I’M SAD…VERY SAD TODAY….one of my favorite singers has left this world….GEORGE JONES died at the age of 81…….”THE POSSUM”, as he was called, has had health problems for recent years, but it didn’t stop him from going on the road…he was set to play his final concert this fall in NASHVILLE, with dozens of country stars planning on being there to honor him…..i hope the show still goes on…..
GEORGE JONES sings my favorite song of all time in country music…..”WALK THRU THIS WORLD WITH ME.”
here are some early photos of the legendary GEORGE JONES…
here’s GEORGE JONES and TAMMY WYNETTE when they were married and called “THE PRESIDENT AND FIRST LADY OF COUNTRY MUSIC.”
i had the opportunity to meet GEORGE JONES a couple of times….this one was taken in BISMARCK, N.D. back when he was touring with MERLE HAGGARD and CONWAY TWITTY…man, what a show!!!
here’s GEORGE JONES in the recent year…..trust me on this…THERE WILL NEVER EVER EVER BE ANOTHER GEORGE JONES…..all i can say is REST IN PEACE GEORGE…YOU’VE EARNED IT….
here are a couple of other great tunes by GEORGE JONES…
i used to LOVE this one…”YOU GOTTA BE MY BABY.” this is a classic video with the great TEX RITTER introducing him….
and finally, the classic, standard, all time country hit “HE STOPPED LOVING HER TODAY.”
1. today’s blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…if you haven’t been out here yet, hurry…..our “ALL OUT BLOWOUT” continues thru the end of the month, which is tuesday….zero percent on some new vehicles….2.9 percent on some pre-owned vehicles…..free pop and popcorn in the showroom…..100 percent finance approval, and with every purchase, 100 dollars in groceries at KEN’S SUPER FAIR FOODS….trust me..it’s the PERFECT time to stop by…….we’re open until 6pm tonight, (friday), till 5pm on saturday, and until 7:00 on monday and tuesday….
for more information contact us at 1-800-627-1237.
2. HOW ABOUT SOME FUNNIES TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD…
this is kind of our motto around the house…ha ha…
DOGGONE IT…I WANTED BANANAS WITH BONES IN THEM…
kids….don’t have any ideas for MOM for MOTHER’S DAY? check this out….
i know a lot of wives that feel this next way…..
ATTENTION TANNERS….pay attention to this before summertime…ha ha…
3. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? legendary funny woman CAROL BURNETT turns 80 today…EIGHTY YEARS OLD….i just can’t get that thru my head….it doesn’t seem right that she could be that age…but, she looks fantastic for 80………CAROL BURNETT has been a legendary comedian for decades….and, of course, starred in “THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW”, which was a staple of our tv watching when i was a kid….
here’s a photo of the cast members of this incredible show….
and here’s the great CAROL BURNETT just a month ago….HAPPY 80TH CAROL…WE ALL LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!
4. do you have ten minutes to spare? check out these hilarious CAROL BURNETT SHOW bloopers….
5. well, besides working and doing church services, we don’t have a lot planned for the weekend…except one thing….we are definetly going to the movie “THE BIG WEDDING.” wow…what an all star cast…and it looks hilarious….
how can you go wrong with ROBERT DENIRO, DIANE KEATON, ROBIN WILLIAMS and the other talented group…..a couple of critics have bashed the movie which means one thing…I WILL LOVE IT…my wife and i usually are the direct opposite of what critics think……i will let you know on monday….
6. remember how i’ve talked about my beautiful niece BRICELYN? and how she clings to me in church? take a look at these pictures my sister posted…..the first one is BRICELYN helping me do my children’s sermon….
she is just so doggone adorable and loveable…….
7. the NFL DRAFT was last night…well, at least round one…..i think the MINNESOTA VIKING’S came out the big winners last night……my REDSKINS don’t have a pick until tonight……
8. my MINNESOTA WILD must win tonight in their home game against the EDMONTON OILERS….from what i can see, if the WILD win, they are in the playoffs……i hope they don’t take this thing down to the last game of the season…GO WILD!!!
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A blonde pushes her BMW into a gas station. She tells the mechanic it died. After he works on it for a few minutes, it is idling smoothly. she says “so what’s the story with my car.” the mechanic says, “just crap in the carbureter.” the blonde says, “okay, and how often do i have to do that?”
a blonde was hanging out with friends playing trivial pursuit, when she landed on “science and nature.” her question was, “if you were in a vacuum and somebody talks to you, will you hear them?” she thinks for awhile and says, “it depends on whether it’s on or off.”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND…