OH YAH, BABY….IT’S THE TIME I’VE BEEN YEARNING FOR…
not a major one this time…i will be back to work on wednesday…but then i work three days and take 9 days off to go to COLORADO….i have been dreaming of these two weeks since my last “so called” vacation last september when DAD died…..not much of a vacation, by the way……
we are taking our church youth groups from HECLA, WESTPORT, AND FREDERICK to THE TWIN CITIES to work at a homeless shelter and an abused women’s center…..we’re also going to the MALL OF AMERICA, and are going to the CHANHASSEN DINNER THEATER to see “JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT.” is that the perfect play for church groups or what? we’re also planning a tuesday at VALLEYFAIR, but this stupid weather doesn’t look like it will cooperate…..anyway, i can’t wait to get away….
your blog is sponsored by your friends at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…can’t believe it’s JUNE already….where did the first five months of the year go? well, like every other month, we await to hear the word from FORD on what incentives they are going to offer this month….we do know a few things, though….FORD has been super duper competive on their leases and WAY generous on thier rebates and discounts….seriously, where can you get a brand new pickup for around 9-10,000 dollars off? ONLY AT PIERSON FORD….
please stop and see us at PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN…you can call us at 1-800-627-1237, or see our incredible inventory at: http://piersonford.com/
we have an awesome lineup of NEW FORD’S…and a fantastic lineup of pre-owned cars of EVERY MAKE AND MODEL….come see us today, won’t you?
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES….
this next one is a GENIUS idea…..
if there has been any joke in the past few weeks that is TOTALLY MY SENSE OF HUMOR, its’ the next one…..
RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOU AGREE WITH THE NEXT ONE!!!!
oh, so THAT’S why they made that color….
being a man, i hate to admit the next one, but yeah, it’s true….
not a cat fan….but this one is funny…..
and finally, i laughed out loud at the next one….
2. happy birthday wishes on sunday are going out to actress SALLY KELLERMAN…suprisingly, she will be 76 on sunday……you most likely remember her from a couple of early roles….she appeared on a couple episodes of “STAR TREK.”
but, i’m sure you mostly remember her for being “MAJOR MARGARET HOULIHAN” in the 1970 movie “M*A*S*H”….the MOVIE, not the tv series….
here she is on the movie set with DONALD SUTHERLAND and ELLIOTT GOULD…
i have to admit, SALLY KELLERMAN is looking pretty doggone good at 76…..
here she is promoting her new book, “READ MY LIPS.”
3. okay, let’s be honest…absolutely no disrepect to MISS KELLERMAN, but a great majority of people remember LORETTA SWIT for being “MAJOR MARGARET HOULIHAN” on the TV version of “M*A*S*H.”
LORETTA SWIT is now 75 years old…….here she is a couple of years ago….
4. okay, let’s get serious here….hardly ANYBODY likes their senior picture from high school, or grade school pictures…we have ALL modeled into beautiful people, right? ha ha….well, we’re going to salute some famous celebrities and their high school pictures……
and, i guess, being we’re having fun with them, i have to poke fun at myself……when my son TYLER was small, he had no clue who this picture was….i told him “THAT’S YOUR DAD.” and he said, “NO IT ISN’T.” ha ha….
i was cute AT ONE TIME, however…
and, of course, here’s what i look like today…cheesy smile and all….
ALRIGHT…HERE WE GO….
recognize this beauty?
it’s the incredibly gorgeous CHARLIZE THERON….
how about this strapping young man?
it’s “PRICE IS RIGHT” host….DREW CAREY….(i love his weight loss, by the way)
recognize this guy?
it’s actor JEREMY PIVEN….
okay…don’t cheat on this one….recognize this guy? I HAD NO IDEA….
it’s the guy who is all over the tv dial…..
okay, one more…recognize this nice looking young man?
that “disco look” turned out to be OUR LEADER…PRESIDENT OBAMA…
THAT WAS FUN…we’ll do it again sometime soon….
5. okay, i have to admit…i have never bought anything on EBAY…at least i don’t think i have…well, i’m in the process of bidding on something…oh, ready for a shock? it something with the WASHINGTON REDSKINS on it…..
i doubt i’ll even put it outside, IF I WIN IT….i’ll just pile it in my REDSKINS room and have my wife put love letters in it…..that right, it will remain empty…….
6. REALLY? WE NEED THIS? a “hand held ‘WHOPPER’ holder”….
7. did you hear about the uproar in HONG KONG? apparently people are accusing a “STARBUCKS” in HONG KONG of using “toilet water” to make their coffees….okay, that’s what they’re calling it, but they’re not taking water from the toilet…but they, supposedly are taking it from a faucet IN THE RESTROOMS….yuck…..an official from STARBUCKS says “yes, they are using a faucet in the bathroom, but the water is filtered before they serve it.” I DON’T CARE…i still wouldn’t drink it……that’s just plain gross….what, you can’t install a faucet in the kitchen area? if this is true, this was very dumb on the part of STARBUCKS……that’s it!! the next time i go to HONG KONG i will avoid those places….i mean, the FIRST TIME i go there….okay…I WILL NEVER GO THERE….
8. not excited at all about the movies out this weekend…..
WILL SMITH and his “twin”, his son JADEN star in a movie called “AFTER EARTH.”
but, i have to admit, my wife and i will be going to “NOW YOU SEE ME.” it’s the story of magicians who use their magic to rob banks….sounds very interesting…..
usually summertime is “BLOCKBUSTER” time….we haven’t really seen one yet…..one that completely blows everything out of the water…maybe there’s one coming….i can’t see it, but maybe it’s coming….
9. burnout sucks….i hate having that feeling….you almost feel like you’re not going to make it through a day…..but, as i mentioned, vacation time is coming……in case you didn’t know, i took the entire month of JUNE off from church…..i will still do visits and funerals and such, but i won’t be doing sunday services this month…..the battery needs to be recharged…..i work my butt off for both of my churches, and starting in the fall it’s very very busy……i know that GOD will bless me with a full battery….i just need to get away and let it begin….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A very sick man is in the hospital, and on many drugs which give him bowel problems. After many false alarms, he accidentally craps himself.
Very embarrassed, he balls up the sheets and throws them out the window, where a drunk is staggering on the way home. The drunk starts flailing at the sheets, throwing his arms around wildly. A security officer runs over, hearing the commotion.
“What’s going on here?”
“I don’t know, officer. But I think I just beat the crap out of a ghost.”
HAVE A GREAT NEXT FEW DAYS….I WILL TALK TO YOU WEDNESDAY…..or, i may post something from MINNEAPOLIS….