I THOUGHT I WOULD START OUT BY TEASING YOU ABOUT SPRING……BE PATIENT..IT IS COMING…(hopefully)
your blog is sponsored by the good people at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….new 2013’s are rolling in all the time, and we finally do have a wonderful selection of FORD EDGE’S and FORD ESCAPES…people are going crazy over these vehicles….
my favorite color of these vehicles is the color ‘DEEP IMPACT BLUE METALLIC’….see if you love this color like i do….
ISN’T THAT A GORGEOUS COLOR? check out all of our vehicles at: http://piersonford.com/ or call us at 1-800-627-1237…..
1. HERE ARE YOUR FUNNIES FOR TODAY….
i thought that being we’re in the middle of the LENTEN season, that we would do some more “holy humor.” so, here it goes….
i wish i would have had the guts to put this sign up at my churches…ha ha…
HAVE YOU EVER HAD DAYS LIKE THE FOLLOWING? i know i have……
okay…unfortunately this next one happens to be true in a lot of cases……
this is for all the people who have said that “church has gone to the dogs.”
and finally…..this one WILL be going up on our church billboard sometime…
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to BRITISH singer KIKI DEE….don’t recognize the name? you WILL recognize her hit song, though……she had a monster 70’s hit with ELTON JOHN….
KIKI DEE is 66 years old today…here’s what she looks like today…..
3. are you ready to sing along? KIKI DEE teamed up with ELTON JOHN for one of the biggest songs of the 70’s….”DON’T GO BREAKIN’ MY HEART.”
4. also, country singer/songwriter SKIP EWING turns 49 today…..he’s my age…i turn 49 on may 5th…….SKIP has a great debut album, but is mostly known for his songwriting including hits like “I BELIEVE” for the band DIAMOND RIO, plus “LOVE ME” for COLLIN RAYE, and “YOU HAD ME FROM HELLO” for KENNY CHESNEY…plus, SKIP EWING has written songs for other artists like GEORGE STRAIT, ANDY WILLIAMS, KEITH WHITLEY, SAWYER BROWN, MERLE HAGGARD and dozens of other artists……
see if you remember SKIP EWING….
but my favorite project of his was his debut album “THE COAST OF COLORADO.”
okay…time to be honest….i had a “run-in” with SKIP EWING at the BROWN COUNTY FAIR back around 1988 or so when i was doing the announcing for the fair……i was so angry at the way i was treated that i went back to my station in LISBON, NORTH DAKOTA and pulled all of his music off the air, plus filed a complaint with MCA RECORDS, his record label…..they offered me an on air interview with SKIP, and i told them, “why the hell would i want to do an interview after what happened?” well, to make a long story even longer, i have since made up with him…i saw him in JAMESTOWN, NORTH DAKOTA years later and he was very nice and genuine…..i had to remember this….even artists can have a bad day….maybe his grandma died that day…maybe someone was very sick…maybe he had a dispute with his record label….whatever it was, I didn’t need to be the one treated the way i was, but, hey, it’s okay now….
and now a funny story about SKIP EWING….a year or so after “the incident”, i was walking across a street in NASHVILLE, when a little sportscar came zipping by really fast and honked at me because i was trying to cross the street…guess who? yep…SKIP EWING….i thought to myself, “how poetic”…ha ha….
here’s what SKIP EWING looks like today at 49…..
5. alright…see if you remember a couple of great solo songs from SKIP EWING….here’s the title of his debut album, “THE COAST OF COLORADO.”
i used to absolutely LOVE his hit song “I DON’T HAVE FAR TO FALL.”
and quite possibly this next one was the biggest of his career…”THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO LUKE.”
6. i have to be honest to you…when i heard that there was a new “WIZARD OF OZ” movie coming out, i was ANGRY…someone had misinformed me and told me it was a “remake” of my favorite movie of all time….i feel there are movies you cannot touch…like “THE WIZARD OF OZ”, “CASABLANCA”, “GONE WITH THE WIND” and others……anyway, i found out later that it wasn’t a remake, but a “prequel” to the story about how the wizard got to OZ….now, i cannot wait to see it…..i’m not a huge JAMES FRANCO fan, but he is playing the wizard……it comes out this friday and i guarantee i will see it this weekend….
and of course, the bad witch is in there, too…
the trailers to the movie have definetly peaked my interest…..as long as they don’t touch the original, i’m okay with that……i just hope all the hype hasn’t killed this one…….i’ll let you know next week….
7. CATFIGHT ALERT….
apparently TAYLOR SWIFT is in a battle of words with TINA FEY AND AMY POEHLER….if you recall, TINA AND AMY threw a slam at TAYLOR during the GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS when they warned her to stay away from MICHAEL J. FOX’S 23 year old son….TAYLOR is well known for documenting her personal life into hit songs…well, TAYLOR SWIFT didn’t take kindly to that slam….in a new VANITY FAIR article, TAYLOR responds by telling them about something KATIE COURIC told her, that “there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” SWIFT also let people know that she has only dated TWO people since 2010…….
frankly, i’m sick and tired of the media having to dig into celebrities personal life…i actually shouldn’t even have written about it, but i wanted to go off on my soapbox again…even though these people are “high profile”, they still should be allowed many freedoms….and knowing the situations around their “love lives” is nothing we should be worried about……we should enjoy actors for their acting, singers for their singing, and leave their personal crap out of it……i frankly don’t care who is dating who…who split up from who, and who’s having financial troubles…..MY OWN PERSONAL LIFE IS TOUGH ENOUGH…ha ha….
8. there’s a new article and news story about about MOTHER TERESA and the fact that she may NOT have been as good to the poor as people thought…….in fact, one article i read called her “a jerk.” okay…now we’ve hit another hot button with me…..DON’T MAKE UP CRAP ABOUT PEOPLE WHEN THEY ARE DEAD AND CANNOT DEFEND THEMSELVES…..geez….this world is just nuts…..
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man phones home from the office and tells his wife, “Something has just come up. I need to go fishing with the boss for the weekend. We leave right away, so can you pack my clothes, my fishing equipment, and my blue silk pajamas? I’ll be home in an hour to pick them up.”
He hurries home, grabs everything and rushes off.
Sunday night, he returns. His wife asks, “Did you have a good trip?”
“Oh yes, great! I think I really impressed the boss. But you forgot to pack my blue silk pajamas.”
“Oh, no I didn’t. I put them in your tackle box.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS….