your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….
we have had a number of people coming in lately to talk leases…..people have been leasing the 2013 FORD FUSION, the 2013 FORD FOCUS and the 2013 FORD F-150 among other vehicles…..find out if you qualify to lease? have you ever thought about it? contact us at PIERSON FORD and we will work with you….we’re in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN…or call us at 1-800-627-1237.
1. HERE COME YOUR MONDAY FUNNIES….
this one kind of goes with the one from above……
here is one for the LADIES….
this next one is definetly true for me…
i’m shocked that my kids didn’t think of the next one…
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to one of my top five country singers of all time…CHARLEY PRIDE….i had the opportunity to sit in his trailer and talk with him when he was at the BROWN COUNTY FAIR in ABERDEEN back in the 90’s….he was incredibly nice…he spilled his guts to me about his breakup with RCA RECORDS because of new acts like “ALABAMA”….CHARLEY PRIDE was the number two selling artist at RCA RECORDS at the time, only behind the legendary EDDY ARNOLD…..typical NASHVILLE stupid business decisions…..well, CHARLEY PRIDE didn’t let that get him down….he is still out touring, and was still making records on his own a few years back…GOOD FOR HIM….
here’s CHARLEY PRIDE quite a few years ago…
CHARLEY PRIDE is one of those rare artists that you can go see in concert and could NEVER hear every hit that he has had….he’s had a bundle of them….classics like “KISS AN ANGEL GOOD MORNING”, “IS ANYBODY GOING TO SAN ANTONE?”, “BURGERS AND FRIES”, and dozens and dozens of other hits….
these are my top three favorite CHARLEY PRIDE albums….
the great CHARLEY PRIDE is 75 today….here is what he looks like today….
oh, and one more thing…did you know that CHARLEY PRIDE tried out for a major league baseball career? yes he did…from what i have heard and read, he was one AMAZING baseball player….well, baseball has always been close to CHARLEY’S heart…and in 2010 he became part owner of the TEXAS RANGERS….baseball has always been in his blood….
3. HOW ABOUT SOME CHARLEY PRIDE MUSIC?
here’s the classic “KISS AN ANGEL GOOD MORNING.”
“IS ANYBODY GOIN’ TO SAN ANTONE?”
and finally, here’s “THE SNAKES CRAWL AT NIGHT.”
4. singer/songwriter/choreographer IRENE CARA has a birthday today…she’s 54 today……i’m sure you remember IRENE CARA from great hits like the following….
here’s what IRENE CARA looked like back in the day…
and here’s what she looks like today at 49…..
5. it wouldn’t be fair unless we played some IRENE CARA music, too…
here’s “FLASHDANCE (WHAT A FEELING)”…
and how about “FAME.”
6. what about the beautiful young lady who starred in “FLASHDANCE?” here name is JENNIFER BEALS…..and she’s the same age as me…she’s 49…i turn 49 on may 5th…….she was and is such a gorgeous woman….
here’s JENNIFER BEALS today at 49…still a knockout….
7. I’M KICKING MYSELF TODAY….SERIOUSLY….i have always wanted to see BOB SEGER AND THE SILVER BULLET BAND in concert….well, i missed my chance this weekend and i’m sick about it…..i’ve talked to numerous people who went to FARGO to see BOB SEGER and KID ROCK and they are all raving about the show….even though BOB SEGER is 67, they said he sounded like he did in the 70’s……DOGGONE IT……well, hopefully he will make another appearance up here soon…..here are some photos from the FARGO show…..
8. a movie that we wanted to see HAS BOMBED….the new STEVE CARRELL/JIM CARREY movie “THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE” only made 10 million dollars in the opening weekend…that is horrible for a movie with that kind of star power….some HOLLYWOOD “insiders” say that this could have been the final chance for JIM CARREY to “star” in a movie…i doubt that is the case…he’s an incredible talent….oh well, i’m sure JEANNIE AND I will still go see it….
9. for those of you out of the area, there was a horrible accident in SIOUX FALLS this past week….an accident that stuns and saddens every parent that hears about it….a six year old boy was apparently drowning in the “FALLS” area in SIOUX FALLS….his 16 year old sister and a complete stranger dove in after him…the six year old boy was saved….his sister and the other guy drowned….their bodies weren’t found until a day or two later…just breaks your heart…..these poor families……one family is celebrating their son being saved, while mourning their daughter dying….another family is mourning their family member who was a hero…….IN FACT, THEY ARE BOTH HEROES…..
10. one of my besties MICHELLE posted this on facebook and brought back tons of memories….
we used to have a RED OWL in BRITTON…..it brings back memories of my childhood…and especially now with my dad dying six months ago…he was a stock boy at RED OWL in BRITTON when he got out of high school…..precious memories……
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A man has six children and is very proud of his achievement. He is so proud of
himself, that he starts calling his wife,”Mother of Six ” in spite of her
One night, they go to a party. The man decides that it’s
time to go home and wants to find out if his wife is ready to leave as well. He
shouts across the room at the top of his voice, “Shall we go home Mother of
His wife, irritated by her husband’s lack of discretion shouts
right back, “Anytime you’re ready, Father of Four.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY….