HEY, THIS SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!
your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….
37 years…that’s a long time….FORD TRUCKS have been the best selling truck in AMERICA for 37 years straight…which mean…..FORD STARTED THIS INCREDIBLE RUN WHEN I WAS 12 YEARS OLD!!! wow…that puts it into perspective!!!
seriously, though, my question would be this…WHY WOULD YOU BUY ANOTHER BRAND THAN THE ONE MOST AMERICANS HAVE TRUSTED FOR ALMOST FOUR DECADES? it’s an easy decision….since I have worked at PIERSON FORD, I have seen many customers come in with “brand x” trucks….and they walk out of here with FORD trucks…AND THEY LOVE THEM….I have one customer that is third generation of another brand…his new FORD F-150 is the first FORD to enter their family…..and he loves it….I have another customer whose uncle worked for “brand x”….he bought a FORD F-150 and LOVES IT…He’s also the first one in his family to own a FORD…..
come on in and test drive the best…A NEW FORD TRUCK…at PIERSON FORD in the auto plaza in ABERDEEN, SOUTH DAKOTA…..call us today at 1-800-627-1237..or see our complete inventory online at: http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S HAVE SOME WEEKEND FUNNIES….
okay, I have to have ONE that’s my sick sense of humor!!!
and, a little kitty humor…..
I am SO GOING TO TRY THIS ONE DAY….
okay, ONE MORE of my sick sense of humor….
this would be HILAROUS…well, not for the girl……
and finally, a little Christmas and “rock and roll heaven” fun….
2. Well, we have had some crazy weather in our region lately….we have had “blizzard warnings” for parts of our area like every other day for the past few days……we get one nice day in the 40’s, and then it turns to total crap for a few days……winds up to 45-50 miles per hour…some snow showers and drifting……and C-C-C-C-C-C-COLD TEMPS……
some schools have been calling off…..some schools had school and school officials took a bunch of guff…..some schools DIDN’T have school and officials took a bunch of guff….here’s the deal…I have friends who are, and have been in school administration, and storm warnings are a NO WIN situation for school officials……damned if you do, damned if you don’t……
speaking of school, don’t think kids are slow learners…..I wish WE would have thought of this idea……
3. Okay, I’m going to use the same line EVERYBODY has been using in the media…….
“apparently LOVE WON’T keep them together…” that’s right, in shocking entertainment news, “THE CAPTAIN AND TENNILLE” are divorcing….when asked why, the soon to be ex-hubby said, “I don’t know….when I find out what it is, i’ll let you know.” pretty sad stuff being they have been married going on 40 years……..
marriage breakups are not funny……they are very sad…..I hate watching some of the so-called “entertainment news” channels, because they are making light of this situation…..it’s another reason that our society is decaying…….we now REJOICE in other people’s suffering……sad…..
in fact, I wasn’t even going to put it on the blog, but it was so shocking that I had to talk about it…….I feel sorry for both of them…that’s a lot of years together…….
4. but we DO have to play some of their music…..
here’s the classic “LOVE WILL KEEP US TOGETHER” written by the incredible NEIL SEDAKA…..
I always liked this next song, too….”DO THAT TOO ME ONE MORE TIME.”
5. in other “trainwreck” Hollywood news, Justin Bieber was busted for a few things including drunk driving in Florida this week……this kid needs help….I hope he gets it…..it’s always a shame when we put millions of dollars into the hands of teenagers……I like to say that I wouldn’t have done that, but I never even had the opportunity….I think coming from “the heartland” kids of makes it a different kind of decision……I wasn’t raised in a “big city” so, I don’t know how to even do that kind of living……..
JUSTIN even looked like he wasn’t taking his mugshot seriously…..
I had heard on the news that JUSTIN BIEBER could even face DEPORTION back to CANADA if convicted….hmm…that seems a bit harsh…I would think that that situation would be a “last resort” type situation…….
6. So, a friend of mine was looking at one of these fun charts where you look at your first initial, year you were born, and stuff like that, then you look at the chart and pick out the words for whatever the chart is about…..well, this friend had a chart on Facebook about Valentine’s Day……what is my Valentine’s name? well, according to the charts it’s “WILD CUTESY PIE.” yep…that pretty much fits…..(NOT)
7. I CANNOT WAIT FOR JULY…..yours truly and his beautiful wife along with three other couples are going to WALKER, MINNESOTA for a week of fun and MUSIC….there’s an event in WALKER called “MOONDANCE JAM” that I have been trying to go to for years!!!
we actually booked a house for all of us for the week…that’s right, we are staying in a beachhouse for a week…..”MOONDANCE JAM” has only booked five bands so far, but they are off to ONE HECK OF A START…..who’s coming so far?
FOREIGNER…(love them…they were awesome at the SOUTH DAKOTA STATE FAIR a couple of years ago)
GEORGE THOROGOOD….(b-b-b-bad to the bone)
STYX (I’m ready to rock, baby…)
DON FELDER from “THE EAGLES)….(I think he wrote “HOTEL CALIFORNIA”…..
REO SPEEDWAGON…..(tons of great hits….)
REO SPEEDWAGON has been at MOONDANCE JAM before, in fact, I have a DVD In my collection of their appearance there……
you might have that DVD as well….tell you what…I LOVE to take this DVD and put it in my player in the basement and turn on my big screen and CRANK UP THE SURROUND SOUND….sounds like a true concert……
8. I’m pretty pumped up….one of my favorite shows, if not my favorite show on TV is back on….it’s season five of “JUSTIFIED.”
LOVE LOVE LOVE this show…….in fact, I have the first four season of the show…my son TYLER has the box sets and is not catching up on the show and he says he LOVES it……TIMOTHY OLYPHANT played the lead character “RAYLAN GIVENS.” he’s a smart aleck U.S. MARSHALL who gets the job done and doesn’t take crap from ANYONE….good good show……
here’s the cast of the show….some of them anyway….
TIMOTHY is second from the left…..while researching the show the other day, I found some cool pictures of TIMOTHY OLYPHANT from his college days at U.S.C…..check these out….
he’s a good actor, and a very nice looking man!!!
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
I was in the restaurant yesterday when I suddenly realized I desperately needed to pass gas. The music was really, really loud, so I timed my gas with the beat of the music. After a couple of songs, I started to feel better. I finished my coffee, and noticed that everybody was staring at me… Then I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my iPod.
(ummm…I doesn’t mean ME in this case…ha ha)
HOW ABOUT THIS ONE….
A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude, the captain made an announcement over the intercom, “Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to Flight number 293, non-stop from New York to Los Angeles. The weather head is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax… OH, MY GOD!” Silence followed, and after a few minutes, the captain came back on the intercom and said, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I scared you earlier. While I was talking to you, the flight attendant accidentally spilled a cup of hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!” A passenger in Business class yelled, “That’s nothing. You should see the back of mine!”
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!