WELL, I COULDN’T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF….
just want to remind you that if you ever want to get ahold of me and chat, or give me comments on the blog, you can contact me at the following e-mail:
BIG NEWS FROM PIERSON FORD!!!! our “9th annual all out blowout” has been extended thru tuesday at 7pm…that’s this tuesday april 30th….we have had tremendous success with this sale….it usually is held at KEN’S SUPER FAIR FOODS parking lot, but do to the huge piles of snow, we are having it on our lot in the auto plaza, north highway 281, ABERDEEN….
****100 percent finance approval
****payments as low as $99 dollars per month
****over five million dollars in inventory needs to be moved….
****new vehicle lease payments as low as $169 per month….
****BIG DEAL….100 dollars in KEN’S groceries with every vehicle sold….
for more information call us at: 1-800-627-1237…..
1. TIME TO TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE…TODAY’S FUNNIES…
ummm…i think it’s time to hire a SIGN PROOFER….WOW….
WARNING: WATCH YOUR WORDS WHEN A COP STOPS YOU….
this next one is dedicated to my specials friends…whose names i cannot remember….
this next one is funny, but SAD AND TRUE….ha ha…
and, sometimes this next one is sad, but true as well…
2. today we’re saluting three music legends who are celebrating birthdays today and tomorrow….first of all, an all time country music legend…
WILLIE NELSON TURNS 80 ON TUESDAY…….how about that? i’m sure he’s ready to party…ha ha…
WILLIE NELSON got his start decades ago, mostly as a songwriter at first…..he wrote the classic “FUNNY HOW TIME SLIPS AWAY” which has been recorded by dozens and dozens of stars….he also wrote “HELLO WALLS” for FARON YOUNG, “PRETTY PAPER”, which he and many others recorded, and, WILLIE NELSON wrote the all time country standard “CRAZY” for PATSY CLINE….you’ll be able to hear that song in just a bit…..
many people have never seen WILLIE NELSON without a beard…but, you my friends get to….
here’s WILLIE NELSON in the 70’s and 80’s, featuring a classic album, and a great movie he was in that had a SUPERB soundtrack…..
what happens when you put four music icons in one group? you get “THE HIGHWAYMEN.”
and here’s the great WILLIE NELSON just a month of two ago…including one with SHERYL CROW….
WILLIE sure doesn’t look or act 80…probably his famous “WACKEE TOBACEE” that we always hear about…..
3. what’s a birthday salute without some great WILLIE NELSON music…
here’s an all time legend PATSY CLINE performing WILLIE NELSON’S classic song, “CRAZY.”
when i was a senior in 1982, there was no bigger song than WILLIE NELSON’S “ALWAYS ON MY MIND.”
and how about one from the “HIGHWAYMEN”…their big tune was called, appropriately, “THE HIGHWAYMAN.”
4. also tomorrow, 50’s and 60’s great BOBBY VEE turns 70…..i’m sure you know by now, but BOBBY is suffering from alzheimers right now….we sure wish him the best….
BOBBY VEE has one of those “incredible” success stories…..he’s a FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA native, and on “THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED,” he filled in for BUDDY HOLLY, THE BIG BOPPER, AND RICHIE VALENS after they were killed in a plane crash heading to MOORHEAD, MINNESOTA…..his band “THE SHADOWS” backed him up, and the rest, as they say, is musical history…that one night propelled him to decades of musical success…..
***and by the way, my mama had a horrible crush on BOBBY VEE when he was younger….and i understand why…what a nice looking young man….
my mom had a lot of his albums, and i grew up listening to them…here’s one of my favorites…..
we wish BOBBY VEE the absolute best, and we thank him for the wonderful music he provided for us for decades…..here’s BOBBY VEE in recent years….
READY TO ROCK AND ROLL? here are a couple of BOBBY VEE hits….first of all, “THE NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND EYES.”
here’s “RUBBER BALL.”
my all time favorite BOBBY VEE song is “COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW UP.” it’s also the favorite of both of my brothers as well…..
5. and finally, a birthday TODAY….60’s rocker TOMMY JAMES turns 66 today…..he was the frontman of “TOMMY JAMES AND THE SHONDELLS.” they had huge hits like “CRIMSON AND CLOVER,” “HANKY PANKY”, “I THINK WE’RE ALONE NOW”, and many other hits….remember him?
here’s TOMMY JAMES today at 66…..
6. hopefully you’re not getting tired of music…ha ha….here’s TOMMY JAMES AND THE SHONDELLS with “CRIMSON AND CLOVER.”
and “HANKY PANKY.”
7. NFL NEWS:
***TIM TEBOW has been released by the NEW YORK JETS…here’s my take…this guy takes a lot of undue criticism from people…..I ADMIRE HIM BECAUSE OF HIS FAITH AND WHO HE IS….i wish other people had the courage to come out and talk about their faith…….TIM does that…and gets ridiculed and picked on for it……i sincerely hope he gets another shot in the NFL, or turns his life into ministry or some outreach program that helps people….he is truly a disciple…..
***a couple of teams who had superstars on their teams have now signed the former player’s boys……the SAN FRANCISCO 49’ERS had a heyday back when JOE MONTANA quarterbacked the team….now his son, NATE MONTANA has been invited to 49’ERS camp to tryout…and yes, he is a quarterback, just like his papa…..
***also, MINNESOTA VIKING’S great CRIS CARTER has his namesake trying out for his beloved VIKINGS….DURON CARTER has been invited to minicamp with the purple and gold….and yes, he is a wide receiver just like dear ole dad…..
sounds like the apples didn’t fall far from the trees……
8. one more sporting story…..HOW ABOUT MY MINNESOTA WILD? they made the playoffs for the first time in five years, by literally limping into them…they could have secured the season saturday night, instead they were dominated 6-1 by a team that is pretty sad this year….AND IT WAS AT HOME IN ST. PAUL!!! but, last night, the WILD went to DENVER and took care of the AVALANCE to make the playoffs….
the MINNESOTA WILD start their playoffs tuesday night with a series against the very powerful CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS…absolutely nobody in the mainstream media is giving them a chance….remember you heard it hear first….the WILD will challenge them….the WILD have a chance to win this series…..it’s NUMBER ONE SEED CHICAGO AGAINST NUMBER EIGHT SEED MINNESOTA…..my favorite hockey team played CHICAGO tight all season long, even winning one in a shootout…..i think they can do it…..
9. my mama always taught me that it’s better to not say anything at all instead of talking bad about someone or something…….well, i would like to live by the formula, but i critique movies for a living on this blog….so, with that said…..
the movie “THE BIG WEDDING” was horribly disappointing….with an all star cast of ROBERT DENIRO, SUSAN SARANDON, DIANE KEATON, TOPHER GRACE and others, it should have been a dominant hit…..but the credits started at the end and my wife said “well, that wasn’t very good.” very predictable….jokes were sometimes not very funny…….just didn’t click…..huh…i guess the movie naysayers were right this time…..but, keep in mind, to each his own…if you want to see it go…..we just didn’t care for it….
10. man am i in pain….i had an infection in my big toe and this morning the doctor sedated my toe and removed the big toenail…..here’s the deal, i hate feet anyway…and to have someone working on it was not fun…..i didn’t feel the removal because of pain meds, but now….THROBBING PAIN…would like to be home with my foot up, but that’s not possible…..
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A woman and a man get into a car accident, and it’s a bad one.
are totally demolished, but amazingly neither of them are hurt.
they crawl out of their cars, the woman says, “So you’re a man. That’s
interesting. I’m a woman… Wow!
Just look at our cars. There’s nothing
left, but fortunately we are unhurt. This must be a sign from God that we should
meet and be friends and live together in peace the rest of our days.”
The man replied,” I agree with you completely; this must be a sign from
The woman continued, “And look at this – here’s another miracle.
My car is completely demolished but this bottle of wine didn’t break. Surely God
wants us to drink this wine and celebrate our good fortune.”
hands the bottle to the man. The man shakes his head, opens it and says “You
take the first drink”, then hands it back to the woman. The woman takes the
bottle, immediately chugs half of it, puts the cap back on, and hands it back to
The woman asks, “Aren’t you having any?”
replies, “No. I think I will just wait for the police…”
HAVE A TERRIFIC DAY MY FRIENDS