hey, thank you for reading my blog…it makes it so much fun knowing that thousands of people read this every week…do me a favor…tell other people about it…..and remember, you can always contact me and talk with me at the following address:
well, here we go….HOLY WEEK….this is a week that really drains pastors…..i will actually be up at my churches on wednesday, thursday, friday and sunday of this week….it is exhausting, but it’s also enriching and POWERFUL….and i actually look forward to the services….lots of emotions…i call this week an “emotional rollercoaster.” hopefully it’s rewarding for you, too…
i saw this photo over the weekend and it amazed me…..really puts the story into today’s perspective….
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….
we are winding down our month…still lots of time to get in for incredible lease specials, and marked down prices on pre-owned vehicles…..and the incentives on the new vehicles are OUT OF THIS WORLD….imagine getting a FORD F-150 for thousands off….it’s happening right now….stop by and see us in the auto plaza, NORTH HIGHWAY 281 IN ABERDEEN…or give us a call at 1-800-627-1237.
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES….
this should get the attention of the “shaving world.”
this next one is an old joke…but still hilarious….
okay…i have to admit….i LAUGHED OUT LOUD at the next one…..
this next one makes you think….
2. it was “date day” with my wife yesterday….we don’t get a lot of chances to do that anymore with our busy and hectic schedules…..we have wanted to see the STEVE CARRELL movie “THE INCREDIBLE BURT WONDERSTONE”, but we were leary after finding out that it bombed HORRIBLY at the box office…it only garnered around 9 or 10 million dollars on opening weekend….and that’s bad news……well, to make a long story even longer, WE LOVED IT….it was very funny…….STEVE CARRELL is hilarious…..JIM CARREY is very good in this role, and STEVE BUSCEMI is always good……and the very lovely and sexy OLIVIA WILDE is great as thier assistant……ALAN ARKIN plays the hilarious role of the mentor to the magicians….he’s funny, as usual in this movie…..
do we recommend this? ABSOLUTELY…it’s not going to win any major awards, but sometimes those movies are the best…..it’s a fun movie to just kick back, grab a bucket of popcorn and a soft drink, and enjoy……..in fact, we REALLY enjoyed it…..
3. speaking of movies, we watched “THE TERMINATOR” the other night on one of the movie channels……remember that? ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER and LINDA HAMILTON starred in it…..so, it got me thinking, wondering what LINDA HAMILTON is up to today…let’s find out….
LINDA HAMILTON has starred in many different roles, including the tv hit “BEAUTY AND THE BEAST” with RON PERLMAN…
however, she is mostly known for playing SARAH CONNOR in “TERMINATOR” one and two movies……
LINDA HAMILTON also hard a short lived marriage to “TITANIC” director JAMES CAMERON….
LINDA HAMILTON is now 56 years old…here’s what she looks like today….
4. actress BONNIE BEDELIA is having a birthday today…she turns 65, which is very hard for me to believe……you might remember her for starring as drag racer SHIRLEY MULDOWNEY in the 1983 movie “HEART LIKE A WHEEL.” in fact, BONNIE was nominated for a GOLDEN GLOBE for this movie….
most of us remember this beauty for playing BRUCE WILLIS’ wife on the “DIE HARD” movies…..here she is with one of the best villains i have ever seen….ALAN RICKMAN…….
she currently stars with CRAIG T. NELSON in the hit tv show “PARENTHOOD.”
here’s BONNIE BEDELIA today at 65….the second photo is with actress PATRICIA ARQUETTE…..
5. you probably don’t know the name DAVID RANTA….but he’s a hard luck story if i’ve ever heard one…..DAVID RANTA was released from prison last week after being found that he was held unfairly for TWENTY THREE YEARS for a murder he didn’t commit…..the reunion with family would make anyone tear up….well, as fate would have it, he was released….and the very next day has a very bad heart attack…..and it was a bad one…..he’s expected to make it, but what horrible luck……..
6. want to see a hilarious commercial? maybe you have seen it before…..it features two legends of basketball…coach BOBBY KNIGHT and coach DIGGER PHELPS….their coaching antics are legendary…and APPLEBEES put them in a commercial…FUNNY FUNNY STUFF….check it out….
7. all the HOLLYWOOD talk is on “THE TONIGHT SHOW” replacing JAY LENO with JIMMY FALLON….”THE TONIGHT SHOW” is one of the most coveted jobs in entertainment history….JACK PARR, JOHNNY CARSON…complete icons in the business…..all the rumors and talk are about JAY LENO getting released from his contract and JIMMY FALLON taking over…..here’s my take…JIMMY FALLON has made incredible strides with his late night show…his first year was very uncomfortable to watch…but he’s doing well…JAY LENO, on the other hand, to me, has become very “mechanical.” he stares at the cue cards when he’s talking, and he seems almost bored with what he’s doing…..i’ve never been a huge JAY LENO fan….i wanted DAVID LETTERMAN to get that job years ago….although DAVID’S saracastic ways would have turned off some “TONIGHT SHOW” older viewers…….time will tell…maybe JIMMY FALLON will become the next “JOHNNY CARSON.” wait a minute..i CANNOT believe i just said that…there will NEVER EVER EVER be another JOHNNY CARSON….
8. JOKE OF THE DAY:
wife texts her husband on a cold winter’s morning:
“windows frozen…won’t open.”
husband texts her back:
“gently pour some lukewarm water over it.”
wife texts back five minutes later:
“great..now our computer is REALLY screwed up.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY…