THIS IS HOW I FEEL……
I don’t usually get excited about the weekend because I usually work Saturday and Sunday…but, this weekend I don’t…and i’ll tell you about it shortly….
***by the way, sorry I’ve been so lazy and haven’t done a blog all week….i’ll try to add an extra dose of love to this one….(corny)
your blog, as always, is sponsored by PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN…..okay….you need to come into PIERSON FORD today….our F-150’S are still $10,000 to $12,000 dollars off the MSRP….unreal…the people who are buying them are floored by the savings…..plus we have great deals on the other new FORD’S like the EDGE, THE FOCUS, THE FUSION, THE ESCAPE and more……..and if you’re looking for quality pre-owned vehicles, go no further than PIERSON FORD…we carry every make and model….about every color, too……to see our inventory go to the following address: http://piersonford.com/ or call us at 1-800-627-1237….or, the best thing to do is come in and see us in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….we’re located on north highway 281 across from SHOPKO….
1. why am I so excited? five of us leave early Saturday morning for GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN…..we’re going to see our beloved WASHINGTON REDSKINS take on the always tough GREEN BAY PACKERS…..truthfully, my positive feelings for the game have weakened a bit after I saw my REDSKINS play Monday night….but, they’ll be alright…they looked much better in the second half than the first half……..
we leave Saturday morning and we’re staying about an hour out of GREEN BAY…a town called WITTENBERG….and then, early Sunday morning, we head to the legendary LAMBEAU FIELD for tailgating….that’s right, we are meeting a whole slew of REDSKINS fans from all over the country…THAT SHOULD BE A BLAST……I’ve never tailgated before…i’m super excited about it…..
this will be my second trip to LAMBEAU FIELD…..truthfully, if you’re a football fan, you need to go to a game in this legendary stadium….even if your team isn’t playing or you’re not a PACKERS fan…it’s an awesome field, and the fans are incredibly nice…..seriously…I’ve never met nicer fans in any sporting event…….
and then, at noon, IT’S GAME TIME, BABY….by the way, if you’re watching the game, we’re eleven rows up in the end zone…don’t know which end zone, but we’ll be five REDSKINS fans in a row, all dressed up in our favorite team’s gear……..i’ll report on the event next Tuesday….
2. HOW ABOUT SOME FUNNIES?
seriously? there’s a sign like this? INVINCEABLE?
this one cracks me up…..
I am SO going to do this on my last night in our hotel room…..
I know some firemen…I can see them doing this…ha ha…..
I hope this couple always keeps their flame going for each other…..
a lot of things define me…this is definetly one of them…..
3. okay…I don’t want to get “political”…..they always say that there are two subjects you never talk about in public….religion and politics….I just want to say one thing, though…..all this bombing SYRIA talk is bothering me…..what bothers me the most is the fact that it’s on the news CONSTANTLY….good gravy, WHY DON’T WE JUST TELL THEM EXACTLY WHEN WE’RE GOING TO DO IT? if we do…….this is one of the bad things about 24 hour cable news networks……..by now, EVERYONE in SYRIA knows this could be happening….I always thought that when we do this there should be an “element of surprise.”
anyway, with all the talk, I just want to say one thing…AND I MEAN THIS…..
I have never been a fan of sending trillions of dollars to other countries who have no intention of paying it back…..WE CAN’T EVEN KEEP OUR OWN CITIZENS OFF THE STREETS…..it’s time we keep our time, money, and talents home….of course, it won’t happen, but it’s a nice thought…..
4. with well over a month until HALLOWEEN, I’ve done something I have never done this early….I’VE PICKED OUT MY COSTUME….
I won’t take the time to do this, but ISN’T IT AWESOME? man, that had to take some serious time to get ready…..
5. happy birthday wishes are going out to “SUE ELLEN” from “DALLAS”…i’m talking about actress LINDA GRAY….believe it or not, she’s a stunning 73 today…….i’m sure you remember her from the show…..
here is LINDA GRAY today, looking great at 73……
here she is with co-star PATRICK DUFFY…..
6. here’s a little PATRICK DUFFY trivia…….do you remember the tv show that he was on for two years from 1977-1978….we never missed watching this show……
do you remember that he had those “fish eyes?”
7. also celebrating a birthday today is actor PETER SCOLARI….you probably best remember him for playing the annoying character “MICHAEL” on “NEWHART.” but, earlier than that, he appeared on a tv show with TOM HANKS…remember the name? “BOSOM BUDDIES.”
on “NEWHART” he played the loving sidekick of bumbling “STEPHANIE” played by JULIA DUFFY….(no relation to PATRICK.)
PETER SCOLARI is now 58 years old…here’s what he looks like today…..
8. I love when a horror movies comes out on FRIDAY THE 13TH…well, tomorrow happens to be that date, and the long awaited sequel to “INSIDEOUS” comes out…it is appropriately called “INSIDEOUS CHAPTER 2″….
the previews look scary as all get out……
the first one terrified me, but the ending was rather stupid….the only chance i’ll have to see it on opening weekend is opening night…the night before we head to GREEN BAY…I seriously doubt that I will be able to talk my wife into going….but, i’ll try……if not, i’d probably better spend the night at home with her, being i’m gone for the next three days….I can always see the movie when I get back……
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
“Of course, my son,” said the priest.
“Well, Father, at the beginning of World War Two, a beautiful woman knocked on my door and asked me to hide her from the Germans; I hid her in my attic, and they never found her.”
“That’s a wonderful thing, my son, and nothing that you need to confess,” said… the priest.
“It’s worse, Father; I was weak, and told her that she had to pay for rent of the attic with her “intimacy” favors,” continued the old man.
“Well, it was a very difficult time, and you took a large risk – you would have suffered terribly at their hands if the Germans had found you hiding her; I know that God, in his wisdom and mercy, will balance the good and the evil, and judge you kindly,” said the priest.
“Thanks, Father,” said the old man. “That’s a load off of my mind. Can I ask another question?”
“Of course, my son,” said the priest.
The old man asked, “Do I need to tell her that the war is over?”:)