HOWDY PARTNERS…BE CAREFUL TODAY…IT’S “APRIL FOOLS DAY”…….i was going to play a prank on you guys, but i’m getting too old.. ha ha…
i hope you all had a blessed EASTER…we did….long day though…up at 3:30am, back in bed by 10 last night……
****have to share the funniest thing i have heard and seen in a long time….yesterday at my church service in HECLA, i did a children’s sermon for around 25 kids or so……i had bought some plastic eggs and placed a glow in the dark cross and a note from JESUS inside each egg for the kids……as i was handing them out, a little boy probably three to four years old was yanking on my pants saying…”LORD, LORD, CAN I HAVE A GREEN EGG? PLEASE LORD?” it was absolutely hilarious….OUT OF THE MOUTH OF KIDS, HUH?
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…new month…new deals…..stop by today and check out what’s happening for APRIL….we’ll find out from FORD soon what the lease specials are for the month…i’m sure they’ll be like the last few months and be INCREDIBLE…..
hey, one thing i haven’t talked about much is the fact that PIERSON FORD can order you a vehicle, specially made for you…….stop by and we’ll sit you down with one of our managers, and they can “build” the vehicle that you want…it’s pretty amazing…they take around 8-10 weeks to get in, but they’re made to your liking…….
PIERSON FORD is in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN….call us toll free at 1-800-627-1237……
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES…..
i have always threatened to go to the dentist the next way…..
ALL OF A SUDDEN I’M THIRSTY….
i used to LOVE this song…i just didn’t know what the song was about….rabbits?
this next one is HILARIOUS…and is dedicated to three women that i love……
and finally, this one could fit many families i know…especially mine…ha ha….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out to actress-singer-dancer JANE POWELL….she turns 84 today…you probably remember her from movies like “SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS,” “ROYAL WEDDING” and many more…TRIVIA TIME: did you know that JANE was put into her starring role in “ROYAL WEDDING” because JUNE ALLYSON became pregnant? and JUDY GARLAND got sick…how’s that for luck, huh?
she also had a role for nine months on the 80’s soap opera “LOVING.” JANE POWELL is 84 today, and i didn’t realize that she is married to former child star DICKIE MOORE…DICKIE was on of the stars of “OUR GANG”, which became “THE LITTLE RASCALS.” in fact, he’s one of the only living members of that group….they married in 1988……
here is JANE POWELL today, and one with her loving hubby……
3. i don’t know why, but recently i was thinking about a 1975 movie that i loved…..
the movie starred cute young kids KIM RICHARDS and IKE EISENMAN…
the movie also starred “GREEN ACRES” star EDDIE ALBERT, who died in 2005 at the age of 99…..
also in the movie was actor DONALD PLEASENCE…..he died in 1995 at the age of 75…you probably remember him also from the “HALLOWEEN” horror movies……
what are the kids doing today? well, KIM RICHARDS is my age…she’s 48…IKE EISENMANN turned 50 last year….here they are recently…..
4. well, i had mentioned last week that my wife and i probably didn’t have time this weekend to go to see the movie “THE HOST”….well, we found time saturday night…and both wish we HADN’T found the time….the movie was not very good…JEANNIE had also read the book and thought the movie was very weak……i didn’t realize this movie was based on a book by the “TWILIGHT” series writer…..i didn’t realize it was an alien LOVE STORY….UGH…but, i agreed to go…….didn’t captivate either one of us…..some pretty dumb dialogue too…i would call part of the movie VERY CHEESEY……
i told my wife that now that i went to that one with her, she has to go this coming weekend to a movie i want to see……the remake of the classic horror movie “THE EVIL DEAD” comes out this weekend…that movie terrorized me in the 80’s……..i cannot WAIT to see the new one….it’s supposed to be more terrifying than the first one……so far no word on whether my wife will go or not….she says “no”, but i think i can convince her…..
5. UGH…yesterday’s freak accident in the DUKE-LOUISVILLE men’s basketball game was GRUESOME…it was GROSS….did you see it? by now you probably have…..I AM NOT GOING TO POST THE VIDEO HERE, BECAUSE IT IS TOO AWFUL……a LOUISVILLE player by the name of KEVIN WARE appears to make a fairly normal landing out of the air after trying to block a shot, but his leg crumbles underneath him…and apparently a bone was sticking out of his leg……his leg looked like a limp piece of meat……it was so horrible…..the players were crying…the coaches were crying…it was very tough to watch……he apparently was having surgery last night, and even told his fellow players as he was being carried out to “forget about him and just win the game.” in which they did…..
6. time stops for no one…..and it’s amazing to watch our child stars grow up….remember ANNA CHLUMSKY? she played the cute little girl in the 1991 movie “MY GIRL.”
she is now already 32 years old and is EXPECTING HER FIRST CHILD….congratulations to her…ANNA also stars in the HBO series “VEEP.” here she is today…still gorgeous….
7. we had EASTER dinner yesterday at my brother and sister in laws…..they always put on a great meal and a great day of entertainment…..one of the highlights that i look foward to is my sister in law’s mom, who makes THE BEST HOMEMADE BUNS….they are actually the best homemade buns i’ve tasted since my GRANDMA’S back in the early to mid 70’s……yesterday i had two or three of them without anything on them as we watched the basketball games and played cards….YUMMY…….(DOROTHY, IF YOU’RE READING THIS, I WOULD TAKE A DOZEN…) ha ha…how’s that for begging, huh?
8. major league baseball’s regular season opened up last night…it was funny because the TEXAS RANGERS are expected to challenge for the WORLD SERIES this year, and the HOUSTON ASTRO’S are expected to be the worst team in baseball….well, the ASTRO’S are, for today, the BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL…they won the opening game, so they are the only team at 1-0 so far….but that won’t last long…the entire league kicks off today, and experts expect the ASTRO’S to fall tremendously…by the way, this is the first year for them to be in the AMERICAN LEAGUE….
***as far as my MINNESOTA TWINS go, they are projected to NOT lose almost a hundred games like they did the last two seasons, but they’re not expected to come even close to winning the division…i guess if they can play .500 ball they’ll be successful….i’m not quite sure they can even do that…..but i will hold out hope for my favorite team….stranger things have happened…..
9. JOKE OF THE DAY: (and a goodie)
this man was touring the holy land with his wife and his mother in law….when all of a sudden his mother in law died……they talked to an undertaker in the holy land, and he told the guy that it would cost around $8,000 dollars to send her body home for burial, or they could bury her in the holy land for $100 dollars…..the man thought for awhile and said, “i think i’d better pay to send her home….i hear stories about a man they buried over here that came back to life three days later….AND I JUST CAN’T TAKE THAT CHANCE…”….
LOVE THAT JOKE…..HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS….
contact me anytime at: