IT’S HARD TO BELIEVE, BUT…HERE IT COMES….
and speaking of Christmas, your friends at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN wish you the merriest of Christmases….we hope that you are happy and with friends and family during this glorious time of year…..
at PIERSON FORD, we love CHRISTMAS….it brings together family and friends who may not have seen each other during the past year…..our wish for you is that you are warm, safe, content, and full of love for the CHRISTMAS season…..and, if possible, remember what the true meaning of this season is….MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM YOUR FRIENDS AT PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN!!!!!
1. HOW ABOUT SOME FUNNY STUFF….
wow…this just doesn’t seem right…..
sad, but true….there are probably some kids out there that don’t realize this…ha ha….
thank goodness I don’t like to read….
you wouldn’t think the next two would be good together…but, YUMMY…THEY ARE!!!
well, after visiting the store ONLY ONCE, I guess this next one is true….
and finally…sad, but true, there are probably some couples out there like this…ha ha….
2. well, I am extremely sad….one of our last links to the legendary country music stars of the 50’s and 60’s has died….the great RAY PRICE was 87 years old……RAY PRICE performed his music almost up until his death…..he had been suffering from cancer, so in the past few weeks had not been on the road…but are you ready for this? RAY PRICE HAS PERFORMED “LIVE” IN OVER SEVEN DECADES…isn’t that crazy? I even had the chance to see him……
I am usually not nervous when I meet country stars….and I’ve met dozens and dozens during my years in country radio…but RAY PRICE was different…..RAY PRICE came from the era of my favorite singer of all time, HANK WILLIAMS, SR….in fact, RAY PRICE was a roommate of HANK’S when HANK and his wife AUDREY were having another of their well publicized fights……
my radio friends BILL and DENNY and I went to GRAND FORKS to see RAY PRICE a few years back……I was awestruck….his concert was incredible….his voice hadn’t lost anything over the past decades…..the first part of the show was his “honky tonk” hits from the 50’s and 60’s, and the second part of the show was his “orchestra hits” from the 70’s…..it was an incredible show that I will never forget….an I will never forget meeting him…..such a talent….such a legend…
here’s the great RAY PRICE in the past couple of years….GOD BLESS YOU RAY PRICE..AND THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC AND THE MEMORIES…..
3. it’s now time to salute this legend, by playing some of his incredible hits…..
it’s honky tonk time…..here’s “MY SHOES KEEP WALKING BACK TO YOU.”
here’s the country standard “HEARTACHES BY THE NUMBER”….
and everyone’s favorite…”FOR THE GOOD TIMES.”
4. we also lost a couple of movie stars…..
first of all, PETER O’TOOLE died at the age of 81…he’s best known for “LAWRENCE OF ARABIA.”
PETER O’TOOLE appeared in so many more movies and productions…….he was known all over the world as a kind and gentle man…and a fantastic actor…here’s PETER O’TOOLE recently….
5. and finally, an actor with SOUTH DAKOTA roots has died….actor TOM LAUGHLIN was 82….he’s best known for the “BILLY JACK” movies a few decades ago…..TOM LAUGHLIN was born in MINNEAPOLIS, but graduated from the UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA, or USD in VERMILLION….he married DELORES TAYLOR from WINNER, SOUTH DAKOTA…and he was a big advocate of the reservations of our state…….
here’s TOM LAUGHLIN in his later years…..including one with his wife, DELORES TAYLOR….
6. I was thinking the other day…how different would my life be if I was single? thankfully I’m not…but I just wondered…..so, I thought I’d share with you….
HERE’S WHAT I WOULD DO IF I WERE SINGLE……
****no offense to anyone here, but I would be living in the hills of COLORADO….
****I would have a second jukebox full of rock and roll…then I would have one country and one rock and roll…..
****I would have the BIGGEST TV SCREEN AVAILABLE…..(probably a theater room, too…)
****I would be eating pizza every single day….trying out new ones all the time….
****because of my horrible eating habits, including pizza everyday, I would probably pass away from diabetes at an early age……
**** and most importantly, I WOULD BE STALKING OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN……(I probably shouldn’t say that out loud..)
7. NFL NEWS:
****first of all, my team sucks….my WASHINGTON REDSKINS have been a major disappointment this season, and they have been a virtual soap opera the past couple of months….in the latest development, coach MIKE SHANAHAN benched RG3 in favor of KIRK COUSINS….I’m not upset by this…I was actually calling for this a few weeks ago….RG3 is not himself…you can see that…he needs time to figure it out…and KIRK COUSINS could be serious trade bait…he could step in right now and quarterback at least a dozen football teams….(YOU HEAR THAT MINNESOTA VIKINGS?) however, I feel the SKINS need to resign COUSINS…we have to pay him whatever he needs, because RG3 has shown that his health can be frail….and he could be one horrible hit away from not playing in the NFL…..
evidently someone in D.C. already wants KIRK COUSINS to play….check out his modified RG3 jersey….
a couple of weeks ago, my team was demolished in WASHINGTON by the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS…it was so bad, that by halftime most the people left….did you see the picture of FED EX FIELD when the third quarter was starting? EMBARRASSING….
and finally, much to my happiness, my most despised team has begun their December flop…the DALLAS COWBOYS were humiliated by the GREEN BAY PACKERS this past weekend, after the BOYS had the game well in hand……I would have paid good money to watch the veins in JERRY JONES head throb during the final few minutes……..the game made me happy….if we can’t win the division, I would take the GIANTS or the EAGLES…anybody but DALLAS……
8. I just found out from my friend BECKI that bananas have the equivalent of FIVE TEASPOONS OF SUGAR….really? a physician told her that…..geez…no wonder kids love bananas……
9. happy birthday wishes are going out to the beautiful ALYSSA MILANO….this former child star, believe it or not, turns 41 today…..remember her? she played SAMANTHA on “WHO’S THE BOSS.”
ALYSSA MILANO let a talk show crowd in on a little secret recently…she said that she was the inspiration for ARIEL on “THE LITTLE MERMAID.” did you know that? she didn’t appear in the movie, but was told she was the inspiration…..
ALYSSA MILANO is still a KNOCKOUT…here she is at 41…looking INCREDIBLE….
10. and speaking of child stars from the tv world, MIKE LOOKINLAND has a birthday today…he turns 53……MIKE played the son BOBBY BRADY on “THE BRADY BUNCH.”
here’s BOBBY LOOKINLAND today at 53…and as a bonus for you, I have a picture of some of the BRADY BUNCH recently…..
11. JOKE OF THE DAY….
There’s a senior citizen driving on the highway. His wife calls him on his cell phone and in a worried voice says, “George, be careful! I just heard on the radio that there was a madman driving the wrong way on Route 110!” George says, “I know, but there isn’t just one, there are hundreds!”
HAVE AN AWESOME DAY MY FRIENDS…