first of all, and most importantly, happy birthday to my baby sister KRISTA….she is 20 years younger than me……and she is a beautiful woman and a great mama to her daughter BRICELYN….
speaking of my darling niece BRICELYN, she comes to our church in HECLA, along with her mama and daddy, and her grandmother, which is, of course, my mama….anyway, BRICELYN just melts my heart at church…she barely gets into the church and she’s reaching for me….i carry her until i have to get ready for church…as i start church, she is a few pews from me waving at me, and sometimes saying my name……when they come up for children’s church, she automatically comes to me…….she is such a beautiful little girl……(and obviously uncle JAY is her favorite)……here we are together at church a couple of weeks back…..
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….well, the deals keep coming….FORD has new incentives for the month of april…make sure to stop by and see what they are……we just added a whole bunch of new vehicles to our PRE-OWNED lot……we put a nice FORD ESCAPE out there…..a really nice FORD EDGE…and pickups galore….check out our inventory at: http://piersonford.com/
1. in the coming weeks, i will be putting pictures on here of all the celebrities i have met…in my 24 years of radio i have met dozens and dozens of stars…..i’ll share pictures and tell you stories about my encounters with them….
my first one is JOHN SCHNEIDER from “THE DUKES OF HAZARD.”
EXTREMELY NICE MAN….we met in FLORIDA at a CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK promotion…..JOHN along with MARIE OSMOND formed this group……and because of this group, millions of children are being helped out……..JOHN was at our event, and made himself very accessable. this picture was taken in the steakhouse/tavern part of the hotel…he was hanging out with his mom…..i LOVE it when guys make thier mom so special that they bring them to big events like this….you can tell that his mom is one of the most important, if not THE MOST IMPORTANT person in his life…….i very much enjoyed meeting JOHN SCHNEIDER…..the love and passion that you see when he talks about the CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK is real…..he is not one of those “fakey HOLLYWOOD” types…..very genuine……
2. this past friday night was our “ADULT PROM” in WARNER at the DAGO…..our local sports bar hosted this first, and hopefully annual event…….we went downtown WARNER and had a delicious supper, and then the grand march was held…….here are a couple of prom pictures of me, and the most beautiful woman i have ever seen in my life……..
they had karaoke as well….hardly anybody sang while we were there…..after the prom, a few of us crashed our kid’s party in ABERDEEN….that was hilarious….i don’t think our boys expected their parents to show up at their party…ALL DRESSED UP….ha ha……great night…the worst part? we didn’t get home until 2AM….i can’t do that anymore…here it is monday and my butt is still dragging…….KUDOS TO THE DAGO FOR A JOB WELL DONE……
3. FOUR TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ISN’T IT APRIL? geez….the weather guru’s are predicting that much snow for our area in the next 48 hours, however, we’re on the fringe of the area that could get over a FOOT….i’m serious…..i’m going to PUXATAWNY, PENNSYLVANIA WITH A SHOTGUN…that rodent needs to die…….
speaking of weather, it is april 8th, and a friend of mine told me today that there is still THIRTY INCHES of snow and ice on the lakes around LAKE CITY, SOUTH DAKOTA, which is in the far northeastern corner of our state……(my home area…)…..
4. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES…..
umm…i dont’ think this is what these words mean…..
“i told my friend that my car was ‘souped up’ and he should do the same.” IDIOT….
i didn’t know that even fish had marriage problems….
have you ever wondered what pigs put their money in? umm…do you REALLY want to know?
and finally, some alligator humor……
5. last night my beautiful bride and i sat down to watch “LINCOLN.” i was watching the MINNESOTA WILD play hockey, and JEANNIE mentioned that she wanted to watch a movie…so, i abandoned my hockey plans and spent some quality time with her…..which i had more fun at……
my wife enjoyed it……not as much as i did, but she liked it…JEANNIE isn’t in to politics at all, so when the movie got political over slavery and other stuff, it kind of lost her…….but she did say that the acting was phenominal……and she is right……
6. we lost a couple of great women in the past day…….first of all, “THE IRON LADY”, MARGARET THATCHER died at 87……she was the first female PRIME MINISTER in GREAT BRITAIN…..and she was a ferocious leader that didn’t let anybody get in the way when she wanted something…….
i truly believe that she will go down as one of the greatest world leaders of all time….here is MARGARET THATCHER in the past couple of years…..
i don’t know if you saw the movie about MARGARET THATCHER or not…but it’s pretty good…MERYL STREEP starred in “THE IRON LADY.” it was a lot different than i thought it would be, but it was still very good…here’s MERYL STREEP as “MAGGIE THATCHER.”
7. and, earlier today we lost one of the original MOUSEKETEERS…..ANNETTE FUNICELLO died at the age of 70….she died today of complications from multiple sclerosis…..she apparently was taken off life support and died……i’m sure everybody remembers this cutie…..
supposedly she was hand picked by WALT DISNEY himself…..she also appeared in many movies with FRANKIE AVALON….
here is a recent picture of ANNETTE FUNICELLO and one with her and FRANKIE AVALON….
8. ready for some “THEN AND NOW?” here are some celebrities that we will feature today….
remember the twin girls from the DAN AYKROYD and JOHN CANDY movie “THE GREAT OUTDOORS?”
their names are HILARY AND REBECCA GORDON…and gues what? they are now 35 years old!!! here’s what they look like today…..
remember the great movie “THE GOONIES?” remember the guy who played “CHUNK?”
his name is JEFF COHEN and is definetly not a “CHUNK” anymore…he is now 38 years old….
one of my favorite actors is GENE WILDER….he starred in “WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY”, plus the movies with RICHARD PRYOR called “STIR CRAZY”, and “SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL.” he has been in dozens of other films, too, but i think my favorites are “WILLY WONKA” and, of course, “YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.”
by the way, my second favorite movie behind the “WIZARD OF OZ”, is “WILLY WONKA.”
GENE WILDER is now 79 years old…that’s hard to beleive…..he will turn 80 in a few months…..here he is today…
remember the JAMES BOND movie “MOONRAKER” from 1979? remember the BOND girl named “DR. HOLLY GOODHEAD?” she was played by actress LOIS CHILES….
LOIS is now 65 years old……here she is today….
and finally, actor SAM JONES played “FLASH GORDON” in the movie of the same name in the 80’s….SAM has received a bit of a revival thanks to the movie “TED”…..that’s the SETH MCFARLANE movie about a talking bear…….here he is back in the movie….
SAM JONES is now 58…here he is today…
9. our sympathies are going out to PASTOR RICK WARREN…he wrote the devotional “PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE”, which has sold over 30 million copies…..sad news…his 27 year old son MATTHEW committed suicide over the weekend….he apparently had been suffering from depression…..my heart just breaks for him…..here’s PASTOR RICK in case you forgot what he looked like….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A funeral service is held for a woman who just passed away. As the pallbearers carry the casket out, they accidentally bump into a wall.
They hear a faint moan. They open the casket and find that the woman is actually alive.
She lives for 10 more years and then dies. They have another funeral for her. At the end of the service, the pallbearers carry out the casket.
As they are walking, the husband cries out, “Watch out for the wall!”
HOW ABOUT ONE SILLY ONE?
A man cheats on his girlfriend named Lorraine with a girl named Clearly.
Suddenly, Lorraine died.
At the funeral, the man stands up and sings, “I can see Clearly now, Lorraine is gone.”
WOW…THAT WAS BAD EVEN BY MY STANDARDS…HA HA….
HAVE A GREAT DAY…