MID WEEK….HUMP DAY….WEDNESDAY…whatever you want to call it, we made it…..and many people are getting ready for a THREE DAY WEEKEND…….
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN….new cars, pre-owned cars…new trucks…pre-owned trucks….suv’s…whatever you want we have…WHATEVER BRAND YOU WANT..WE HAVE…
one of the hottest vehicles out there right now is the 2013 FORD EXPLORER…hard to keep them on the lot when they look like this….
a far cry from the older explorers, right?
if you haven’t seen the 2013 FORD EXPLORER, stop by….if you haven’t DRIVEN one, you really NEED to……stop by PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…call us at 1-800-627-1237, or go online at the following address: http://piersonford.com/
1. HOW ABOUT SOME FUNNIES?
this one is good…
maybe it’s too much sugar for good old TONY…
wow…this seems a little harsh, doesn’t it? ha ha
the good thing about this sign is that it HELPS…the bad thing is, you’re probably going to fast by it anyway…..
and finally, i think i’ll scrub up an 86 year old and a 91 year old…..
2. since we last spoke, tornadoes ravaged areas around OKLAHOMA CITY….we have relatives that live in that area, and thank GOD, they are okay….i’m not going to post pictures of the devastation, because our 24 hour news channels have handled that quite well…maybe too well…..anyway, i want to show you a GOOD NEWS story from the tornado action…..i am a person that believes that GOOD always comes out of a BAD situation…no matter what it is….
check this out…..and it was caught on live television……
3. one of the founding members of the band “THE DOORS” has died…..RAY MANZAREK was the keyboardist for the band….his haunting keyboard style always led into the dark vocals of JIM MORRISON….RAY MANZAREK died of cancer this week at the age of 74…..here he is….
here he is with the legendary band…..
and here is RAY MANZAREK in the past couple of years….
and here’s a song by “THE DOORS” featuring RAY on the keyboards…here’s “LIGHT MY FIRE.”
4. RAIN RAIN GO AWAY..COME AGAIN SOME OTHER DAY….you know the old saying…well, it’s true for our area right now….i cannot remember the last time we had a “two day soaker.” but we got it….rainfall amounts vary around the area, some with over 3 inches from what we have heard…….and the forecast calls for a chance of rain thru next tuesday…..let’s hope it’s a minimal chance and it misses us….
and here’s another question…WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO RAIN ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND AND LABOR DAY WEEKEND?
5. we are going to catch up with a couple of “one hit wonders” from the 70’s and 80’s………
first of all, it’s WALTER EGAN….he had a monster number one hit in 1978…..produced in part by FLEETWOOD MAC member LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM….
many of us had this album…..
WALTER EGAN is now 64 years old and lives in FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE…in fact, one time i was in NASHVILLE, i walked by a club where he was playing…..here’s what WALTER EGAN looks like today….
6. and, of course, we have to play the song….this is actually one of my favorite songs of the 70’s…..CRANK IT UP..IT’S A GOOD ONE….
7. remember the name NICK GILDER? he was a member of the “glam rock” band called “SWEENEY TODD.” he also had a number one hit in 1978…..
and, once again, many of us had this album….
here’s what NICK GILDER looks like today…he’s 61 today…..
8. and i won’t let you down…here’s “HOT CHILD IN THE CITY” from 1978……
9. JOKE OF THE DAY: (thanks to LINDA for the joke)
A farmer walked into a bar with his pig and ordered a drink. The bartender could not help asking the man why his pig had a peg leg. “Well, you see,” said the farmer, “this is an amazing pig. Why, two years ago, my son was chopping wood in the field when a tree collapsed on him, pinning him to the ground and making breathing difficult. The pig, which was in the area, ran to get assistance and, squealing loudly, led us to my son to rescue him.”
“You’re right, that is an amazing story. But why does your pig have a peg leg?”
This is no ordinary pig,” the farmer continued. “One night while we were sleeping, our barn caught fire and the pig managed to squeeze through a little hole in the wall and circle our house, squealing as loud as it could to wake us up. We were able to save all of the animals.”
“Wow. Incredible. But why does the pig have a peg leg?”
“Wait. Once, our home caught on fire. The pig managed to run to the next house over and wake the neighbors, who were able to save us and help put out the fire.”
“Okay, okay! The pig is amazing. But why the peg leg?” the bartender demanded.
“An amazing pig like this. You can’t eat it all at once.”
HAVE A TREMENDOUS DAY….