LOOK OUT STURGIS!!!!!! our own KELLY TRACY is on his way!!!!! BOY, HE’S A TOUGH GUY, ISN’T HE? LOOK AT THAT SNARL!!!!
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…..alright, it’s AUGUST….this is one of our biggest months of the year sales wise…..why? a number of reason….parents needing wheels for the kids going back to school…….the farming community wanting new vehicles before harvest…..and, TREMENDOUS DISCOUNTS ON OUR NEW VEHICLES….AND AN INCREDIBLE LINEUP OF PRE-OWNED VEHICLES…..FORD has really stepped up when it comes to incentives on new trucks…..some trucks are around $11,000 dollars off!!! and we found out that around THIRTY more trucks are coming to our lot……you want a deal? you won’t find any better than right now…..check out our inventory at: http://piersonford.com/ call us at 1-800-627-1237, or stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN!!!!
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES FOR TODAY!!!
let’s do some HOLY HUMOR today….
I guess MARY gets the bragging rights…..
looks like JESUS had better grab his medals while he can…ha ha…..
this next one cracked me up!!!
and how much truth is in our last one!!!!!
2. when I look at the next one, i’m reminded of the old JIM STAFFORD hit, “SPIDERS AND SNAKES”, because, well, I HATE SPIDERS AND SNAKES….this next picture mortifies me……
oh, and speaking of that 70’s JIM STAFFORD hit, let’s listen to it!!!
3. back in the 80’s, we had a huge debate from my favorite tv show “WKRP IN CINCINNATI.” the debate was this…..would you rather date JENNIFER MARLOWE or BAILEY QUARTERS? JENNIFER was played by LONI ANDERSON and BAILEY was played by JAN SMITHERS……here they are…JENNIFER on the left….BAILEY on the right….
my choice? easy…BAILEY QUARTERS….and over the years, she has unanimously been the number one choice? why? because she’s the “girl next door” type person…the kind you could bring home to mama…..I thought she was incredibly cute on the show………
4. speaking of the character JENNIFER MARLOWE, the beautiful lady who played her has a birthday today….LONI ANDERSON turns 68 today…wow…approaching 70….hard to fathom…….did you k now that LONI was born in ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA? that’s right, she’s a MIDWESTERN BEAUTY!!!!
here’s LONI ANDERSON back in the day….including one of her modeling photos….
here’s LONI ANDERSON today at 68…these photos were taken just weeks ago….plus, check out a couple of reunion photos of the cast of “WKRP.”
5. actor JOHN SAXON is having a birthday today……you probably don’t recall his name, but you will definetly know his face…..he has appeared in over 200 movies and tv shows in over five decades of acting…..he played the character ROPER in the 1973 BRUCE LEE classic “ENTER THE DRAGON.”
I remember JOHN SAXON most for playing the father/police chief on the original horror movie “NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET.”
JOHN SAXON turns 78 today and Is looking great!!!
6. BRING ON THE SUSPENSIONS ALREADY…..we’ve been hearing for MONTHS about the impending baseball suspension of ALEX RODRIGUEZ or “A-ROD.” day after day after day after day after day after day we hear about it……..DO IT ALREADY….supposedly it’s coming down today…in fact, it may have already happened while you are reading this……..performance enhancing drugs are killing baseball….but, it’s in the numbers, too…..there are dozens and dozens of hard working players who do not use, for every one that is…..but, because of our “negative society” and the fact that we love to see people come crashing down for some reason, we only hear about the bad guys………suspend him…suspend others….and then shut up about it………
7. YEA!!! THE NFL SEASON HAS BEGUN…well, preseason anyway…I watched about three downs of the game last night between DALLAS and MIAMI….mostly because that team with the “D” was playing….that’s why I avoided it…ha ha…..preseason football is hard for me to watch…..i’m in that group that feels we should have TWO preseason games and that’s it…..let the starters play a quarter in each game and then go ahead and evaluate the new guys….but, it comes down to the almighty dollar……teams would lose revenue from the preseason games….but here’s the thing….THERE SHOULDN’T BE A COST FOR PRESEASON GAMES, ANYWAY…..those games should be a “thank you” for cheering for our team type game…..but, the NFL isn’t going to waste that kind of emotion when they can make money….I’ve never gone to a preseason game…don’t know if I ever will…I am planning on watching this Thursday night’s REDSKINS VS. TITANS game because my son is a huge TITAN’S fan…….that is, if we can find a place that carrying the game…..that’s going to be the tough part…..
8. my sister KRISTA decided this weekend that she will play fantasy football in our family league this year….that brings the total amount of teams to 12…..we have two teams that are fronted by female owners…..we joke about the girls games being easy games to win, but it’s just the opposite…..ladies have a keen understanding of football these days….and frankly, I love that….I just wish that my beautiful wife took more of a liking to the NFL…I would love to be cuddled up on the couch with her watching football all day sunday….well, a man can dream anyway!!!!
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Peter had six children and was very proud of his achievement. He was so proud of himself that for years he called his wife, Sara, “Mother of Six,” in spite of her regular objections.
One evening, in their retirement years, they go to a party. It is late and Peter is ready to go home and wants to find out if Sara is ready to leave as well.
Pater bellows at the top of his voice, ‘Shall we go home, Mother of Six?’
Sara, greatly irritated by Pater’s lack of discretion over so many years, yells back at him, ‘Anytime you’re ready, “Father of Four”.’
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY…