YEP…I CAN TOTALLY SEE THIS NEXT ONE…..
your favorite blog is sponsored by PIERSON FORD IN ABERDEEN….wow…hard to believe that January is just about gone…..seems like New Year’s Eve was just days ago…..as we leave January and head into February, we begin “tax season.” Pierson Ford has a great promotion called “double your tax refund.” When you get your refund, stop by and see us and find the vehicle that you want and love. Upon buying the vehicle, we will double your tax refund up to one thousand dollars!!! GREAT DEAL…..find out more about this incredible promotion by contacting the sales staff at PIERSON FORD in ABERDEEN……1-800-627-1237….stop and see us in the auto plaza, north highway 281 in ABERDEEN..or check out our website at: http://piersonford.com/
1. LET’S ENJOY A LAUGH OR TWO, SHANT WE? (is “shant” a word? it sure sounded good….)
we’re getting into the season for “valentines candy.” I THINK I’M GOING TO BUY A FEW BOXES OF THESE!!!
AWWW…THIS NEXT ONE GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS….TRUE LOVE……
and…one more “valentine’s favorite.”
“I WANT MY MUMMY.”
and finally…….a little M*A*S*H humor…..
2. we lost a legend this week……singer/songwriter/activist PETE SEEGER died at the age of 94…..PETE SEEGER is known for great songs like “THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND”, and he’s known for writing of co-writing great classics like “IF I HAD A HAMMER”, “TURN, TURN, TURN”, “WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE,” and “KISSES SWEETER THAN WINE”….BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN calls PETE SEEGER “the father of American music.”
3. let’s play a couple of songs by PETE SEEGER….
this is PETE SEEGER just last year at “FARM AID” singing “THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND.” c’mon…sing along!!!
how about “IF I HAD A HAMMER”….
4. do you remember back in the 70’s when CBS had the “CBS LATE NIGHT MOVIES?” that’s right…after the 10:00pm news, they actually played MOVIES instead of talk shows…..my brother TROY and I would stay up whenever we could to watch these awesome movies….I wanted to share a few of our favorites, to see if you remember them……
TONY RANDALL had a movie where he played ALL SEVEN CHARACTERS in the movie….LOVE this movie from 1964…..the year I was BORN….
TERRENCE HILL starred in a few “ITALIAN SPAGHETTI WESTERNS”….these were my two favorite of the “TRINITY” series….from around 1971…..
back in 1972, a horror film came out that used to give both of us nightmares…but we watched it every time…..BERNIE CASEY starred in this movie as one of the monsters…..
he would say the girl’s name in this movie in a frightening tone….”DIANA.” ooh…gives me goosebumps…..
remember the HOLLYWOOD hunk STEVE MCQUEEN? remember his 1958 horror movie? LOVED THIS ONE, TOO….
and then there’s another pair of movies from 1971 and 1972 that scared the crap out of me…I HATE mice and rats…so, these bothered me…..
a very very young MICHAEL JACKSON sang the theme song from “BEN”…remember this song?
5. I will show you probably my favorite “CBS LATE NIGHT MOVIE” shortly…..as we feature the birthday boy today…actor MARC SINGER turns 66 today…..good lookin’ guy….I remember women used to love him a bunch……
what movie did I love more than the other “CBS LATE NIGHT MOVIES?” birthday boy MARC SINGER starred as PENN STATE football player JOHN CAPPELLETTI who had a younger brother named JOEY who had leukemia…..remember “SOMETHING FOR JOEY?”
you will probably also remember MARC SINGER as “MIKE DONAVON” on the 1980’s original version of “V”……FAYE GRANT played “JULIE PARISH.”
however, most people know MARC SINGER from the “BEASTMASTER” series of movies…..women probably remember it because he always had his shirt off…ha ha
here’s 66 year old MARC SINGER recently…….
6. CRAZY WEATHER….nice and warm today, but cold weather coming back again…..it seems like our pattern this winter is one warm day, then four to six super cold days…..C’MON SPRING…GET HERE….
7. okay, I will have to admit that I didn’t watch over 90 seconds of “THE GRAMMY AWARDS” the other night….not a fan of the GRAMMY’S….and I’ve fallen away from today’s music so much that I don’t enjoy it very much….
HOWEVER, and that’s a big HOWEVER, there is one part of the show that I missed, but ABSOLUTELY LOVE……
a new star who gets the women’s hearts racing teamed up with a legendary band and KICKED BUTT on a medley of songs…..
ROBIN THICKE sang with CHICAGO and it was pure magic…..
8. do you know ROBIN THICKE? he’s the son of “GROWING PAINS” star ALAN THICKE…and he not only looks like his dad, he SOUNDS like his dad when he talks…….
9. JOKE OF THE DAY:
Two campers are hiking in the woods when one is bitten on the rear end by a rattlesnake. “I’ll go into town for a doctor,” the other says. He runs ten miles to a small town and finds the town’s only doctor, who is delivering a baby. “I can’t leave,” the doctor says. But here’s what to do. Take a knife, cut a little X where the bite is, suck out the poison and spit it on the ground.” The guy ruins back to his friend, who is in agony. ‘What did the doctor say?” the victim asks. “He says you’re gonna die.”
ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK!!!