IT’S THE WEEKEND….YEP…A FEW DAYS CLOSER TO TURKEY DAY…..JUST MAKE SURE THAT WE HONOR TURKEY DAY BEFORE THE DECEMBER BIG DAY….
your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…without them, we probably wouldn’t have this blog, so we thank them for their kindness……here’s a few things to remember about PIERSON FORD….
****we not only carry FORD products, which by the way are the best vehicles in the world….but, we also carry a full line of pre-owned vehicles in about every make and model….
****PIERSON FORD has tremendous lease specials right now on the FORD F-150’S, FORD FUSION, FORD FOCUS, FORD ESCAPE, FORD EDGE, and about any other FORD product you’re looking for….
****we have the BEST SERVICE DEPARTMENT AROUND….bar none…..let KELLY, STEVE, AND HEIDI take care of your vehicle situations, and your body work as well…..
****if you smoke a deer or are in an accident, you will love the quality of work our body shop does…….
****our sales team is top notch…..we are highly trained, and know our products. your vehicle doesn’t leave our lot until YOU are comfortable in knowing all the options….
****bottom line? THERE’S NO BETTER PLACE TO GO THAN PIERSON FORD…..seriously……
see our lineup at: http://piersonford.com/ call us at: 1-800-627-1237, or stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…..
1. TIME TO TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE……
okay, seriously…PROOFREAD PLEASE….
NOTE TO BUSINESSES: if you are planning a business, CHECK OUT YOUR NEIGHBORS…..SHEESH…..
I WARNED GRANDMA…HA HA….
you would think those awful, pesky rodents would freeze to death…..
okay, now this church sign is funny….may have to try this in HECLA…..
2. my wife will love this….apparently there’s a “WALKING DEAD” spinoff coming? seriously? that does nothing for me….what the heck title will they use? “RUNNING DEAD?” “ROTTING DEAD?” “EXTRA DEAD AND LOVING IT?” could I come up with more? OF CORPSE I COULD…….
3. HOW ABOUT MY HOCKEY AND BASKETBALL TEAM?
my MINNESOTA WILD hockey team is playing lights out right now….fun to watch….
it’s a lot of fun…there are so many different guys who can put the puck in the net….i’m sad that BACKSTROM was hurt goal tending the other night, but JOSH HARDING has been filling in quite nicely…….
heard the announcer say something funny last night…..maybe it’s just my sick sense of humor that caught it…..he said, “THE WILD NEED TO GET THE PUCK OUT OF HERE.” I heard differently…
meanwhile, my favorite NBA team is playing great basketball right now…..
KEVIN LOVE, RICKY RUBIO and the gang are winning games…YEAH, WINNING GAMES…we don’t usually hear that too often in this region…..could this be the year of a playoff run? yes, it could happen, but it’s WAY too early…..I just know that right now, it’s fun….when you are beating the LAKERS by 30, and the CAVALIERS by 30 that’s fun…keep it up, gentlemen….
4. speaking of RICKY RUBIO and KEVIN LOVE, I just about fell off the couch laughing last night when I saw their commercial on ESPN…have you seen it? check it out……
ESPN always puts out good commercials…this is one of them……
5. happy birthday wishes are in store tomorrow, for the great GORDON LIGHTFOOT…..he’s truly one of my faves from the 70’s…love his music…did you know that he is, and was, a very sought after songwriter? that’s right…GORDON LIGHTFOOT has written hits for the likes of ELVIS PRESLEY, JOHNNY CASH, MARTY ROBBINS, OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN, GLEN CAMPBELL, PETER PAUL AND MARY, ANNE MURRAY, and dozens of others……he has also had some incredible music on his own……
here’s a 70’s photo of GORDON LIGHTFOOT and a much earlier picture….
GORDON LIGHTFOOT will turn 75 on sunday…YEAH, SEVENTY FIVE…and, luckily for us, he’s still out there performing…….here’s GORDON LIGHTFOOT today, including a picture of me and my friend DENNY meeting him in SIOUX FALLS a couple of years ago……
6. here’s my favorite part of today’s blog…GORDON LIGHTFOOT MUSIC…..
here’s the great song, “SUNDOWN.”
I love his hit “IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND.”
who doesn’t love “CAREFREE HIGHWAY”..
i’m not personally a fan of “THE WRECK OF THE EDMUND FITZGERALD.” but I know that many of you are…so here it is…..
7. I think I forgot to talk about a movie that we saw a couple of weeks ago….my wife and I took a break from reality and went to see the movie “LAST VEGAS.” it was really good…very funny…of course, when you put together the ensemble that was in this movie, it’s bound to be good…….
if you are looking for a movie that you can just sit back and enjoy, this is it….will it win an OSCAR? doubtful….but it’s just a good old fashioned laugher….it’s fun seeing this much stardom on the stage and all working perfectly together…highly recommended……
8. okay…here’s the deal….CELEBRITIES CAN DIE…..OUR FAVORITE ENTERTAINERS WILL DIE…YOU WILL DIE…I WILL DIE….it’s that easy….it’s getting a bit old listening to people on the internet and on tv saying that “so and so isn’t dead…they just faked their death.” umm…don’t you think if ELVIS PRESLEY faked his death that he would have seen his daughter and grandchildren by now? don’t you think he would have come out of seclusion and kicked MICHAEL JACKSON’S butt for marrying his daughter? the “rumor” is that a wax dummy was in the casket….they say that the “noses” don’t match….check it out…..
when I was on a tour of MEMPHIS, we stopped to see the guy who fitted ELVIS with all his clothing….in fact, he dressed ELVIS after he died…the guy told us, “i’ll answer the question you’re going to ask…YES, ELVIS is dead…I saw his body…..trust me, HE IS DEAD.” good enough for me…..
and now, rumors has been resurrected (no pun intended) about comedian ANDY KAUFMAN….he died of cancer years ago, and people said that it would fit perfectly in his sick sense of humor to fake his death…once again, don’t you think he would have made an appearance or would have been spotted in the past couple of decades? the way our media is today, they would have found him by now…..
I agree with what one “death therapist” said on tv one night…he said that when celebrities die, especially at an early age, it reminds us of our mortality and the fact that we could go anyday….I believe that…it makes sense……
9. WOW….THE CELEBRITY SEEKERS MUST BE BORED…..I just read a headline this morning that said, “KIM KARDASHIAN LOOKS TIRED ON A LUNCH DATE.” seriously, you mean that celebrities are just like us? they get tired? they sleep? they put their pants on one leg at a time? they urinate? hmm…didn’t know that…STUPID PEOPLE….
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A blond, a brunette, and a redhead were trying out for a new NASA experiment on sending women to different planets. First, they called the brunette in and asked her a question. “If you could go to any planet, what planet would you want to go to and why?” After pondering the question she answered, “I would like to go to Mars because it seems so interesting with all the recent news about possible extra terrestrial life on the planet.” They said “well okay, thank you.” And told her that they would get back to her. Next, the redhead entered the room and the NASA people asked her the same question. In reply, “I would like to go to Saturn to see all of its rings.” Again, “thank you” and they would get back to her. Finally, the blond entered the room and they asked her the same question they asked the brunette and the redhead. She thought for a while and replied, “I would like to go to the sun.” The people from NASA replied, “why, don’t you know that if you went to the sun you would burn to death?” The blond smirked and put her hands on her hips. “Are you guys dumb? I’d go at night!”
GOOD ONE…HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY….