HEY HOWDY PARTNER!!!! IT’S ANOTHER DAY…WHICH DAY? I’LL TELL YOU….
your blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….hey, we haven’t talked about our pre-owned lot recently…..PIERSON FORD carries a full line of pre-owned vehicles of EVERY MAKE AND MODEL…AND EVERY COLOR…..doesn’t matter what you want…GMC, FORD, CHEVY, DODGE, CHRYSLER, HONDA….we have them all…..and we’re in the giving season!!! why not treat somebody special to a better set of wheels!!! check these out….
we have a 2012 FORD FOCUS SE with only 8300 miles on it…..it’s a one owner vehicle and is priced extremely nice!!!
how about a super nice loaded up pickup just for the wintertime!!!! PIERSON FORD has a super sharp 2010 FORD F-150 PLATINUM PICKUP….only 43,000 miles on this baby and it is a one of a kind truck!!! custom painted!!! heated and cooled seats….moonroof…navigation…loaded to the max!!!
call PIERSON FORD today at 1-800-627-1237….stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…or check out the inventory online at: http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S GET SILLY!!!!!
umm….call me crazy, but I DO NOT think this would be a smart idea if you want to keep peace in the home!!!
MAXINE JUST KILLS ME SOMETIMES…..ha ha….
this sounds like my regiment….
remember yesterday’s “FIGHT COUNTDOWN?” well, here’s another one…..
2. it was an EVENTFUL night in the household last night…..we came home to our house that was ripped apart by someone or something….turns out it was a stupid squirrel….just like this one….
well, okay, maybe that was an exaggeration. however, it is true….this rodent ripped apart about every room….tore down some blinds…..pooped everywhere…..and was finally trapped and released outdoors….(thanks to my nephew, MICHAEL….you’re awesome dude!!!) i’m not an animal fan anyway, but searching a house LOOKING FOR ONE is not my idea of fun…..turns out this demented animal was hiding in a FAKE TREE…..I was moving the tree when he jumped out and ran into our spare bedroom……THANK GOODNESS I DIDN’T SEE HIM JUMP OUT……I may have added some droppings to the carpet…..anyway, everything ended up okay…..after we cleaned and sanitized the house until midnight!!! DAMN SQUIRRELS……
3. NOTE TO SELF: NEXT YEAR GET YOUR SNOWBLOWER TUNED UP IN AUGUST…YOU IDIOT…..yep, I did it again…it’s snowing today, and we’re looking at around 3-7 inches of the crappy white stuff…and guess who didn’t get the tires fixed or the engine tuned up on his snowblower? I’LL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS AND THE FIRST ONE DOESN’T COUNT…..well, maybe our neighbor will feel sorry for us again and help out……after my recent health deal I talked about yesterday, maybe i’ll just kiddingly grab my chest and others will come and help too!!! (that would be horrible of me, wouldn’t it?)
4. there’s a pretty good TOM PETTY song called “THE WAITING.” where the main line of the song says “THE WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART.” turns out this should be MY theme song when I head to a certain ABERDEEN fast food chain for breakfast….I mean, SO CALLED FAST FOOD CHAIN….the other morning all I wanted was a breakfast sandwich…..I was car number five in line, and FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER I had my food…..yeah, 15 minutes……I was not happy about this, but, being the nice guy I am, I never complain….except on my blog…ha ha….
5. yesterday I ran into my friend JEFF BAHR from the AMERICAN NEWS…MR. JEFF writes some very unique and humorous columns for our paper…..he always makes me giggle by his writings…..well, JEFF told me yesterday that he and one of my LANGFORD HIGH SCHOOL friends, SHAWN WERRE read my blog all the time….COOL….I told him that we were at 1.9 million hits on the blog since it started, and yesterday he added that comment to his facebook page and the newspaper “twitter” feed…..
well, here’s something else for you JEFF and SHAWN….I have been tallying up where people read the blog from…..here are some of the places….VIRGINIA, INDIANA, AUSTRALIA, NORWAY, FLORIDA, CALIFORNIA, WISCONSIN, BOTH DAKOTAS, (OBVIOUSLY)….and dozens of other places too…one of the coolest? I had someone write me from WASHINGTON, D.C….he was in one of the offices in the FBI or CIA or somewhere like that…he said that he loved the blog and passes it on to people……(should I be nervous that the FBI is reading my blog?) ha ha
***by the way, we’ll have a big celebration when we hit 2 million hits…..what will I do? oh, I don’t know….maybe have an extra breakfast sandwich at that fast food joint….which will probably take another eight minutes…….
6. everyone that knows me knows that I am a music FANATIC….so, this next statement is very true for me…..
music was always there for me…when I struggled as a child, I turned to music….when a girl broke my heart, I turned to music…when i’m stressed out today, I turn to music…on my jukebox….and yesterday was “one of those days” that I cherish……
I received a record in the mail that I had purchased, and I honestly think it’s THE PERFECT CLASSIC COUNTRY SONG FOR THE JUKEBOX….want to hear it?
much to my wife’s dismay, I just purchased over 100 records on EBAY yesterday….for like 25 bucks….they should be arriving soon, and then an overhaul of the jukebox is coming shortly!!!
7. speaking of music, let’s feature a couple of 70’s singers!!! singer and stage actor PAUL NICHOLAS turns 68 today…don’t know the name? I think you’ll know the song……
PAUL NICHOLAS played the character “DOUGIE SHEARS” in the 1978 movie “SGT. PEPPER’S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND.” he turns 68 today, and here’s what he looks like today….
8. and, OF COURSE, we have to play the song…here’s the 70’s disco and radio hit, “HEAVEN ON THE 7TH FLOOR” by birthday boy PAUL NICHOLAS…..
9. the other day, for some odd reason, I was thinking about MELISSA MANCHESTER…I was thinking about the fact that, YES, I would go see her in concert…MELISSA MANCHESTER had dozens of hits in the 70’s and 80’s that I loved…including the theme from the movie “ICE CASTLES”, which, by the way, makes me cry everytime I hear it…..
she also had some other great songs, too…..
and many others…here’s what she looked like in her “hit days.”
MELISSA MANCHESTER is now 62 years old, and still looking great….and, i’m sure, sounding great as well…..
10. okay, crank the speakers up…let’s play some MELISSA MANCHESTER music….
remember the hit song “MIDNIGHT BLUE?” I LOVE THIS SONG….
remember when the circus came to town? yep, it’s “DON’T CRY OUT LOUD.”
here’s her 80’s smash, “YOU SHOULD HEAR HOW SHE TALKS ABOUT HIM.”
and, get the Kleenex ready…here’s the theme from “ICE CASTLES”…”LOOKING THROUGH THE EYES OF LOVE.”
11. JOKE OF THE DAY:
A old snake goes to see his Doctor. “Doc, I need something for my eyes…can’t see well these days”. The Doc fixes him up with a pair of glasses and tells him to return in 2 weeks. The snake comes back in 2 weeks and tells the doctor he’s very depressed. Doc says, “What’s the problem…didn’t the glasses help you?” “The glasses are fine doc, I just discovered I’ve been living with a water hose the past 2 years!”
HOW ABOUT ONE MORE…..
A man drives to a gas station and has his tank filled up. The gas pumper spots two penguins sitting in the back seat of the car. He asks the driver, “What’s up with the penguins in the back seat?” The man in the car says “I found them. I asked myself what to do with them, but I haven’t had a clue.” The clerk ponders a bit then says, “You should take them to the zoo.” “Hey, that’s a good idea,” says the man in the car and drives away. The next day the man with the car is back at the same gas station. The clerk sees the penguins are still in the back seat of the car. “Hey, they’re still here! I thought you were going to take them to the zoo.” “Oh, I did,” says the driver, “And we had a swell time. Today I am taking them to the beach.”
HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS….