HEY HOWDY PARTNERS!!!!! I’M PRETTY EXCITED FOR TODAY…KIND OF…
WHY AM I “KIND OF” EXCITED FOR TOMORROW? WELL, IT’S FRIDAY…HOWEVER…………….
I’m just joking…I’m not superstitious. “Friday the 13th” doesn’t bother me….(unless a black cat crosses the road…or I walk under a ladder…)
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN……MAN OH MAN, YA GOTTA LOVE FORD!!!! (my English teacher is spinning in her grave over my horrible wordage….)
so, what’s happening at PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN? well, the FORD 14’s are rolling in daily……I was so excited today…I saw my very first 2014 FORD F-150 in the new “SUNSET” color…check this baby out……
GORGEOUS, RIGHT? as I mentioned, the 14’S are rolling in daily…..plus, I just got done parking a 2014 FORD FUSION “HYBRID.” that baby is beautiful!!
come on in and see us at PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN…we’re located in the auto plaza, north highway 281…..call us at 1-800-627-1237, or go online at: http://piersonford.com/
1. HERE COME YOUR FUNNIES…..
I think this next guy should maybe investigate what he is writing before he heads into the streets….
a little “snowman” humor….
maybe this next one should be used for “texting and driving” seminars…ha ha….
okay…I want to say “thanks” to the company for having a bathroom…but, SERIOUSLY, WATCH WHAT SIGNS YOU’RE WRITING THIS ON…
***AND BY THE WAY, THE ANSWER IS “NO.”
and speaking of “restrooms”, I would turn around and walk out of this one before I used this…..I DON’T NEED THE HUMILIATION….
(it is awfully creative, though.)
2. I’M SAD….one of my all time favorite country singers is RAY PRICE….
today it was announced that RAY PRICE is leaving his hospital room and going into hospice…apparently the end is near…….here’s what almost brought me to tears….RAY PRICE issued a statement to his fans that said the following……
“I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years and I hope I haven’t let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I’m going to be just fine. Don’t worry about me. I’ll see you again one day.”
breaks my heart….his wife said he is in the “final stages of his life.” GOD BLESS YOU RAY PRICE….GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR MUSIC…YOUR TALENTS, AND YOUR LOVE OF YOUR FANS!!!
3. WOW…my WASHINGTON REDSKINS are in huge turmoil…..first of all, our season has turned to crap….what was supposed to be a promising season has been nothing short of a disappointment….now, it appears that MIKE SHANAHAN is actually TRYING to get fired…..he apparently has taken sides against owner DAN SNYDER….and just yesterday, COACH SHANAHAN announced that the future of our team, ROBERT GRIFFIN III, or “RG3” will be “benched” for the rest of the season due to the hits he’s been taking…..KIRK COUSINS will be our quarterback the last three games…..
okay, here’s my take on the situation….first of all, I have been SCREAMING for KIRK COUSINS….RG3 is not himself….I don’t know if it’s physical or psychological, but he’s not well….he’s not even close to the same as last year….it’s time to give him a break……
secondly, I think that MIKE SHANAHAN has other motives……if he gets fired, rumor has it he wants to go to the HOUSTON TEXANS…..and guess what? THEY NEED A QUARTERBACK….and what a great idea to have KIRK COUSINS “try out” for SHANAHAN’S future team, wherever that may be……
4. KANYE WEST can’t keep his mouth shut….the “singer” gets himself into trouble all the time by not watching what he says….and, NOT CARING what he says…..just when another KANYE WEST debacle is going away, he starts another one up…and this one is PURE STUPIDITY…..KANYE said that he “puts his life on the line everytime he goes on stage….” and then he compared his singing lifestyle to “POLICEMEN.” yeah, KANYE is in the line of fire and in danger at his CONCERTS, just like our beloved police force does every single day…….IDIOT…..
well, I’m sure a lot of policemen are offended…AND THEY SHOULD BE….DAVID OLIVER is the police chief in BRIMFIELD, OHIO, and he’s gone on record ripping KANYE WEST….here’s what the police chief had to say……
“Since you are accustomed to danger, from your life as an international rapper, I am strongly encouraging you immediately abandon you career as a super star and join the military.”
“After joining, I would like you to volunteer to be deployed in Afghanistan or one of the numerous other forward locations where our men an women are currently serving. When the Taliban starts shooting at you, perhaps you could stand up and let the words flow.”
“I’m sure they would just drop weapons and surrender. You could quite possibly end all wars, just from the enemy being star-struck.”
The letter ends, “What I do not get is you EVER comparing what you do for a living to our heroic military members, who are always in harm’s way… and my brother and sister police officers who have to go to work carrying weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest to protect themselves.”
“Check yourself, before you wreck yourself….Chief Oliver.”
I am a huge fan of our police force, and our military…..NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE puts their lives on the line like these brave men and women…..I sell cars….I write blogs….I preach at churches…..I have a SAFE and WONDERFUL LIFE because of our police forces, firemen, and military members from around our country…….KANYE WEST needs to choose his words wisely….because of our military he has the “right” to say what he feels…and that’s okay…..just don’t “bite the hand that feeds you”, so to speak……
5. WE HAVE A MILESTONE BIRTHDAY TODAY….the great BOB BARKER turns 90 today…NINETY…and he looks better at ninety than I do at 49…….did you know that he spent much of his younger years on the ROSEBUD INDIAN RESERVATION in SOUTH DAKOTA? yep..he did….it was always said that if producers of the “PRICE IS RIGHT” found out that SOUTH DAKOTANS were in the crowd, they would have a better chance of getting onstage…..I doubt that, but it’s always been said……
BOB BARKER has been around for decades…..and I mean decades…here’s a couple of early pictures of this legend…..the first one is from “TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES.”
here’s BOB BARKER when he was leaving “THE PRICE IS RIGHT” and turning the reigns over to DREW CAREY….
guess what? BOB BARKER turned up on “THE PRICE IS RIGHT” on his 90th birthday….I would have LOVED to be in that crowd….
here’s BOB BARKER on the show today, and a couple of recent pictures….
6. “WHO’S SORRY NOW”…..what a great song from yesterday…it was performed by the lovely CONNIE FRANCIS….she turns 75 today…how about that? CONNIE FRANCIS has put out some great hits over the decades…here are some of them…..
CONNIE FRANCIS is 75 today…here she is recently…..
7. of course, we’re going to do some CONNIE FRANCIS music……
here’s quite possibly, my favorite song by CONNIE FRANCIS…..”V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N”
I am also a huge fan of “MY HEART HAS A MIND OF IT’S OWN.”
and here’s “EVERYBODY’S SOMEBODY’S FOOL.” another terrific song….
8. I cannot believe that CHRISTMAS is a couple of weeks away….seriously, where did this year go? I think I’m ready for CHRISTMAS…I only had to buy two or three presents, so it was EASY….
9. I HAVE BEEN IN HEAVEN RECENTLY….I was on EBAY and bought a big box of over 100 classic country records from the 1950’s thru 1970’s….I paid TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS for the entire box….well, they came in the mail the other day, and I’ve been LIVING by my jukebox since then….there was an original HANK WILLIAMS record in there…..plus two songs by FREDDY WELLER that I was going to buy from someone else for TWENTY DOLLARS A PIECE….this was seriously the greatest music find I have seen in recent years…..I AM A HAPPY DUDE…..
10. JOKE OF THE DAY:
An elderly woman decided to have her portrait painted. She told the artist, “Paint me with diamond earrings, a diamond necklace, emerald bracelets, a ruby broach, and a gold Rolex.” “But you are not wearing any of those things,” replied the artist. “I know,” she said. “It’s in case I should die before my husband. I’m sure he will remarry right away, and I want his new wife to go crazy looking for the jewelry.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS…