OKAY..I KNOW IT’S A SHORT WEEK…BUT I STILL FEEL THIS WAY…
my church kids, the chaperones and i leave for the TWIN CITIES early sunday morning, so i’m really looking forward to this weekend and a few days off…..and then next week…COLORADO BABY….
you favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….let’s check out today’s vehicle…it’s a sharp truck…
this is a 2009 FORD EXPLORER SPORT TRAC…..guess what? it only has 37,000 miles on it!!! it’s a V8 with steering wheel audio controls, remote keyless entry and many other options…..you’ll love this truck……..and, it’s only $24,695……call us on this truck and more at 1-800-627-1237…or see all of our vehicles at: http://piersonford.com/
1. HERE ARE TODAY’S FUNNIES….
when i see the first one, i think of the classic DISNEY movie, “THAT DARN CAT.”
well, this should do the trick at work…..
and now…A “KODAK MOMENT.”
“AND THEN, TOTAL CONFUSION SET IN AT THEIR HOUSE.”
i need a headstone like this one…..
and finally, a HILARIOUS one…..
2. happy birthday wishes are going out today to actor ANTHONY GEARY, or “TONY GEARY.” he is most famous for playing LUKE SPENCER on the hit soap opera “GENERAL HOSPITAL.”
TONY, along with the beautiful GENIE FRANCIS had the soap opera “love of a lifetime.” GENIE played “LAURA WEBBER”, and together they were “LUKE AND LAURA.” remember their classic 1981 wedding?
TONY GEARY is 66 years old today……GENIE FRANCIS, by the way, is only 51….here they are recently……
3. remember the 1981 hit song by CHRISTOPHER CROSS called “THINK OF LAURA?” well, everybody, including myself, thought that it was created for LUKE AND LAURA….but CHRISTOPHER CROSS says that’s not true…he said he let ABC use it on the show, but it was written for a college student named LAURA who was killed by a stray bullet from over a block away….see if you remember the song….
4. and, on thursday, actor CLINT WALKER turns 86 years old…remember the name? CLINT WALKER played the character “CHEYENNE BODIE” on the hit tv show “CHEYENNE”…the show ran from 1955-1962….
here’s CLINT WALKER today at 86…….
5. did you see the big BARBARA EDEN news? she, of course, played “JEANNIE” in “I DREAM OF JEANNIE.”
well, she is now 78 years old…..and last week she put on the old “JEANNIE” outfit for a fundraiser in EUROPE…and guess what? she still looks pretty doggone good for 78…….
she even got to meet former PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON….
here they are leaving the stage…..UH-OH…THIS ISN’T GOING TO TURN OUT GOOD…..ha ha….HURRY BACK IN THE BOTTLE, JEANNIE…..
6. it’s funny how you sometimes run into something you’ve never heard of before, but fall instantly in love with it….that was the case for me with music i found from singer CHELSEA MOON…..
i was on I-TUNES the other day goofing around looking for some new christian music….and then i ran into music from CHELSEA MOON…she completely BLEW ME AWAY…her voice is “angelic.” the bluegrass type acoustic music behind her is stunning, and the vocals behind her are perfect…….LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS GIRL……if you’re looking for her music, here’s one of her albums….
and here is her latest album….
WANT TO HEAR HER BEAUTIFUL VOICE? here goes…
this is CHELSEA MOON singing “TRUST AND OBEY.”
7. i was kind of in a “flashback mode” over the MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND….i started thinking about old shows, old toys, etc…….got me thinking about some good old television…….there are a couple of puppet shows i used to LOVE when i was a kid……
remember SHARI LEWIS, plus lambchop, and charlie horse?
and who could forget KUKLA, FRAN, AND OLLIE? aaahhh…good memories…..
8. i also thought about some of my favorite cartoons back when i was a kid…here are just a few of my favorites……
i never missed this next one…..
and seriously, who didn’t love BUGS BUNNY?
BILL COSBY made the next show a lot of fun….
remember WALLY COX from “THE HOLLYWOOD SQUARES?” he was the voice of “UNDERDOG.”
how about this? a cartoon had a number one record….yep…”THE ARCHIES” had the hit “SUGAR SUGAR.”
and, one of my all time favorite saturday morning shows was “H.R. PUFNSTUF.” although, i watched it recently, and those guys must have been on something when they made this…..
i used to have nightmares about WITCHY POO…..
9. yesterday out in our service area, they were talking about “BOWZER” from the group “SHA-NA-NA.” remember them? remember him?
BOWZER’S real name is JON BAUMAN….he even hosted “THE HOLLYWOOD SQUARES” for one year……did you know that? well, the deep voice guy from “SHA-NA-NA” is now 65 years old…here he is today….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two blondes were driving along a road by a wheat field when they saw a blonde in
the middle of the field rowing a row boat.
The driver blonde turned to
her friend and said “You know – it’s blondes like that that give us a bad
To this, the other blonde replies “I know it, and if I knew how to
swim, I’d go out there and drown her.”
HAVE A TERRIFIC DAY…