WOW…I SAW THIS AND THOUGHT, HOW TRUE IS THIS? KIND OF UPSETTING…HA HA
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….hey, it’s midmonth and a perfect time to stop in and and check out a new FORD….the FORD F-150’S are still ridiculously priced….$10,000 to $12,000 dollars off the MSRP….you’ll find great lease specials, too…..I just had a friend lease a new FOCUS the other day and she loved her payments…..and on the pre owned side, many different vehicles have come in…like an 07 ACADIA….we have a beautiful 2010 FORD EXPEDITION that we took to GREEN BAY this past weekend…super nice vehicle…and tons of other vehicles, too…click on the link and check out our website at: http://piersonford.com/ call us at 1-800-627-1237, or stop and see us in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN……
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES FOR TODAY!!!
some Mondays feel like this….
all of us men…we can’t do ANYTHING right sometimes…..
ah, yes…the humor of the older generation…wait a minute, i’m quickly BECOMING that generation…..
here’s an ACTUAL TEXT from someone who shopped at WALMART….hilarious…..
and…speaking of WALMART, they might want to get these shelves stocked….QUICKLY….
and finally, umm…I THINK i’ll just take their word for this product being good….WOW….
2. well, our GREEN BAY trip was a big success……other than the FOOTBALL GAME….wow…my WASHINGTON REDSKINS got smoked by the GREEN BAY PACKERS…..it was something like 31-0 in the first half….we made it respectable with a 38-20 loss, but it still looked ugly……we made the PACKERS look like a SUPER BOWL team…..but, we truly had fun…I don’t think we could have put a better group of five together for the trip….well, other than my friend Sara……..and my brother TREVOR……anyway, here’s the gang……that’s my baby sister to my left…..I have my arm on her shoulder……
one of the cool things was the fact that OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER star KEVIN DURANT was there…he’s a huge REDSKINS fan….he hung out for awhile over by where we sat……
even thought we got our butts kicked, and it rained from early morning until halftime, we had a blast….and one of the cool things was the fact that we sat right above where my favorite team came out……TIFF and my sister KRISTA about wet their pants when RYAN KERRIGAN came out…..in fact, my sister KRISTA screamed after she touched him…..and, we got to see the man….ROBERT GRIFFIN III, or “RG3.”
our friend TIFFANIE reached over the side and almost touched him…she said “I WAS TWO FEET FROM RG3.”
here’s a picture of the PACKERS getting ready for the mauling……
and, we had a guy sitting by us with a horse head on….why? we didn’t ask…were afraid to ask…and still don’t know…….
3. HERE ARE SOME QUICKIES FROM GREEN BAY…..
***I continue to be in awe of how nice people in GREEN BAY are….we must have had quite a few dozen people tell us “thanks for coming”, “hope you enjoyed our town”, “make sure to come back again.” trust me…that doesn’t happen in MINNEAPOLIS after VIKINGS games…….
***here’s another blast of kindness….we were walking into a sports bar after the game to get something to eat….when we walked in, a girl shouted “hey redskins fans..you suck…go home…” almost immediately, the girl next to her clapped her hands over her mouth and started shaking her finger at her……..a little while later, our waitress comes over with a round of drinks for us, compliments of the manager because of the way the girl acted…..crazy, huh?
***when we were leaving our hotel in WITTENBERG to come home, we stopped at a convenience store….when we walked out, some guy hollered at us. he walked up and said “you guys had a pretty tough day yesterday. here’s something for you.” and he gave us a big package of cheese curds….seriously? these people are amazing…….
***in case you’ve never been to GREEN BAY, it’s awesome…I’ve been told it’s smaller than SIOUX FALLS and has a legendary stadium and legendary team…how about that? when you enter the town it’s like driving into any town in SOUTH DAKOTA that has around 10,000 people in it…..it’s crazy…..and a beautiful town, too….
***the legendary LAMBEAU FIELD is right smack in the middle of a residential area……all of the neighbors make a killing by having people park on their lawns…yeah, ON THEIR LAWNS…they usher people to the back yard and start filling up……just think, a person could make a few hundred dollars eight sundays a year just for letting people park in your yard…..
***the tailgating was fun….other than the constant rain….we met REDSKINS fans from all over the country….great people…we even sang the fight song “HAIL TO THE REDSKINS” a few times…..
4. I WAS ON TV….that’s right, I was interviewed before the game on the REDSKINS name controversy…..it was FOX 11 out of GREEN BAY if you want to go to their website and watch the video…I don’t want to post it here, because it’s such a “HOT TOPIC.” I don’t want to alienate anybody with my views, and I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable who disagrees with me…..just feel free to go to their website and find the video…..
5. another cool thing….we got to see GREEN BAY PACKERS legendary quarterback BART STARR….yep…he was there with some of the other members of the 1967 team…..he stood right below us…he looks great, by the way….BART STARR is now 79…he will be 80 in January…..
6. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS SUNDAY NIGHT….it will be the series finale for “DEXTER” on SHOWTIME….I couldn’t sleep last night, so I got up around 1am and watched the second to last episode from this past sunday night…AWESOME…and it completely sets it up for an incredible finale this sunday night…..i’m going to miss “DEXTER”, but the show ending will save us some money…..after this sunday, we have no reason to keep SHOWTIME on DIRECTV…..ha ha……
7. if you know anything about me, you will know that HANK WILLIAMS, SR. is my all time favorite singer and entertainer….yeah, I know…he died way before I was born….but I LOVE his music…I LOVE the fact that he wrote all of those songs with an 8th grade education….I LOVE the fact that he accomplished incredible amounts of success and then died at 29…..29!!!! all of HANK’S songs were about his life….the real life events going on for him…that’s what makes him so special…..
well, I found out that my guy would have been 90 today…NINETY….which means, he could have still been alive today and maybe possibly performing yet if it hadn’t been for his alcohol problem……love this guy….
I cannot even tell you what I would do for an “authentic” HANK WILLIAMS autograph……
let’s listen to a couple of songs by HANK WILLIAMS….here’s the ultra classic song “YOUR CHEATIN’ HEART.”
my brothers and I used to sing this great song….”I SAW THE LIGHT.”
and, if you’re wondering what my all time favorite HANK WILLIAMS song is, here it is….”MANSION ON THE HILL.”
8. teen idol FRANKIE AVALON turns 73 tomorrow…(Wednesday) i’m sure you remember him….I know all you women do….
i’m sure you know a couple of his big hits….
here’s FRANKIE AVALON this past summer…looking great…..
and, how about singing along to his classic song “VENUS.”
here he is singing it “live” recently….
9. also tomorrow we have a milestone…actor ROBERT BLAKE turns 80…..at this point you probably either love or hate the guy…he was acquitted in 2001 for the murder of his wife BONNIE BAKELY….then in 2005 he was found liable for her death……..
however, his earlier life was filled with lots of memorable characters that people loved…ROBERT BLAKE played “MICKEY” on “THE LITTLE RASCALS” and “OUR GANG.”….
and, of course, everybody remembers his 70’s tv program with his bird………it was called “BARETTA.”
he’s probably best known for the 1967 AWESOME movie “IN COLD BLOOD.”
here’s ROBERT BLAKE today at 80……I had trouble finding any recent photos of him without sunglasses…I did find one, though….
he sure likes his cowboy hat….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a Sheriffs Deputy. He
thinks that he is smarter than the Deputy because he is sure that he has
a better education. He decides to prove this to himself and have some
fun at the deputies expense.
Deputy says, “License and registration, please.”
Lawyer says, “What for?”
Deputy says, “You didn’t come to a complete stop at the stop sign”
Lawyer says, “I slowed down, and no one was coming.”
Deputy says, “You still didn’t come to a complete stop. License and registration, please.”
Lawyer says, “What’s the difference?”
Deputy says, “The difference is you have to come to a complete stop, that’s the law. License and registration, please!”
Lawyer says, “If you can show me the legal difference between slow down
and stop, I’ll give you my license and registration and you give me the
ticket, if not you let me go and no ticket.”
Deputy says, “Exit your vehicle, sir.”
At this point, the deputy takes out his nightstick and starts beating
the ever-loving snot out of the lawyer and says “Do you want me to stop
or just slow down?”
HAVE A MOST EXCELLENT WEEK…