HEY HOWDY PARTNERS!!! it’s getting closer to another weekend…..this month is FLYING by, isn’t it?
just wanted to remind you that I would LOVE to talk with you….you can e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org I try to answer every email that I get…..
as always, your blog is brought to you by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…..hey, we have an event going on right now until the end of the month where with every vehicle purchase, you get a NO CHARGE NAVIGATION….that’s right….how about that? and wait until you see our incredible lineup of vehicles…..I will let you know, the new F-150’S are flying off the lot……we sell a ton of trucks……I just sold a new 2013 FORD EXPLORER the other day….you really need to see how the EXPLORER has changed….if you’re thinking it looks like the 70’s and 80’s EXPLORER, you couldn’t be more wrong…..
FORD is BY FAR the best vehicle on the market today….you can find out by stopping by PIERSON FORD….test drive a FORD EDGE and you won’t want to drive another vehicle……
when you see the logo, you KNOW you’re getting the best vehicle on the market today….
stop by and see PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…we’re located on north highway 281 in the auto plaza…you can call us at 1-800-627-1237…or check out our inventory online at: http://piersonford.com/
1. IT’S TIME TO TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE…..
NOTE TO SELF…….FIND LIDS BEFORE DRIVING…..
NOTE TO SELF: WHEN SHORTENING A WORD FIND A VERY VERY VERY LARGE PERIOD TO ADD TO WORDS……
HMM…I NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS NEXT ONE BEFORE…MAYBE IT’S TRUE…HA HA
OH, SO THAT’S WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FAVORITE CEREAL CHARACTERS….(HOPEFULLY NONE OF THEM BECOME “CEREAL KILLERS.”)
I’VE USED THIS ONE BEFORE, BUT IT’S JUST TOO DARN GOOD NOT TO USE AGAIN……
2. I was sitting around the other day listening to my absolute favorite music ever….CLASSIC COUNTRY MUSIC….and I came across a couple of greats songs by DONNA FARGO from the 70’s….remember her? she won ONE GRAMMY AWARD, FIVE ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, AND ONE CMA AWARD……she’s known for great hits like the following songs…and there’s a good chance that you have a couple of these, if not all of them….
DONNA FARGO developed multiple sclerosis back in 1978….as far as I know, she’s not doing country music anymore…I do know that she has created a line of greeting cards and poem books…..DONNA FARGO is now 67 years old…here she is in the past few years….one of the photos is with JEFF COOK from the supergroup “ALABAMA.”
3. YOU’RE GOING TO WANT TO TURN YOUR SPEAKERS UP….we’re going to play a few fantastic DONNA FARGO number one hits from the 70’s…..
here’s everybody’s favorite “THE HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WHOLE U.S.A.”
here’s the follow up to “HAPPIEST GIRL”…it’s the great song “FUNNY FACE.”
and here’s a song that I am GOING to sing in church some day….”YOU CAN’T BE A BEACON.”
4. COUNT ME IN FOR THIS….my wife and I love Halloween…..we love to go the haunted forest……but here’s an event that I would DEFINETLY DRIVE TO….it’s in MOORHEAD, MINNESOTA and it’s a HAUNTED CORN MAZE….yikes….my beautiful bride and I went to a corn maze during the day once in NEBRASKA….we couldn’t get out…..I can’t even imagine the blood pumping and heart pounding that would go on to have someone actually CHASING YOU thru the maze……as I said…COUNT ME IN….
our son lives in FARGO…this would be a wonderful treat for all of us….
5. speaking of being terrified, one of my favorite horror movies of the past few years came out this week on DVD….”THE CONJURING” was horrifying in the theaters…hopefully it can transfer over to the small screen….I have a pretty large screen tv in my basement, along with a fantastic surround sound……..this should be AMAZING….
a good friend of mine texted me last night that they were watching this movie at home and were TERRIFIED….yep…I know the feeling……
6. well, I found out this week that I have diabetes……..it’s the early stages of it, but I will be okay…..it’s probably a wake up call anyway…I need to change my lifestyle of eating and exercising……this is probably the motivation that I needed…….I think i’m going to have a little trouble cutting down or giving up things I love like corn on the cob and pizza…and diet pepsi…..my doctor says to just start “weaning” myself off the stuff….I can still eat pizza though, if I use like a wheat crust…..i’ll have to try that out someday……I don’t tell you this to get sympathy from everyone…I will be fine….I tell you this to warn you to get checked…the earlier you find it, the better you’ll be!!!!
7. happy birthday wishes are going out Friday to actress MARION ROSS….she’s had a career in tv since the 50’s, but is most remembered on a tv show ABOUT the 50’s……it was the 70’s hit “HAPPY DAYS.” she played everybody’s favorite mom, “MRS. C.”…..MRS. CUNNINGHAM…..she played opposite TOM BOSLEY, and the likes of HENRY WINKLER and RON HOWARD…..
here’s a 1950’s photo of MARION ROSS….
and here’s a cast photo of the favorite show of millions of people…..
MARION ROSS will turn 85 years old on Friday….I maybe knew this but forgot it, but MARION ROSS was born in WATERTOWN, MINNESOTA….she lived as a child in WILLMAR, MINNESOTA and ALBERT LEA, MINNESOTA, and graduated in MINNEAPOLIS….how about that? here’s MARION ROSS today on the eve of birthday number 85….one of the pictures is with RON HOWARD….ready for a shock? RON HOWARD IS 59 YEARS OLD….that will make you feel old…….
in case you were wondering, “MR. C.” actor TOM BOSLEY died on October 19th, 2010 at the age of 83……
8. BRETT FAVRE ALERT!!!! BRETT FAVRE ALERT!!!!
don’t worry, he’s not coming back to the NFL for a third time…..however, he was asked recently….after SAM BRADFORD was lost for the season this past Sunday, the ST. LOUIS RAMS reached out to BRETT FAVRE, but he flat turned them down…..BRETT says that other teams have contacted him, but he said no instantly…he said he’s in no football shape, and really has no desire to play again…….good choice, I think…..
9. my wife and I fell in love with the first season of the tv show “AMERICAN HORROR STORY”…..well, we missed season two last year for some odd reason…..but now we have the DVD….we’re going to start watching it this weekend…I CANNOT WAIT….the second season was set in a mental institution….which sounds creepy enough…..
a lot of the cast from the first season are back, even though it’s a completely different set of characters…one of them is JESSICA LANGE, who was really icky in the first season…I hear she’s worse in season two……
season three of “AMERICAN HORROR STORY” is on tv now…it’s about WITCHES…that’s right, just in time for Halloween……we have the first two episodes recorded, but haven’t watched them yet….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big “everything under one roof” department store looking for a job. The Manager says, “Do you have any sales experience?”
The kid says,”Yeah. I was a salesman back in North Dakota.” Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. “You start tomorrow. I’ll come down after we close and See how you did.” His first day on the job was rough but he got through it.
After the store was locked up the boss came down. “How many customers bought something from you today? The kid says, “One”.
The boss says, “Just one? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?” The kid says, “$101,237.65”.
The boss says, “$101,237.65?” What the heck did you sell?” The kid says, “First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn’t think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4×4 Expedition.”
The boss said, “A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a BOAT and a TRUCK?”
The kid said, “No the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife and I said, ‘Dude, your weekend’s shot – you should go fishing.’
HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY MY FRIENDS…