HEY HOWDY PARTNERS!!!! i’m back from our youth group trip to MINNEAPOLIS….i’ll have all the details shortly….
it’s a 2014…yes i said 2014 FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE….the color is “GRABBER BLUE”…beautiful car….complete with heated seats, shaker audio system, leather seats, and so much more…call us for more information at 1-800-627-1237, or better yet, stop by and see us in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN…see us online at: http://piersonford.com/
1. WHAT A TRIP….this past few days, i have been in MINNEAPOLIS with our youth groups from HECLA, FREDERICK, AND WESTPORT…and what a glorious time we had….hopefully the kid’s lives changed forever, as we helped out at a women’s shelter, and worked at a homeless shelter…..we did daycare for homeless kids sunday afternoon and i warned our kids that they were going to fall in love with the kids….and they did…..some of our kids even had tears in their eyes when we left……on monday we cleaned the yard, washed the windows, and swept the driveway at a women’s shelter in ROBBINSDALE…they were so appreciative of our work……and then it was back to the awesome homeless shelter called “MARY’S PLACE”……MARY is an absolute saint…..she is getting up there in age, but rides a stationary bike every day, and her husband lifts weights with the kids everyday….she walks around and hands out two dollars to the kids who are there, and prays with each group that comes to eat….she is truly one of GOD’S ANGELS….amazing amazing woman…..here she is….
here’s a picture of my HECLA kids…whom i love love love dearly….(we are missing SHELBY…she was busy on the other side of the METRODOME….)
here’s our entire group…..
here are all the kids working outdoors at the women’s shelter….
some of our girls were SO excited to be doing windows, that they cleaned the windows on the building NEXT to the shelter…by accident of course…ha ha…..we laughed about what those people in their offices were thinking……
here are some photos from MARY’S PLACE homeless shelter…….this is a picture of the PARTIAL amount of clothes we donated from clothing drives…..we packed the underbelly of a charter bus, plus packed the last 8-10 seats to the ceiling, and still couldn’t get over 80 bags in there….
and here are our awesome kids working the food line at the homeless shelter….
here are the adult chaperones…we had A BLAST together…..
great trip…very moving…life altering….i highly suggest that if you have the time, volunteer yourself or a group to help out MARY’S PLACE…it will change you!!!
2. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?
it’s a piece of the METRODOME roof that collapsed last year…….each of us got a piece of it when we toured the METRODOME yesterday……remember that accident?
it’s pretty cool to have a piece of it considering they are going to tear down the dome at the end of the football season….
***INTERESTING FACT….the tour guide told us that the completed cost of the METRDOME back in 1982 was 82 million dollars….the cost of the new VIKING’S stadium that will be built in the same location?
975 MILLION DOLLARS….wow….
***i personally can’t believe we are tearing down that beautiful METRODOME….yeah, i understand about “progress” and “making more seats and more money”, but there’s nothing wrong with that building…oh well, I’M NOT PAYING FOR IT….ha ha
3. HERE ARE YOUR FUNNIES….
i’ve used this one before, but it still cracks me up….
here’s a reminder for all adults….ha ha…..
and, a reminder to all PARENTS….
wow…i didn’t know they had this for animals….
and last, but certainly not least….
4. READY FOR MORE HIGH SCHOOL PHOTOS?
recognize this beauty?
it’s the beautiful, late great FARRAH FAWCETT….
how about this “mouthy” gentleman?
it’s RUSH LIMBAUGH….
how about this little hottie?
it’s actress AMY ADAMS….
how about this handsome “morning guy?”
it’s the always entertaining MATT LAUER…
how about this funnyman? (and he had HAIR)
it’s “SEINFELD” star JASON ALEXANDER….
and one more…i would have gotten this one wrong if i had to guess…..
okay, i would have eventually got it…it’s busty beautiful PAMELA ANDERSON…
that was fun…more to come later….
5. i was SHOCKED to hear this morning that country legend CONWAY TWITTY died TWENTY YEARS AGO TODAY…how could it possibly be that long? i remember the day he died…..ironically, his singing partner LORETTA LYNN was at the same hospital with her husband MOONEY…..she reportedly went down to CONWAY’S room, held his hand and said, “don’t you dare die on me CONWAY.” he did….and a great big piece of country music history went with him….and he was only 59….
6. we simply must do a couple of CONWAY TWITTY songs…
here’s the all time classic “HELLO DARLIN”.
and one of my favorites “DESPERADO LOVE.”
7. we lost an acting legend while i was gone…the great JEAN STAPLETON died at the age of 90…..she will forever be known as “DINGBAT.” yep, she played EDITH BUNKER on “ALL IN THE FAMILY.”
honestly? EDITH BUNKER will go down in history as one of the greatest tv roles of all time……R.I.P. JEAN…
8. and, football legend DEACON JONES died at the age of 74…he played for mainly for the LOS ANGELES RAMS, but also played for the SAN DIEGO CHARGERS and my beloved WASHINGTON REDSKINS…although he wasn’t with my SKINS long, i decided to use his picture in our uniform for this blog….(hey, it’s my blog, i can do what i want..ha ha)
9. I CANNOT WAIT FOR FRIDAY…first of all, it kicks off my weeklong vacation as we head to COLORADO on saturday…however, friday night will be AWESOME…we are going back to my beautiful wife’s hometown of ROSLYN, SOUTH DAKOTA, because a music icon group is playing at their football field….it will be the biggest thing ROSLYN has ever seen since their “hometown” boy MYRON FLOREN came home….guess who’s playing? THE NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND…..
they have been performing since 1966…and are still going strong….
i would love to see you there…i think tickets are still available at all KEN’S SUPER FAIR FOODS locations in the area…..
10…yes, of course we’ll do some NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND music…..
here’s one of their hits when they were “THE DIRT BAND”…back in the 80’s…a lot of their fans forget that they did thing song….it’s “AN AMERICAN DREAM.”
one of my faves…”I LOVE ONLY YOU.”
and, of course, the song that everybody knows…”FISHIN’ IN THE DARK.”
11. JOKE OF THE DAY: (in honor of the great CONWAY TWITTY)
there was this young pastor who moved to a new location to take over a church….he had always heard that he resembled CONWAY TWITTY…everywhere he went he heard that. so, this new pastor goes door to door to meet his new congregation…he walks up to one door, knocks on the door, and an 80 year old lady opens it and says, “OH MY, IT’S CONWAY TWITTY.” the pastor says, “no maam, i’m your new pastor at your church, but thanks for the compliment.” he goes to his second door and knocks…a 65 year old lady opens the door, drops her mixing bowl on the floor and says, “I CAN’T BELIEVE IT..IT’S CONWAY TWITTY.” the pastor says again, “no maam, i’m your new pastor…but thanks for the compliment.” so, he goes to his third door…he knocks….and a gorgous 30 year old woman comes to the door wrapped in a towel from just getting out the shower…she drops her towel, and yells “OH WOW…IT’S CONWAY TWITTY.” to which the pastor says, “HELLO DARLIN.”
(one of my all time faves…)
HAVE A TREMENDOUS DAY…..