your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…..alright folks, it’s that time to stop by and see what incentives FORD has this month……great leases….great prices, and AS ALWAYS, we will get you the best interest rates…..we have banks fighting over each other trying to help you get the best rate on your vehicle…and don’t forget about the 100 PERCENT FINANCE GUARANTEE…if you have had problems in the past, and who hasn’t, PIERSON FORD will help you out….while other dealerships focus on your past, WE FOCUS ON YOUR FUTURE…we want to help build your credit instead of punish you for past sins…….IT’S THE PIERSON FORD WAY, BABY….call us at 1-800-627-1237, or stop by and see us in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…check out our inventory at: http://piersonford.com/
1. HOW ABOUT SOME FUNNIES?
this one cracked me up…..THERE ARE SOME GAMES YOU SHOULD NOT PLAY!!!
WARNING: HUSBANDS BEWARE WHEN COMING HOME….
wow…isn’t the next one true?
looks like everyone in the next one is pretty..umm….EGG-CITED….
i do my best sleeping of the night in the next time frame….
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to 80’s country music star K.T. OSLIN…she turns 71 today….speaking of 80’s, her big hit dealt with that decade…..
here is K.T. OSLIN back in her heyday…..
notice the cocky title of her greatest hits album…that was SO K.T. OSLIN…ha ha… “SONGS FROM AN AGING SEX BOMB.”
here’s K.T. OSLIN today at 71…..
3. see if you remember this song from K.T. OSLIN….
here’s the classic “80’S LADIES.”
4. the writer of my favorite story has a birthday today….L. FRANK BAUM would have been 157 today…..he, of course, if famous for the great book series which turned into my favorite movie of all time….
for those of you that don’t know, L. FRANK BAUM lived in the city i work in…ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…he was the publisher of “THE ABERDEEN SATURDAY PIONEER.” he also had a store called “BAUM’S BAZAAR”, which closed because of financial problems….L. FRANK BAUM was known for making incredibly controversial remarks in his columns…..you will have to look them up yourselves…..
5. LIBERACE would have been 94 tomorrow….the flamboyant pianist had the real name of VLADZIU VALENTINO LIBERACE, but thankfully just went by his last name….he was a native of cheeseland, the great state of WISCONSIN….
LIBERACE should have only been known for his awesome piano styles and wardrobe, but in the end, was known for his scandelous relationship with his lover, SCOTT THORSON….
and now, HBO is going to be showing a movie on LIBERACE starring MICHAEL DOUGLAS and MATT DAMON….
6. alright, let’s feature another 80’s tv show…remember this show that ran for three seasons?
it’s the show “GREATEST AMERICAN HERO” starring WILLIAM KATT, CONNIE SELLECCA, AND ROBERT CULP…..
it had an AWESOME theme song…..
see if you remember this great song…
here is the cast today….WILLIAM KATT has the starring role as RALPH HINCKLEY…later, for some reason RALPH HANLEY….he is now 62 years old….
the beautiful CONNIE SELLECCA is now 57, and is, of course, the wife of JOHN TESH….
actor ROBERT CULP is known for dozens of other roles as well…he died in 2010 at the age of 79……
7. so, my gorgeous wife and i are walking around 3-4 miles a day trying to get back in shape…….so far i have lost NINE POUNDS….well, last night we were walking on the WARNER/STRATFORD highway when JEANNIE noticed something in a field by us…it was a SKUNK…we stopped and looked…the skunk stuck it’s tail in the air toward us….and then….HE TURNED AROUND AND STARTED RUNNING TOWARD US….in which, we of course, screamed and took off running…they are quick little buggers……..we laughed about it, but looked behind us every few seconds all the way home…
8. famed tv psychologist and columnist DR. JOYCE BROTHERS died this week at age 85…….she was seen on so many shows including “LAUGH IN” and many many talk shows…..when i was young, i actually thought she was an actress playing the part of psychologist…..because she was on so many shows…..remember her?
here’s the late DR. JOYCE BROTHERS recently…..
9. BIG SHAKEUP AT SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE….
you probably already know that former SNL star JIMMY FALLON will be taking over for JAY LENO on “THE TONIGHT SHOW.” so what about FALLON’S late night show? it will be hosted by another SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE star who is now leaving the show….SETH MEYERS…
and in news i’m kind of sad about, “SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE” star BILL HADER is leaving the show after eight seasons…..
he is known for funny roles like “STEFAN.”
he did a dead-on impersonation of “DATELINE’S” KEITH MORRISON….
and was very funny as political voice JAMES CARVILLE….
BILL HADER…YOU WILL BE MISSED….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
After being with her all evening, the man couldn’t take another minute with his blind date. Earlier, he had secretly arranged to have a friend call him to the phone so he would have an excuse to leave if something like this happened.
When he returned to the table, he lowered his eyes, put on a grim expression and said, “I have some bad news. My grandfather just died.”
“Thank heavens,” his date replied. “If yours hadn’t, mine would have had to!”
HAVE AN AWESOME DAY…