SCHOOL’S BACK IN SESSION….I WOULD IMAGINE THIS IS HOW A LOT OF PARENTS FEEL…..
your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…..well, here we are…the last few days of AUGUST…..and with the end of the month comes incredible deals on wheels……FORD has really stepped it up with $10,000 dollars off and more on the F-150’S…..did you know that FORD F-150’S have been the number one selling pickup in AMERICA for 36 YEARS STRAIGHT? wow…just think about that…..FOR OVER THREE DECADES IN A ROW, FORD TRUCKS HAVE BEEN OUTSELLING EVERYBODY ELSE….seriously, if that doesn’t show the caliber and awesomeness of our trucks, nothing will…..MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE CANNOT BE WRONG…..see our FORD vehicles at PIERSON FORD….great lease specials for the next few days, too……call us today for more information at 1-800-627-1237…..stop by and see us in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, or check out our inventory online at: http://piersonford.com/
1. THE WEATHER….WOW….just heard on the radio that AUGUST will go down as the DRYEST MONTH EVER….and, it’s the worst month to be dry……you can just see the corn burning up in the fields….we have had four meals of corn on the cob and they have been incredible….but now it’s burning up….sad…….and wouldn’t you know? SCHOOL HAS STARTED….we have a mild july, mild early august, and then…BOOM…as soon as school hits, the thermometer hits 95-100…….this is kind of how it feels…..
2. HOW ABOUT SOME FUNNIES….
well, it looks like the game is over….hee hee
okay…if we are having this special night….PLEASE SPELL IT RIGHT…especially THAT word…..
isn’t this next one true? the battle within our bodies…..
this next one is so silly, but it’s MY kind of humor…..
and finally…I am SO getting an alarm clock like this…..
3. well, we are under THREE WEEKS until my entourage heads to GREEN BAY to watch our beloved REDSKINS take the field against the PACKERS….and, because of that, I had to order another jersey…like I need one….well, i’m getting mixed reviews from people on my jersey that is coming……..i’ll guarantee you one thing…..we’re eleven rows up in the end zone…I SHOULD MAKE IT ON TV WITH THIS JERSEY……
I happen to really like it….it’s called a “split jersey.” it features, obviously, both the home and away jersey together……if it’s too gaudy it can just hang in my “REDSKINS ROOM.”
4. NFL NOTES:
***we just had our fantasy football draft for my family league…..12 teams in it…brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, and some extended family….plus my two beautiful boys are in it, too…..my son TYLER and I were at my house sunday waiting patiently all day long for the 7pm draft…..we seriously were counting down the minutes……I LOVE THE NFL SEASON…I LOVE FANTASY FOOTBALL…and we’re just a few days from kicking it off….no pun intended…..
***I have a few wishes for my WASHINGTON REDSKINS…mainly this….I want quarterback PAT WHITE to make the team and REX GROSSMAN to not make the team….every time that REX GROSSMAN throws the ball, I hold my breath until someone catches it, it drops to the ground, or it gets intercepted….mostly intercepted….PAT WHITE is much like ROBERT GRIFFIN III….he’s been fun to watch…….
***the MINNESOTA VIKINGS saga continues in the quarterback department…I hope that MATT CASSEL gets to be qb over CHRISTIAN PONDER….I think that CASSEL could do a better job in the long…although, he sure didn’t look like it sunday night…wow…..
***the injury bug is biting some teams big time right now…..we just hope for the best as fans….it seems like the teams that stay healthiest have the best chance to succeed…..it’s tough for second and third tier players to hop on the field and join in on the fun when the other guys have been together in battle for years……it’s not impossible, but it’s definetly tougher……
5. YOWZERS…MILEY CYRUS HAS CAUSED QUITE A COMMOTION….I didn’t see it, but MILEY CYRUS performed the hit song “BLURRED LINES” with the original singer ROBIN THICKE at the VMA’S sunday night…..I have been reading reviews of MILEY’S part…they had words in the reviews ranging from “disgusting”, to “pathetic”, to “desperate.” and even worse words….apparently MILEY CYRUS was quite…umm….”slutty” in that performance….here’s what she was wearing….
I was going to post the video, but I figured, that if you really wanted to see it, you could find it…..she apparently had her tongue hanging out a lot, too…..MILEY CYRUS fans were shocked…..I wasn’t….she’s a typical “HOLLYWOOD TEENAGER” who is now a bit older and is throwing it back at us saying “i’m an adult now..i can do what I want.” MILEY has never done anything for me…so, I could really care less….I just feel sorry for her younger fans to have to see her like this……
my favorite comment that I have read? one person yesterday wrote that MILEY’S performance was “A CHEERLEADING SQUAD FOR HOOKERS.” funny…..
the song “BLURRED LINES” is one of the biggest, if not the biggest songs of 2013…..the singer ROBIN THICKE has famous parents, too…did you know that? you can probably tell by his last name, that he is the son of “GROWING PAINS” star ALAN THICKE….
and his mom is famous too…..she played “LIZ CHANDLER” on “DAYS OF OUR LIVES”, plus she has released a few albums…she’s a great singer….remember her? GLORIA LORING…..
the original video of “BLURRED LINES” features a very raunchy video and a made-for-tv video….i’ll play the tamer one if you want to see if you like the song or not….here goes……ROBIN THICKE with “BLURRED LINES.”
6. happy birthday wishes are going out today to comedian/actor/voice artist CHARLES FLEISCHER….you might not know the name, but you will know his face and his talents…….CHARLES FLEISCHER got his start in 1972 appearing on “LAUGH-IN.” but his big break was the reoccurring role of “CARVELLI” on “WELCOME BACK KOTTER.”
but, you will really know his voice work…he’s the voice of ROGER RABBIT on the Disney classic “WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT?”
he also did other voices in the movie like “BENNY THE CAB.”
CHARLES FLEISCHER is now 63 year old…..and guess what? he’s dating a writer/photographer/ AND MODEL….yep…and she’s much younger than him…her name is AMY AMBROSE….here is our birthday boy today…including one with his main squeeze……
7. my gorgeous wife and I haven’t gone to a movie since we laughed our heads off recently at “WE’RE THE MILLER’S.” but, there is one movie we want to see, and we’ll probably go this weekend…it’s a horror and suspense movie called “YOU’RE NEXT.”
my bride is not a fan of the “possession” or “evil” horror movies, but she sure loves the “slasher” and “zombie” type movies……hopefully this one will be worth our time……well, I guess there will be popcorn there, so it’s ALREADY worth my time…..
8. it’s SOUTH DAKOTA STATE FAIR time……i’m kind of disappointed…..I really wanted to go see LARRY GATLIN AND THE GATLIN BROTHERS and MARTY STUART together…but, I couldn’t get anybody else to go, and now we have plans for that night…….I do, however, want to drive to HURON on Monday just to walk around and enjoy the fair….AND THE FAIR FOOD….that’s my favorite part…..
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Little Sally led off: “I sold girl scout cookies and I made $30,” she said proudly, “My sales approach was to appeal to the customer’s civil spirit and I credit that approach for my obvious success.”
“Very good,” said the teacher.
Little Jenny was next: “I sold magazines,” she said, “I made $45 and I explained to everyone that magazines would keep them up on current events.”
“Very good, Jenny,” said the teacher.
Eventually, it was Little Johnny’s turn. The teacher held her breath.
Little Johnny walked to the front of the classroom and dumped a box full of cash on the teacher’s desk. “$2,467,” he said.
“$2,467!” cried the teacher, “What in the world were you selling?”
“Toothbrushes,” said Little Johnny.
“Toothbrushes,” echoed the teacher, “How could you possibly sell enough tooth brushes to make that much money?”
“I found the busiest corner in town,” said Little Johnny, “I set up a Dip & Chip stand. I gave everybody who walked by a sample. They all said the same thing, “Hey, this tastes like poop…!”
Then I would say, “It actually is poop….. . Wanna buy a toothbrush?”