HEY HOWDY PARTNER!!!! (umm..i’m not a cowboy….ha ha) HAPPY THURSDAY TO YOU MY FRIENDS…..
first of all, i remind you that you are free to contact me anytime you want to…i love chit chatting with my wonderful blog friends…my e-mail is: email@example.com
my wife is a ZOMBIE FREAK…i told you that the other day…..remember when i posted a picture of my son as a zombie? well, my good friend KEVIN, who is so talented with altering photos, sent me a picture of what I would look like as a zombie….(i hope this is years away though…ha ha)
hmmm..some would say i’ve never looked better…NICE WORK KEVIN..KEVIN EM’ COMIN’…..
the blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….hey, if you’re in town for the STATE ‘B’ tournament, stop by PIERSON FORD…i’ve already noticed a lot of out of county vehicles driving thru….we carry the best line of new vehicles…FORD….F-150’S, EDGE’S, ESCAPES,…you name it…plus we have a pre-owned lot full of EVERY MAKE AND MODEL YOU CAN THINK OF……stop by and see us in the auto plaza on north highway 281…..call us at 1-800-627-1237…or check out all of our vehicles at: http://piersonford.com/
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES…..
one of my facebook friends, the lovely MARCELLA, sent me this one…i literally laughed out loud…….
okay…tonight my son MITCHELL and i, and possibly TYLER, are FINALLY going to see the new “WIZARD OF OZ” movie…in tribute to that, i present…..some “WIZARD OF OZ” funnies…..
here’s one for you crazy shopping ladies…i bet you never thought about this!!!!
i have never felt sorry for the witch…until now…..
i think i will post the next thing in my yard…to keep the kids off my grass…..(uh-oh..i sound like an old person…)….
and finally, if I was doing a “WIZARD OF OZ” remake, i would use the following theme….
2. did you happen to catch last saturday night’s version of “SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE?” it was EPIC….lots of oldies brought back…….the opening skit starring JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE was awesome….and wait until you see all of the stars that dropped by…IT WAS AMAZING…please take a few minutes and watch this…you won’t be disappointed…….
and if that’s not enough, two of my FAVORITE CHARACTERS from the first few years of “SNL” made a suprise visit….YOU WILL LOVE THIS…..
3. being in radio for 24 years means that i have listened and watched others who are in that field…today we are going to salute two very famous guys….
first of all, RICK DEES is celebrating birthday number 63 today…..RICK is a legendary announcer out in LOS ANGELES, and has hosted the “RICK DEES WEEKLY TOP 40” for many years…..but he’s also known for a huge hit in 1976…..do you know what it is?
yep, RICK DEES brought us the rollerskating legendary song, “DISCO DUCK.” love the name of his “band.”
here’s RICK DEES today at 63……
4. alright…get ready to sing along and get up and dance…here’s “DISCO DUCK.”
5. i cannot do a radio legends tribute without mentioning “THE KING” of radio guys…WOLFMAN JACK….virtually everybody my age or older has seen or heard “THE WOLFMAN”…from his deep voice to his howl, we loved this guy…check out an early picture of him….
you probably remember him from the movie “AMERICAN GRAFFITI”, where, suprisingly, he plays a disc jockey……
and, WOLFMAN JACK hosted one of my favorite late night music shows…..
WOLFMAN JACK died very suddenly of a massive heart attack back in 1995…..he was only 57 years old…..here’s a picture of his grave in NORTH CAROLINA, and a couple of later year pictures…
6. music lovers, like myself, probably know that WOLFMAN JACK was featured in a couple of 70’s pop music hits….let’s hear them….
the first song, is, no doubt, in my top 25 songs of all time…it’s almost 40 years old and i still sing along whenever i hear it….remember this gem from 1976?
here’s the incredible song….
also, the band “THE GUESS WHO” had a hit about this legendary announcer…..
see if you remember this song….
7. CHARLIE SHEEN is being classy again…apparently his daughter is being bullied in school, which i am completely against, being i was bullied too….bullying is absolutely wrong…it is horrendous….and it can do lifetime damage to a person…i should know…..HOWEVER, bullying someone who is bullying is wrong……here’s what CHARLIE SHEEN said should happen to that school.
“IF YOU HAVE A ROTTEN EGG, SOME TOILET PAPER, OR SOME DOG S*$T, I URGE YOU TO DELIVER IT WITH ‘EXTREME PREJUDICE” TO THE CAMPUS RUN BY TROLLS AND CHARLATANS…MAKE ME PROUD.”
SHEEN even went as far as to urge people to “smear the dog sh@!” all over the front door of school…..classy again, right?
here’s the deal…..i understand that he must be upset…i would be beyond mad if this was me…but there are different ways of handling this situation…smearing dog poop is not one of them….bullying the school is not one of them….
if there is a bright spot in this…CHARLIE SHEEN got to use the word “TROLLS” again…haven’t heard that out of him in quite some time…..
8. NFL rumors are swirling that NEW ENGLAND PATRIOT’S quarterback TOM BRADY is “fuming”, and is “incredible angry” at the PATRIOT’S coaches and owner of their star receiver WES WELKER going to the DENVER BRONCOS….TOM BRADY went as far as to re-do his contract to make room to keep WES WELKER…..TOM AND WES are best of friends, from what i hear….they did a lot of things together on the field and off the field…this has to be devastating to TOM BRADY…..on the bright side for them, and a huge disappointment to me, they grabbed the one guy i wanted my WASHINGTON REDSKINS to pick up….DANNY AMENDOLA….crap…….
bad news for MINNESOTA VIKING’S fans…..REGGIE BUSH is the new running back for the DETROIT LIONS….that could seriously hurt the other division teams…i think he still has a couple of good years in him……
other VIKING’S news…..apparently CHICAGO BEAR’S star BRIAN URLACHER and GREEN BAY star GREG JENNINGS have both met with the MINNESOTA VIKINGS…that would be two incredible deals, if they get them done…….although, they still need a quarterback to get the ball to JENNINGS…i’m not sure CHRISTIAN PONDER is that guy….
MY GUESS? the MINNESOTA VIKINGS will pick up MATT CASSEL, who was just released from the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS…….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A blonde has sharp pains in her side. The doctor examines her and says, “You have acute appendicitis.”
The blonde says, “That’s sweet, doc, but I came here to get medical help.”
OR HOW ABOUT THIS ONE….
A cop pulls over a guy.
“Your eyes are awfully red. Have you been drinking?”
“Gee, officer,” the man says. “Your eyes are awfully glazed — have you been eating doughnuts?”
I ACTUALLY SAID THAT TO A COP FRIEND OF MINE ONE DAY…thank goodness he has a sense of humor….
HAVE A GREAT DAY….