I WISH I COULD TAKE MY OWN ADVICE….
your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….ready to cruise in style? put the top down and enjoy the beautiful weather? you can right now at PIERSON FORD…we just took in a 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY SOLARA CONVERTIBLE…..and guess what? IT ONLY HAS 38 THOUSAND MILES ON IT…yep….under 40,000 miles….it’s red in color with lots of extras too…..check it out….
for more information and pricing on this vehicle and so many more, go to: http://piersonford.com/ or call us at 1-800-627-1237……we not only carry FORD products, but about every other make and model…you truly can make us your one stop vehicle shop…..PIERSON FORD, IN THE AUTO PLAZA IN ABERDEEN….
1. HOW ABOUT SOME FUNNIES?
geez…i would HOPE the next one is correct….wow….how did this get past the editor?
my answer to the next one would be….NO KIDDING…..
i miss my old phones……we had a rotary dial in our church basement in HECLA…i used to make a lot of my calls down there just to use the phone….
this next one is MY RULE NUMBER ONE….
i kind of wish the next one was true…however, then i would be the subject of some people, too…..ha ha
2. i DO NOT play CANDY CRUSH on FACEBOOK…however, i know many people who are honestly ADDICTED to the game….i don’t play games on FACEBOOK, because it would take up my whole day….to those of you that are hooked, look into the next picture……
3. happy birthday wishes today are going out to a beautiful woman…JUNE LOCKHART….you probably remember her as “TIMMY’S MOM” on “LASSIE.”
you may also remember her from “LOST IN SPACE.”
i had the honor of meeting JUNE LOCKHART one night at the GRAND OLE OPRY in NASHVILLE….she was a special guest that night…i walked up to her and couldn’t quite remember her name….so, i said to her, “i’m very sorry, but i know you and i just can’t think of your name.” she smiled and said, “i’m timmy’s mom from lassie….” what a great comeback…anyway, JUNE LOCKHART is 88 today…and may i say, a very beautiful 88….and young looking 88….these pictures are from a couple of weeks ago…..
4. remember this tv theme song?
it, of course, is the theme from the 70’s hit “GOOD TIMES.” one of the stars, if not the biggest star of the show has a birthday today….JIMMIE “JJ” WALKER turns 66 today….how old does THAT make you feel? his catch phrase was, of course, “DYNOMITE!!!”
JIMMIE WALKER has a book out…..
the book sounds like good reading….he supposedly drops a lot of “dirt” on the show…in a recent radio interview, JIMMIE said that he rarely talked to the cast of the show…he said it wasn’t arrogance or anything like that, he said that everybody just went to their corners when they weren’t filming. truthfully, i don’t like to read a lot, but this book sounds great….
JIMMY “JJ” WALKER is 66 today….here he is recently, and check out a cast photo in recent times….
5. i woke up this morning thinking “gee…i would sure like to buy a black nightie worn by MONICA LEWINSKY…i wonder where i could find one..” and lo and behold, i turn on my computer and find out that I CAN BUY IT….(okay, i never said that this morning…or would i EVER…)…..there is an auction house that is auctioning off MONICA LEWINSKY apparel including her sexy black negligee, plus cards and letters written to her by PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON….i’m suprised that BILL isn’t pooling a bunch of money together to buy all of it AND BURN IT…ha ha…..
i think i’ll save my money……i’d rather buy some autographed WASHINGTON REDSKINS stuff……
6. it’s summertime…BIKINI TIME…and when i think about bikini’s, and i often do, (NOT),i think about the most famous bikini of all time….
that’s right, it’s the world famous FARRAH FAWCETT swimsuit poster from 1976….i have to admit…I HAD ONE….actually two….the first one got ruined, so i bought another……it certainly brightened up my mostly dull junior high bedroom…….here’s a little trivia….do you know how many posters have been sold since 1976? get ready for this….OVER SIX MILLION….WELL OVER SIX MILLION…how about that? of course, when young boys like myself are buying TWO, it tends to add up…..
7. AND NOW…AN OPEN LETTER TO THE STATE OF MINNESOTA….
as a person that comes over to your lovely state quite often, i have some words i would like to share……PLEASE GET WITH THE TIMES AND MOVE YOUR SPEED LIMITS UP TO 65….SHEESH….it’s annoying as heck, coming out of SOUTH DAKOTA, or NORTH DAKOTA and cruising 65 miles per hour and then having to slam the brakes on and poke along at 55…..okay, i get your possible motives…..going slower saves lives…and that’s great….but seriously, it’s time to change…unless you are driving on a four lane at 65mph, you have to go 55…and your enforcement crew is doing their jobs and stopping us at 58 miles per hour….yes, we’re breaking the laws, but, c’mon….55 is too doggone slow……..i know that i don’t mean a hill of beans to you…..but i can guarantee that i am speaking for thousands and thousands all over the midwest. here’s hoping you will read this and make changes……….
***oh, and one more thing…please don’t blow up the METRODOME…it seems to silly to waste such a great building……
8. speaking of MINNESOTA, we attended a beautiful wedding in BAXTER, MINNESOTA over the weekend…what a lovely lovely city…..you already probably know that COLORADO is where i want to end up in the next couple of years, but seriously, this city wouldn’t be bad either…..i heard, though, that it’s mighty costly to live down there…..and i’m certainly not made of money…in fact, if i had a dollar, my good looks, and my personality, i’d still only have a dollar……..anyway, it’s a beautiful city…and it’s hooked on to BRAINERD….another bonus….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
an athiest is walking in the woods when he comes upon a huge grizzly bear……he freezes and doesn’t know what to do…..the bear charges him and at the last minute he prayed “GOD, i don’t know who you are or if you’re real…but show me a sign that you are here…..MAKE THIS GRIZZLY BEAR A GOOD CHRISTIAN BEAR.” at that moment, the bear stopped and got down on his knees and prayed “DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER, I THANK YOU TODAY FOR THE MEAL THAT YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME….”
an all time favorite….HAVE A GREAT DAY…