST ACTOR: DANIEL DAY LEWIS…and that’s who i picked…..the movie “LINCOLN” was so incredible…i love movies when you forget you are watching an actor, and you feel like you are watching the actual character…that’s the way i felt with DANIEL DAY LEWIS’ performance as ABRAHAM LINCOLN….well deserved…..and, he becomes the first actor EVER to win the best actor ACADEMY AWARD three times….that’s pretty doggone cool in itself!!!! and that fact that he stayed in character all thru the shooting of the movie is awesome…..
BEST ACTRESS: JENNIFER LAWRENCE for “SILVER LINING PLAYBOOK.” i didn’t see this movie, but i didn’t see the others in this category either….i do like the acting of JENNIFER LAWRENCE, and i did get this one right, by the way….
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: CHRISTOPH WALTZ for “DJANGO UNCHAINED.” i knew he would win, but i was rooting for TOMMY LEE JONES for his performance in “LINCOLN”……(can you tell that i am totally in love with that movie?)……i told my family after watching “DJANGO” that CHRISTOPH would win the best supporting actor, and they all agreed…..here he is with JAMIE FOXX….
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: ANNE HATHAWAY for “LES MISERABLES”….a movie that i can guarantee i will not see…nothing personal, just doesn’t look that great to me…my pick to win this? SALLY FIELD for her performance as “MARY TODD LINCOLN” in “LINCOLN.” i’m sure that ANNE was great, but i thought that SALLY FIELD delivered the role of a lifetime!!!
8. my rating for the host of the OSCARS SETH MCFARLANE? mediocre…don’t get me wrong, i really like SETH’S work, especially on “FAMILY GUY.” and he’s an incredible singer as well…but i thought his monologue went on and on and on and on…..and some of the comments people make at these award shows are just downright MEAN….he wasn’t bad…but he wasn’t great….just middle of the road….i’ll bet he doesn’t take this job again…and maybe it won’t be offered again either….
9. YAY!!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES HAS BEEN RELEASED ON DVD….it, of course, is the horror movie “SINISTER.” great story great effects….had me jumping out of my seat at the theater….but here’s the deal…if you watch it at home, SHUT OFF YOUR CELL PHONE AND TURN THE LIGHTS OFF…it’s the only way to completely enjoy this movie…..good stuff….
i would definetly put “SINISTER” in my top five favorite horror movies of the last few years…..frankly, there have been some dogs, but this one is good….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Just got off the phone with a friend who lives in northern Newfoundland.
She said that since early this morning the snow has been falling and is nearly waist high. The temperature is dropping way below zero and the north wind is increasing to
near gale force.
Her husband has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare.
She says that if it gets much worse, she may have to let him in.
OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE….
A blonde walked into work crying her eyes out and her boss asked her what was wrong. She said that her mom just died. Her boss told her she should take the day off. The blonde replied, “No I need to take my mind off of it.” She went into her office. Her boss said, “I will check on you in a little while.” After an hour the boss went into the office and the blonde was crying even more. He asked her what was wrong?
She answered, ” I just got a call from my sister saying her mom died too!””
HAVE A GREAT WEEK….