ALRIGHT…IT’S ANOTHER WEEK………
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…..check this out…want to see one of the most awesome pickups out there? it’s the 2013 FORD F-150 “PLATINUM”…gorgeous trucks with running boards that automatically come out for you….navigation…..power moonroof….these babies are LOADED….
look around you….watch carefully…the FORD F-150’S are EVERYWHERE….don’t you deserve a new truck? i think you do….check out our inventory at: http://piersonford.com/ or call us at 1-800-627-1237.
1. LET’S TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE TODAY….
i KNEW that “PEANUTS” were real….
i don’t drink coffee, but i hear this is true….
umm…i don’t think this next one is quite what they mean…..
this next one cracked me up big time…..
2. rocker BILLY SQUIER had a birthday yesterday….he turned 63, which is quite hard to believe…but, i guess we’re all getting older, right? BILLY SQUIER rocked the pop and rock charts back in the 80’s, with great tunes like the following….
here was his incredibly great album from 1981…i bet that many of you still have it….
i remember back in high school that one of my friends went to OMAHA to see BILLY SQUIER in concert…i remember that he talked about how BILLY soared across the audience on a wire still playing guitar…cool…
here’s BILLY SQUIER a few years back……happy 63rd buddy…..
3. how about some memories from BILLY SQUIER…..
here’s my favorite song by him…”MY KINDA LOVER.”
who can forget “THE STROKE.”
and here is a song that is many people’s favorite…”EVERYBODY WANTS YOU.”
4. this next picture made me smile, and made me sad at the same time…it’s two of my top five country artists of all time…MERLE HAGGARD and the recently deceased GEORGE JONES….
5. today we’re going to salute a great show from the 70’s…..
remember the cool theme song? i used to love the opening credits….
the show starred KEVIN TIGHE as “ROY DESOTO”….he is now 68 years old…..also, RANDOLPH MANTOOTH played “JOHNNY GAGE.” he is currently 67….
here are the guys recently….
the show also starred JULIE LONDON as “DIXIE MCCALL.” she died in 2000 at the age of 74….
actor ROBERT FULLER played the part of “DR. KELLY BRACKETT.” he will be 80 this july….
here’s the cast of “EMERGENCY” at a recent gathering….
6. had a great MOTHER’S DAY yesterday…did a MOTHER’S DAY sermon at church yesterday, with my beautiful mama present…….here we are together…..I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!! she is sincerely an incredible woman….
my boy’s mother is also an incredible woman….completely beautiful on the inside and the outside….here we are all together at my PAPA’S funeral last september….
we went to MAX AND ERMA’S yesterday with a big group of my family….the meal was great, but my dessert WAS INCREDIBLE….i hate to say this, but it rivaled my grandma’s that she used to make…sorry to my grandma in heaven…..it was their delicious BANANA CREAM PIE….
if i wasn’t on a diet, and i didn’t get such a stomach ache from it, i would eat more of these…SCRUMPTIOUS….
7. another great MOTHER’S DAY moment…one of my family members who will go unnamed, ha ha, was in church with their family yesterday when their young son went up for children’s church. the question was, “what one thing reminds you of your mom?” my nephew blurted out “WINE.” out of the mouth of babes, right?
8. actress ZOOEY DESCHANEL cut off her signature bangs….she was hot before, but looks even hotter now…i just about didn’t recognize her….
9. i was reading an article on the internet the other day about a poll of horrible album covers…i would like to show you a couple of them…
here’s one that could be called “THE FEEL GOOD HIT OF THE YEAR.” ummm….NO….
this next one is wild….but something tells me that i would have loved the album…ha ha….
10. i cannot wait until june…i have a much much much needed break…i’m taking the month of june off from church….i’m just completely burned out….burning the candle at both ends can really take it’s toll on you….plus, i haven’t had a week off since PAPA’S death in september of last year…..anyway, i am taking my church group kids to THE TWIN CITIES in early june, and my beautiful bride and i are going to COLORADO for a week in june…..can’t wait…..
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A skeleton walked into a bar. “What’ll it be?”, asked the bartender. “I’ll have a beer and a mop,” said the skeleton.
LOVE THAT ONE…HOW ABOUT ANOTHER ONE?
Ok, so two guys are sitting at a nudist colony and one is reading a book
on socialism. The other guy says, “Oh, have you read Marx, too?” The
other guy replies, “yes but i think its from these wicker chairs”
HAVE A MOST GLORIOUS DAY…