THAT’S RIGHT, 3 INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND THIS MORNING….YUCK…….AND IT WAS HEAVY SNOW TO SHOVEL TOO…..the good news is, sunshine and 50 degrees Thursday thru the weekend, so it won’t last long…..
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….right now thru this Thursday October 31st, we are having our “2013 PRICE BLITZ CLEARANCE EVENT.” this baby is huge….all vehicles are marked down, and if you buy between now and the end of this Thursday, you’ll receive a no charge NAVIGATION SYSTEM…..how about that? right now you can save thousands off the market value!!and, we still have the FORD F-150’S with up to $13,000 dollars in factory rebates and discounts!!!
stop by and see PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA….call us at 1-800-627-1237, or check out our inventory at: http://piersonford.com/
1. HOW ABOUT SOME FUNNIES FOR YOU!!!
2. UGH…THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS CONTINUE TO STRUGGLE….for those of you that read the blog from far away parts of the world, the MINNESOTA VIKINGS are kind of our “regional” team in the NFL….there are probably more VIKING’S fans up here than any other team in the NFL….but this year, they are HORRIBLE….they have won only ONE game so far…..and of course, my WASHINGTON REDSKINS are coming into MINNEAPOLIS to play the VIKINGS a week from Thursday…yes, i’m going….my family is going to watch two horrible football teams play……
4. we said goodbye to a couple of goodies since the last time we talked…..actress MARCIA WALLACE died at the age of 70….you probably remember her as the receptionist “CAROL” on “THE BOB NEWHART SHOW” back in the 70’s….(she’s in the middle.)
and, singer LOU REED died at the age of 71….he was the former frontman of the group “VELVET UNDERGROUND.” and he’s known as the “punk poet of rock and roll.” LOU REED is known for the top 20 hit “WALK ON THE WILDSIDE.” see if you remember this….
LOU REED died from an ailment related to a liver transplant recently……
he also starred in classics like “CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND”, and “MR. HOLLAND’S OPUS.”
here’s RICHARD DREYFUSS today at 66…….
6. ALRIGHT, IT’S MUSIC TIME…one of our great blog readers told me the other day that she LOVES the music I put on here….so, let’s do some more…today i’m featuring DR. HOOK….this great band from the 70’s and 80’s is fronted by RAY SAWYER, who lost his eye in an automobile accident back in 1967…he’s been the frontman for all these years…….
IT’S MUSIC TIME!!!!
remember the great song “SYLVIA’S MOTHER?” mmmm…love this song…..
here’s “COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE.”
and who doesn’t love this song? the huge hit “SHARING THE NIGHT TOGETHER.”
7. HOCKEY TIME…well, my favorite team the MINNESOTA WILD came out and whooped the CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS this past weekend in CHICAGO….so, naturally, I was excited to watch them entertain the BLACKHAWKS on their home ice last night….yeah…not so much…..the WILD lost 5-1…..totally humiliated at home….I believe it was their first loss at home this season as well….oh well, it’s one game…they’ll rebound….no wait…rebounding is in the NBA…..
8. apparently the latest “rage” on FACEBOOK is a giraffe picture…I guess you have to answer a riddle, and if you get the riddle wrong, you have to post a picture of a giraffe as your main photo…sorry, not STICKING MY NECK OUT ON THAT ONE…..(sick joke…but what else would you expect from me?)
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A blonde sees a posting on a bulletin board that says, “Cruise — Only $5.”
She goes to the address on the back and hands the receptionist $5. The receptionist nods to a burly man reading a newspaper. He walks over to the blonde and knocks her unconscious.
The blonde wakes up tied to a log floating down river. To her right, she sees one of her blonde friends. “Do you think they’re going to serve food on this trip?” she asks.
The other blonde replies, “They didn’t last year.”
HAVE A TREMENDOUS DAY…THANKS FOR READING THE BLOG….